Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

writing machine in bad repair
Default   #33  
Wait, why would Scottish people have a pet food? D:

Old Posted 01-29-2011, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Collector's Item
Some people are oblivious as to what a haggis is, so there's a sort of running joke around Scotland that a haggis is in fact an animal that lives in the Scottish hills.

Quote:
Its legs on one side are shorter than the legs on the other side. It's evolved to walk on the sides of hills. But, this means it can only run round one side of the hill, so the way you catch it is by running round the other side. They're similar, yet completely different from a small dog for the little ones. Don't underestimate them, though. They are classed as dangerous as scottish wildcats
Quote:
Imagine a badger with less hair crossed with a small dog, aye? They're found in the hills here in the highlands. They're usually found in the thick woodland of the hills. Basically in the same place where stags live. You'll have to come up to the highlands for the day/weekend.
^That's just a few extracts of the 'animal' that is haggis.
Old Posted 01-29-2011, 11:51 AM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #35  
I have a David Tennant life size(ish) cutout in my room and once when my mom came in to ask me what I wanted for dinner, she started talking to the cut out about haggis.

I can't let her in my room for more than 30 seconds any more, because at some point she'll tell me David Cutout Tennant has some form of an opinion.
Old Posted 01-29-2011, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Socially Awkward

I knew someone who thought Canadians don't curse, so when I cursed in front of her one day she was completely amazed. Then she started to ask me if our curse words are the same. [facepalm]

And apparently, being Native American automatically makes me very nice? I was in a Ventrilo mic chat with some old WoW guildies a long time ago, and the topic was brought up. They kept saying how every Native person they know seems to be really nice.

Old Posted 01-30-2011, 08:48 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber-dreams View Post

I knew someone who thought Canadians don't curse, so when I cursed in front of her one day she was completely amazed. Then she started to ask me if our curse words are the same. [facepalm]

And apparently, being Native American automatically makes me very nice? I was in a Ventrilo mic chat with some old WoW guildies a long time ago, and the topic was brought up. They kept saying how every Native person they know seems to be really nice.

Whenever Canadian stereotypes are mentioned I always think about this comic:

cos they're so nice!

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 09:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Socially Awkward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
Whenever Canadian stereotypes are mentioned I always think about this comic:

cos they're so nice!

Heehee, that actually made me giggle! x]

Old Posted 01-30-2011, 09:36 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #39  
amber - Kate Beaton is awesome. I wish I could get all the Canadian in-jokes she makes, the stuff about ppl from Newfoundland and Quebec and all that.
One more! The first one: link
dawww!

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 09:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Collector's Item
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradiddle View Post
I have a David Tennant life size(ish) cutout in my room and once when my mom came in to ask me what I wanted for dinner, she started talking to the cut out about haggis.

I can't let her in my room for more than 30 seconds any more, because at some point she'll tell me David Cutout Tennant has some form of an opinion.
My mum does the same thing, just I have a large cuddly dog called Henry that sits on my chair. She'll just start talking away to him while I headdesk in the corner. xD
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 10:37 AM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #41  
Probably the biggest stereotype for Americans is that we're all fat.

It doesn't really help that even our news talks about how everyone's not just overweight, but morbidly obese. Like there's no difference between "average weight" and "morbidly obese". Once you're ten pounds over, it's hey, get on a diet, fatty, before you cause an earth quake!

It's really ridiculous. I look around and I see a lot more thin or average-build people than fat ones. I'm not sure if it's just because of where I live or what, but I don't see the "fat epidemic" that everyone's talking about.

Old Posted 01-30-2011, 11:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Sized Ninja
I have a question... what with the being Cambodian and hating doughnuts?

Sorry I have a headache and I apparently can't type clear thoughts...lol.

I had some people tell me that I was emo because I dyed my hair a lot.

Thanks so much littl3chocobo

Quest thread~http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showt...39#post1503339
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 11:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Mahou Shoujo
Default   #43  
Pocket: I know the feeling, I was considered emo because I dressed differently than everyone else in my class (and it wasn't even in black O_o; )
Aiko wants MINDSLAVES, pm her to be one!
Mindslaves: 3
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 11:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Collector's Item
@Johnny: Did you hear the joke that Adam Hills did about why American's are obese?

Quote:
There is more obesity in America than any other country on the planet and I reckon I've worked out why. I reckon in 1984 a group of British and Irish musicians put out a song that told us all to 'Feed The World'. And then a year later a group of American musicians put out a song that said 'We Are The World'.
Youtube link to the comedy clip.

The joke I'm on about starts just before five minutes.
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Lost in the forest
Default   #45  
@Disco,

that could possibly be the greatest joke I've ever heard. Thank you...
/ Questing /
Insane Clutterbug & Creepy Lurker
Old Posted 02-09-2011, 04:28 AM Reply With Quote  
`Inside the Fire
I hate the Mexican stereotypes.
My dad tells me that they're all dirty and gross. That they're all killers and drunks.

= u=; yet a lot of my best friends are Mexican.
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 04:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #47  
My dad is totally the typical mexican..he is in fact racist of anyone who isn't mexican..
Old Posted 02-22-2011, 10:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
All my friends are mexican..99% anyway. XD

I love mexican and other Latino/Hispanic.

I don't get a long with the Asian people. A lot of them stare at me when they see me and it is so creepy and a lot of them look so mysterious and cruel. None of them really want to make friends with me, probably jealous of my beauty. XD
Old Posted 02-22-2011, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote