Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Weaver of Tales
Default The Rainbowfox's Haunted Hospital   #1  

Welcome, welcome one and all! Step right up for the fright of your night, as I open the doors to my secret laboratory - where creepy creeps, and spooky spooks meander the hallways, and insanity comes in fall flavors!

Come! Pull up a chair, stay a while! We have cider, punch, hot cocoa, and... stronger potions for those of us old enough. There is also candy strewn about, and I may give some out. I urge you to be careful in your wanderings, lest you accidentally run into one of the residents. Of course, this is their home we are invading, so 'encounters' are likely to happen.

I will open up this Haunted Attraction one room at a time! There are prizes hidden in the corridors, vouchers for various items tucked into floors, doors, nooks, and crannies! Check everywhere, but mind your fingers and toes! As always, stay safe. Refer to the rules on the wall for proper haunted-house etiquette!

RULES
- Do not touch the resident spooks, although they may touch you!
- Stay with your party.
- No foul language inside the Hospital.
- Have your 'ticket' ready at the door before you come inside.
- No food and drink.
- Be prepared for sudden loud noises and flashing lights.
- Individuals with epilepsy are kindly encouraged to follow the orange trail.
- Individuals with disabilities may flag down one of the Helper Ghouls wearing a bright orange jacket for assistance.
- No cell phones, no flash photography.
- We encourage you to look up, around, and in all directions, not just down at the floor! If our resident spooks see you cowering or looking 'disinterested', that's an invitation to them to terrify you even more!
- Have a good time!

For this House, your costume is your Ticket. At least one piece of medical paraphernalia MUST be on you at all times. Restless spooks respond better to someone who looks as though they belong there. Please grab a wrist-band from the crate near the door, and remember to follow all Staff orders! Have a great time!

----------------------------

I'm running this event as an interactive Haunted House. The rooms that are open will be described in detail in this first post, as well as labeled. One room at a time will be opened, until the whole house is opened. Vouchers are literally hidden EVERYWHERE, so be sure to look everywhere. There are thirteen [oooo, spooky!] vouchers per room, in set locations that only I know. These vouchers are good for random things, and you will not know what they are until you turn them in when you're done at the house. You may stay and look as long as you like, but you may only get ONE voucher per room, and FIVE vouchers total! We want to leave some for everyone. ^^

Once you post inside a room, I will post as a character inherent to that room to give you clues, scare your characters, or simply lead you on - you don't know. There are also 'secret events' that may happen at certain places in the House, so interaction is well worth it!

I will be using pictures from anime for my characters, since I don't have time to draw them all. Vouchers will be presented as digital images in my interactions posts. ONLY THE GROUP NAMED IN THE POST will get the voucher, and once one has been found in a certain place, it will be marked as such, and you will have to look elsewhere to find the next one.

----------------------------

ROOMS OF THE HOSPITAL

The Reception Area
Inside the first room of the Haunted Hospital is the area where the hospital would have originally accepted and served clients and patients. What probably used to be a bright and cheery room has fallen into disrepair.
The chairs and benches are all rusted, covered over with a black, crusty substance. The cushions are wrecked, stuffing pulled out and holes all over - some look as though they might have been made with a knife.
The walls are still white - but the paint has faded, and there are reddish-brown splatters all around, covering most possible surfaces. In places, what must have been decidedly tasteful pictures of flowers and trees have been corrupted with lopsided hangings of various torture scenes - including an old-fashioned Salem Witch Trial, where there were two young ladies hung in the background, and one being burned alive.
The floor is medical-grade green, and still mostly intact, although there are footprints of that same reddish-brown substance all over, leading to various doorways, and some of the linoleum is cracked and ripped. Black stains cover the outside edge of the flooring, looking burned and mangled.
There is no steady light here, instead a broken florescent light dangles by a frayed cord, flickering on and off. When the light is not on, the rest of the area is bathed in an eerie green-blue light from no particular source.
The rest of the room is fairly sparse. Other than the chairs, there is no seating, and the front desk has definitely seen better days. Smashed and rusted computers lay strewn both on the desk, and behind it, on the floor, much more vibrant red splashes mar the logo of the hospital, which one can just barely make out between the smears.

Last Hope Hospital

There is a pervading stench of medicine here, disinfectant, and something a little on the sweet side. The air is thick with sound, dripping faucets, a broken A/C trying to kick on, and occasional bangs and creaks. There is a living woman in this room, sitting on one of the ruined benches against the wall, beside a sign that reads 'Maternity', smeared in reddish substance. The woman is dressed in a matronly outfit, and is looking at a baby-carriage she has with her, rocking it back and forth, humming something quietly under her breath. Her head is bowed over the carriage, long, scraggy black hair draped over the edges.

Against the wall by the entrance, there is a young man leaning, in a bright orange suit that says STAFF in bright white, impossible to miss in the gloom. He waves a lighted stick as people file past, enthusiastically telling them to "Be sure to say hi to Mother, for me!" before they're ushered into the house.
Old Posted 10-25-2016, 07:41 PM  
Level 100
Dragon put on her medical nurse costume. It was one that a professional might wear, not one of those cheap, slutty types often seen in the stores for Halloween. She examined herself in the mirror. Halloween was her favorite holiday and she took pride in having a good costume. Satisfied, she took a deep breathe and walked out the door.
Originally, she was supposed to meet some friends at a party nearby. Who could have predicted that her night would turn out quite differently. After driving for a few miles, she had to slam on her breaks. She shook her head and rubbed her eyes. She could have sworn there was someone just standing on the road. She looked left, then right. A short ways ahead, there was what appeared to be an old hospital. She took the narrow road that lead to the gate. Thinking that it might have been a patient she saw wandering across the road, she wanted to inform the staff of what she had seen.
Dragon walks into the reception area and notices how abandoned it looks. She notices the crate of wrist-bands near the door and takes one curiously. A crowd of people enter just seconds later. That is odd, she did not remember seeing any other cars or people walking towards the hospital...
Dragon jumps as the man in the orange suit that reads STAFF speaks up. When did he get there? Or had he always been, but she did not notice him?

<<Does that work?>>
Old Posted 10-25-2016, 11:25 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #3  
Dragoness129:

"Well? Are you going to stand there all day, or are you going to move it?" the blonde with the orange vest asked, giving a smirk. "The spirits aren't going to haunt themselves, yanno. It's Halloween! You're obviously here because you want to be, and I don't tolerate people holding up the line!" He motioned to the rest of the room. "There's lots of exploring to do. You're in the first wave, so you get first crack at this."

He leaned against the wall again, and winked at her, waving his lighted stick. "Seriously, though - don't forget to say hi to Mother. She's a bit cranky these days, with what happened to her, but she'll obviously want to talk to you. Maybe eat you, but that's only happened a VERY few times in the past... oh... twelve years or so? Plus..." he paused, looking her up and down. "You've got the look of the place. She'll probably think you're an orderly or something. But... that might not be the best thing. I guess you'll just have to find out?"

With a creepy grin, he pointed further into the house. "I'll make an announcement when we're opening the next room. For now, just... eheh... browse to your heart's content. My name's Steven, by the by. Holler if you need anything."
Old Posted 10-25-2016, 11:58 PM  
Level 100
Spirits? Must be some kind of haunted house event. Dragon thinks to herself. Not wanting to hold up the line, she moved forward towards the lady and the carriage.
A thousand thoughts kept going through her head. Did he just say she might want to eat me? I guess it is just a part of the event. There are no such things as real ghosts. Demons though, that's another story. Hmm, did he seem to stare a little long at some parts of my body? Or was that my mind playing tricks on me because of this place? Well it's whatever. Is that supposed to be blood on the Maternity sign? They did a good job of making it look real. Probably pig blood. Here's the lady. Is she "mother"? Better say hi anyways.
"Hello there, ma'am. How are you and your child today?"
Old Posted 10-26-2016, 12:28 AM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #5  
It took a moment to get the woman's attention, but when she looked up at Dragon, it was less of a greeting, and more of a prolonged shriek that emanated from her mouth. Her very... odd-shaped mouth. Her mouth that looked as though it was stitched with the skin itself. White, dead eyes stared back at Dragon as the screech turned to a low moaning wail, forming words eventually.

"Baby. They took him. They took my baby... they took my baby... they took my baby..."

She started to sob, hiding her creepy face in her hands for a moment, before going deathly-silent, and just pausing there. It was one, maybe two heartbeats later, before the woman instantly flew at Dragon, screaming at the top of her lungs, viciously screaming in Dragon's face.

"BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY WHERE'S MY BABY!!!"

Upon which, she quite quickly sank back into her position, content to rock the carriage back and forth - a carriage that Dragon could see was completely empty, although covered in splatters of reddish-brown liquid, dried to a crust in the blue-blanketed bassinet.
Old Posted 10-26-2016, 08:38 PM  
-
I love haunted houses! I went to one last year. I wasn't scared because I know the actors can't hurt me. Although this one time, I did get scraped up because this fellow was so scared that he knocked me into a chain link fence. Some people do leave the haunted houses like a bat out of hell. O.O
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 10:31 PM