Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #353  
I'm not sure where it says zombies can't be cannibals.

Old Posted 06-19-2012, 03:37 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
..........So you're saying zombies can eat other zombies? o.o

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 06-19-2012, 03:46 PM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #355  
I don't see why they couldn't. It's not like they can be double infected.

Old Posted 06-19-2012, 03:55 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
o.o

That is just weird. I'm staying away from Ginger now. >.>

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 06-19-2012, 04:52 PM  
Snap!
Default   #357  
Zombies are dead though.. what if they like their food live?
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 03:05 AM  
It Won't Stop
Well, they don't have much choice when all the living have been eaten and zombie cannibalism is their only option.

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 03:39 AM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #359  
Eh... 3 years in hiding until they all rot.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM  
It Won't Stop
Assuming that whatever turned them doesn't also have a method of preserving the flesh, that is.

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 11:26 AM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #361  
Assuming that yes. But if it doesn't by the rate of decomposition with the rate of growth of the population adding in for the lack of food after a certain point and turning to cannibalism. The equator would be free of Zombies in 10 years, the polar ice caps in 2 (Lack of food driving them to move to warmer weather). So Canada & Alaska upper areas should be free to resettle in 3 years lower US in 7.
We actually did this in my Stats class.... well I did for my final project.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 11:48 AM  
It Won't Stop
Oh, a Tiva does please me so.

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 11:57 AM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #363  
I am a nerd, I know it. But using my anthropology tables with a food source formula (Population density) with a growth formula (4 kills per day per zombie until a 4th of the worlds population is turned then it steadily goes down) I had fun messing with my teacher with the ratios. Then asked my class if they had enough canned food to survive for 7 years.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 12:05 PM  
It Won't Stop
Veeeery nice numbers. I'm wondering if they really would migrate that quickly, though. And I guess it would be a little too much to factor in the different rates of decomposition in all this, too?

Personally, I'd like a place with a bit more land on it so I can actually work some of my plans for crops.

... Yep.

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 12:10 PM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #365  
The population density and need for food makes the migration faster. As long as only humans carry the virus and it does not mutate to animals that is a pretty good rate of migration because they need to feed (assuming 2 brains a day). Since they don't sleep or need to rest in any way they could migrate faster than even birds could if they crossed water.
And I did the typical rate of slow decomp for the US, 2 to 5 years for a full skeleton, unburied and left exposed to the elements. So for them to be able to walk they would have to feed less than the needed amount for about a year before their leg muscles disconnected and they couldn't walk anymore. Also figure in that if they started attacking each other that the rate would go up since they are injuring themselves and exposing more open flesh for bacteria to feed on.
I want to live in a geo dome up in the polar areas. Green house with sun 6 months of the year to grow fresh food and the other six to work on a cure or play shoot the zombie.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 12:20 PM  
It Won't Stop
Aha, there's no way I could afford something that elaborate, but it would be nice.

-flops- Your brain workings please me.

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 12:26 PM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #367  
They please a lot of people. Cadaver dog training was interesting because all of the helpers were coming up with Zombie stuff stating that we didn't plant those limbs and it must be a zombie.

I couldn't afford it either but that would be the dream containment unit. That or living in the armory on base at Bragg.. it is nice and big.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM  
Snap!
Wow lots of statistics going on here. I would totally hole myself up in an underground shelter made up of four or more shipping containers full of everything I would need for years, along with my boyfriend. Not sure where that would be but probably a covered area of some kind. Doomsday Preppers is a pretty awesome show. I don't think the shit will hit the fan anytime soon but it's always good to have a plan. I believe that being self-sustaining in today's world is quite the accomplishment. It is estimated that around 300,000 Americans are living off the grid. If I had the funds, smarts, and equipment I would definitely do it.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 06-23-2012, 06:27 AM