Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default Culinary and agriculture stuff   #1  
Hi. So i was wondering if there are people Here who lovez cooking and farming.

Maybe you could share me some of your knowlege if you are already a very good chef or a master farmer.

I'm studying culinary at the moment anf i amplanning to leave my officr job to movr into the kitchen.

I also love farming i havr plantef lots of herbd in our back yard.

I wanted to owna restaurant that has a farm on backyard so that i can grow all the things that will be served.
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 08:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
I'm not a master, or anywhere near, but I do love cooking and I love gardening <3

Old Posted 01-02-2017, 11:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #3  
I am somewhat...I sort of hope to start a small community based in a sustainable farm... (~30 acres)

Edit: I can make cookies, brownies, potato-stuff, bread, stews, breaded chicken, biscuits, caramelized apples, canned pickles and tomatoes/salsa...
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 01-06-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
I definitely don't consider myself an expert. But I grow tomatoes, green onions, chives, blueberries, peaches, and apples. I also have a raspberry bush started.
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #5  
I am totally lame, because I don't have a garden, my last garden was eaten up by critters and bugs. I have deer and bunnies and as a consequence the only flowers I can plant are dandelions because they are so smelly. As for veggies, I have not tried again. I don't love to cook, but I love to eat.
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I come from a long line of successful farmers. While my father decided to switch careers and I followed in his footsteps, my uncle on his side of the the family continues the family business. My brother and sister and I used to go visit the farm every summer to help with the wheat harvest.

I forget just how big the farm is, but I know that if you're standing in any of the fields, you see nothing but fields all the way out to the horizon. (Not all of those fields belong to my family.)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I'm not a master, or anywhere near, but I do love cooking and I love gardening <3
I am in a profession where my gardening experience is needed, so I know a bit, but like glitch said I also love both XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 01-06-2017, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I live on a farm and try to cook. I'm probably not totally awesome at it, but I can do some basic things. My specialty is fried zucchini now, and I can cook a steak. Still working on chicken.

Since my sister whom I live with is not always one to cook, I tend to be the one to make meals, alternating with our housemate who makes massive dinners on occasion.

I learned to cook mostly from my dad talking to me while he was cooking, or him or my mom trying to show me things, and from the cooking channel being on all the time. I picked up more than I realized once I actually started to try cooking. I find the little things are the most useful to know, like knowing how to make a sauce from the crud in the bottom of the pan after cooking meat, what will add sweetness or tartness to something, and getting over being afraid of winging it.

My tiny little pot planter has English mint that I need to regularly hack off since it keeps trying to escape. I pick leaves to steep with my tea sometimes. I also have two ever-bearing strawberry plants that have one or two every once and a while. That's my treat for looking after my plants.

I'm currently attempting to grow roses from clippings. The proper method was to apparently use a potato, but my potato rose from a good clipping with DIY compost and internet tip-things just molded at the stem, while the rose trimming I fished out of the trash and stuffed in a carrot (no potatoes) as a tester was growing quite well.

A friend admired one of my rose plants (I have two, plus carrot-rose) and I'm hoping to grow a clipping for him if I can't just break the plant in half. Some plants will let you do that if the roots will hold up.
Old Posted 01-06-2017, 08:01 AM Reply With Quote  
-
Default   #9  
I'm not a good chef or a good farmer, though I do cook and I have planted some things. Just simple stuff like mint, basil, dill, green onions, and cilantro.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 01-06-2017, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
I don't cook and I don't plant ><'. Sometimes I feel I shall never be able to cook because I simply refuse to follow recipes. One look at a recipe and I close the book/tab/whatever I'm reading. So I just boil and toast and fry random stuff x'D. I don't have houseplants because I keep fearing there'll suddenly be creepy crawlies sprouting out of the soil.

Old Posted 01-07-2017, 10:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #11  
oh i dont know if i can help you with cooking! iam just a hobby chef ^^ and i mostly made mediteran dishes or german dishes
but iam a florist and we need to know how we farm plants....
so tell me wanna know something??
Old Posted 01-07-2017, 10:50 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potironette View Post
I don't cook and I don't plant ><'. Sometimes I feel I shall never be able to cook because I simply refuse to follow recipes. One look at a recipe and I close the book/tab/whatever I'm reading. So I just boil and toast and fry random stuff x'D.
That is cooking right there. Recipes are generally more important for baking since there are special things that need to happen, but cooking can be as hit or miss as you like, just learn how to not make things dangerous, like cooking chicken properly, or ground meat.

Make something, taste it, add a thing, taste it again, add another thing, etc. I've learned more by experimentation than by following recipes, though I use them for a base.

Want something more sweet? Add brown sugar.
Want something more salty? Salt or maybe soya sauce.
Tangier? Lemon, vinegar, etc.
Not sure but needs something? Ketchup. No, really, a little packet of ketchup works great for balancing things.

I fried some duck the other day for my sister, and made a pan sauce with Brandy, blackberry jam, orange juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, the duck fat that was left in the pan, and a little bit of clarified butter because my sister keeps it around. Was quite sweet but tasty!

I attempted stew recently (failed because I overcooked it into more of a paste but it still tasted more or less the same). The base was a can cream of chicken soup with salt and pepper (always those), some Worcestershire sauce, a little goat's milk, and parsley.
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 05:34 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sandman View Post
oh i dont know if i can help you with cooking! iam just a hobby chef ^^ and i mostly made mediteran dishes or german dishes
but iam a florist and we need to know how we farm plants....
so tell me wanna know something??
You know much about growing roses indoors? I have a cutting that it still alive but it's inside because it's too cold outside for anything to be there. It's a miniature and seems okay, I've just been watering it but it probably needs something in the soil. It's just whatever dirt I found at the time. Gets white bits on it but I'm not sure if it's just dust or some kind of mold.
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 05:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
You know much about growing roses indoors? I have a cutting that it still alive but it's inside because it's too cold outside for anything to be there. It's a miniature and seems okay, I've just been watering it but it probably needs something in the soil. It's just whatever dirt I found at the time. Gets white bits on it but I'm not sure if it's just dust or some kind of mold.
if its a young plant its okay to have it indoors over winter but if you want to plant it outsite its okay over winter too because its an perenne plant.... it will grew every year and "sleep" over winter time
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 07:22 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #15  
Yum! Duck!

I never cook meat because of that reason--it'll taste bad overcooked but I'd rather not kill myself eating it undercooked x'D. Most of the times I have random vegetables/tofu/eggs with something grainy (noodles/rice/bread).

Old Posted 01-15-2017, 07:34 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm not a fan of cooking chicken or ground meats for the germ risk, but I'm fine with steaks and such since it's most likely that any bacteria will be on the outside, not ground in, and so a good sear will take care of it. The oven works well enough for chicken breast, for me.

My sister and I made soup today. Just really, really tiny pasta rings, with beef broth, some veggie and chicken bullion cubes for extra flavour and salt, and some leftover turkey that was frozen. I added some pepper and dried parsley. It's pretty good, and simple.
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote