Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Sexy BokBok
Default   #17  
If things work out with who I'm with... sure.
Why not?
Though I would do it in my own country.
There are states in America that allow gay marriage and Connecticut is one of them. Many of the states up north are.
See

"Look over your hills and be still
The sky above us shoots to kill
Rain down, rain down on me"
Old Posted 02-01-2011, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000

Would I marry someone of the same sex?
If things keep going the way they are going now, then...
Yes. I would love to marry someone of the same sex. My current girlfriend is great and I love her... So, why not?

[ L v e ]

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...
Old Posted 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Marova Velenva
Default   #19  
Whoever would have to be AMAZING to make me consider marriage, when I am pretty not-for being married, lol. But if they were AMAZING and same sex, yes. :3

Я хочу быть с тобой.

Old Posted 02-01-2011, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
Last I knew you could O.o At first it was just civil unions, then it was changed to marriage. .... I remember getting all excited because I could marry my partner (who is now my ex). So unless they pulled a 'California' and took it away, I'm fairly certain that you can.
When did they earn it then? After looking it seemed that only New Hampshire? I and like one other state had actual marriages and not civil unions.

----

Edit : 2008? Wow, that's pretty new then, isn't it?

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Last edited by Alexander Linden; 02-02-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #21  
I have to say that I will probably never get married. I'm not going to get into details, but I am all for other people getting married. Also, if i were to get married, I would go to the Netherlands... I mean, have you seen the women there!?!?! HOLY HOTNESS BATMAN!!!
Old Posted 02-19-2011, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I would love to marry a girl... but marrying a guy is also fine with me.. :)

im bi sexual and currently having a mutual understanding with a girl..and I want to be my girlfriend..

in my country same sex marriage is not allow.. because we are a catholic/christian country who believes that the couple who can marry each other should be opposite sexes... =/ if you are lesbian/gay/bi here most of the time your family will not accept you or everyone around you will hate you.. but luckily everyone around me accept me for who I am :)
Old Posted 02-19-2011, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Aigoo!
Default   #23  
I would like to go to cambodia one day. I am glad to hear they are so open minded and accepting there I hope it stays that way and that is spreads. Though at the moment I am with somoen of the oposite gender if things don't turn out I might end up with someone of the same gender also my father and uncle are both homosexual so I grew up believing it was natural unlike so many people in this world.
Old Posted 02-19-2011, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
I grew up with a lesbian mom, so me being a lesbian wasn't very hard. I didn't tell a lot of people until I was around 18 or so. Most everyone already knew, its just that I never made it and issue, so it never was one. I think Cambodia would be an amazing place to go. Someday, I would like to visit there!
~ FLY WITH ME ~
Old Posted 02-20-2011, 06:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #25  
I hope this world becomes like Cambodia.
I'm bisexual, leaning more to girls and being in the Philippines is kind of hard. Some people here are accepting of drag queens, but at the same time discriminating them. It's very confusing.

well, if I'm totally in love with a girl, I'd marry her if she'd allow me too.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 02-20-2011, 06:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Whoever I fall in love with and is good to Eric is who I will marry.
Doesn't matter if that person is a man or a women or in a completely different country

Though the distance would be hell . . . . .
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 02:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #27  
When I marry I wanna marry a person, definitly. I don't really care female/male/otherwise ( Yay for pansexuality) and I'm not sure if I even AM going to marry. It depends on the right person at the right time. Marriage is complicated so it might just not work for me. But if it does... Canada is 100% gay marriage approved so at least I've got assurances that its possible. :3
Old Posted 02-22-2011, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
E✘terminate
Where I live gay marriage is not allowed and my girlfriend does not believe in marriage because she sees it only as a piece of paper. So where as I would like to be with her for the rest of my life as would she with me we are going to have a commitment ceremony which to me is more important than being married and having a paper that says so.

People now a days are so narrow minded and unaccepting of something that is purely natural. They see it as abnormal. I would not wish the hardships of being gay on anyone honestly. My mother is just now learning to accept it because both me and my sister are lesbians. My father is okay with my sister being this way as long as she gives him grandchildren, but as for me he is not okay with it. I have not spoken to my father in a little over a year and a half and honestly do not plan on it.
✘|Twenty-Six|Taken|✘
Old Posted 02-23-2011, 06:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Default   #29  
Well as far as I remember, the paper allows a couple extra benefits ^^;;; I can't remember what exactly, but there are legal perks to being legally registered as a married couple... not necessarily a traditional ceremony.. but just the paper signing part... which is why it's such a big debate right now.

Personally, no. I don't want to get married to a woman because I have a man in my life that I couldn't dream of ever leaving..

However if he wasn't the love of my life, and I fell in love with a female instead, then sure... I'd love to be able to marry her.

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 02-25-2011, 11:05 AM Reply With Quote  
E✘terminate
yea the whole legally getting married thing that allows for other perks is true, but yea. i dunno. but they are also changing things to where domestic partners can get benefits from each other as well. :)
✘|Twenty-Six|Taken|✘
Old Posted 02-25-2011, 01:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
Default   #31  
I've always wonder about the perks. I'm married but I haven't seen many benefits other than being with the one I love. Not that if I could do it all again I wouldn't. It's a personal preference I guess.

Old Posted 02-25-2011, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Ahhh~ I see it

It's stuff like, if you die and don't have a will, your marriage partner gets to inherit stuff. If not married... your stuff just goes to state ^^;;;

and stuff likeeee....

joint parenting;
joint adoption;
joint foster care, custody, and visitation (including non-biological parents);
status as next-of-kin for hospital visits and medical decisions where one partner is too ill to be competent;
joint insurance policies for home, auto and health;
dissolution and divorce protections such as community property and child support;
immigration and residency for partners from other countries;
inheritance automatically in the absence of a will;
joint leases with automatic renewal rights in the event one partner dies or leaves the house or apartment;
inheritance of jointly-owned real and personal property through the right of survivorship (which avoids the time and expense and taxes in probate);
benefits such as annuities, pension plans, Social Security, and Medicare;
spousal exemptions to property tax increases upon the death of one partner who is a co-owner of the home;
veterans' discounts on medical care, education, and home loans; joint filing of tax returns;
joint filing of customs claims when traveling;
wrongful death benefits for a surviving partner and children;
bereavement or sick leave to care for a partner or child;
decision-making power with respect to whether a deceased partner will be cremated or not and where to bury him or her;
crime victims' recovery benefits;
loss of consortium tort benefits;
domestic violence protection orders;
judicial protections and evidentiary immunity;
Taken from http://www.religioustolerance.org/mar_bene.htm

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 02-26-2011, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote