Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default Christmas Songs/Quotes   #1  
Hey, just wondering what some of your favorite Christmas songs and quotes are?
Or even Christmas movies?
For...uh...no reason at all...
>.>
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 07:10 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Movie: Nightmare before Christmas
Songs: Deck the Halls / Dashing through the snow

Old Posted 11-18-2017, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3  
Those are all pretty good!
I don't have any particular fave song, but I do love my Celtic Christmas cd and also the Trans-Siberian orchestra Christmas music.

I actually have only seen Nightmare Before Christmas once, but would actually love to watch it again eventually.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 06:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
My favourite Christmas songs are
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks- Christmas Don't be Late (The chipmunk Song)
  • O Come All Ye Faithful
  • 12 Days of Christmas
  • Minka
  • Welcome Christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 11:18 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5  
I have too many faves. I love them all for different reasons, but first ones that comes to mind are Home Alone, It's a Very Muppet Christmas, and Edward Scissorhands(?).
Fave song would be Have a Holly Jolly Christmas sung by Michael Buble, and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen sung by Annie Lennox.
My favorite quote is "Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal, and a happy new year!" XD

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Everyone has such great, diverse Christmas favorites!
I haven't heard the chipmunk Christmas song in years! Used to love it a lot. XD
And I never thought of Edward Scissorhands as a Christmas movie...but I suppose it does actually have a large focus around the holiday.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 02:42 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
The Muppet Christmas Carol.
Best version of the story in my opinion.

We have piles of Christmas albums and such that we'd listen to but Nana Mourkouri always shows up at least once.
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Not necessarily my favorite, but I need to share this because I haven't quite gotten over how good PelleK's voice is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCbJICH2uY
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-29-2017, 06:35 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
So full disclosure, I hate most Christmas music because I used to work at a farm and ranch supply store and every year for half of November and all of December we stayed open an hour late AND the only music that would play was country versions of Christmas Carols... BUT Little Drummer Boy is and always will be my favorite Christmas song.

There aren't many Christmas movies that I can think of that I just love.

I am apparently a bit of a Grinch..
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I know that pain, Mekatra.
I prefer my "non-traditional" Celtic Christmas music and Trans-Siberian orchestra. But also have a soft spot for a couple of the songs off the MTV TRL and Hanson Christmas albums...
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
Completely agreed. I HATE October through December because it's a nonstop barrage of all of the same cliches. And it gets worse every year because they keep starting earlier and earlier, which makes them overlap, which means MORE cliches at the same time. And then January provides a small relief (for some reason New Year's stuff isn't nearly so annoying) and then we dive back into February (thank goodness only for the first half of the month).

And Christmas music is one of those cliches that annoys the crap out of me. Suddenly every radio station and every store's background music all sounds the same. It's the same songs I've heard for my whole life, and I can count myself lucky if a new song that isn't a cover of an old song gets successful enough to be played but not so wildly popular that it gets overplayed and burned out before the season is even over.

And then there are a few songs that I just absolutely despise with a seething passion: Last Christmas, Santa Baby, Baby It's Cold Outside, and Christmas Shoes come to mind. Not only are they overplayed (though thankfully Christmas Shoes hasn't made the rounds this year on the stations I listen to) but I hate the songs on their own merits anyway: Christmas Shoes is bloody depressing. Last Christmas is whining about being cheated on. Baby It's Cold Outside is either skeevy/rapey if you take the lyrics at face value or annoying and setting a bad example if you don't. And Santa Baby is just way too much innuendo for a song about the quintessential family-friendly holiday and EVERY VOCALIST I've ever heard perform it uses the same over-saccharine squeaky cliched supposed-to-be-sexy-but-actually-stupid voice.

There are a few I can tolerate. I'm a big fan of Trans-Siberian Orchestra; their stuff is musically interesting enough that the fact that they're covers of traditional songs doesn't bother me.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Okay, so I have to admit, I do like Baby It's Cold Outside despite the rapey tones just because...well, I don't really know why...it's catchy and I like the back and forth between the singers I guess.
Oh, uh...Killing Myself For Christmas by Sick Puppies is another of my faves to blast during the holiday season. It definitely is meant as a humorous song and not as any sort of pro suicide message, but I imagine people would take it that way.
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
Being catchy is all the more reason I hate Baby It's Cold Outside, because when I DO hear it, it sticks! XD
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I like the James Taylor version best.
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #15  
I like to sing, so in that way, even if I hate the song (Bing Crosby White Christmas anyone? Actually, the soundtrack from that whole movie) I'll end up singing it anyway, which is sorta balances it out. Or creates some manner of mental paradox.

I always get a kick out of the Bare-naked Ladies Christmas album, with a cover of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" and I still like a lot of the traditional stuff, and just suffer the religious ends. Little Town of Bethlehem, for instance, and Nana's Old Toy Train (not sure if that's the title).

We have several Celtic Christmas albums and such but even though the songs are good I have to admit that I like the traditional stuff that I've been singing since I've been a kid.

I also like most of the songs from Muppet Christmas Carol. "It Feel Like Christmas" in particular.
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
I like baby it's cold outside even though it's super rapey haha. It's got a nice tune. Did you all see Michael Buble and Idena Menzel's music video for it using children? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bbuBubZ1yE This bothered the HELL out of me, like no children should not be in the video for this rapey song. No. I like it, but it's problematic af.

I like Last Christmas by WHAM! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI Ariana Grande does a nice cover of it, if Wham! isn't your thing lol.

I worked retail for a looong time. I sold shoes at a Macy's. Retail is where the Christmas spirit goes to die. I completely understand how you feel, Coda. It's been four years since I worked in retail and I'm only just now starting being able to enjoy Christmas again.
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 07:48 PM Reply With Quote