Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Sweetie Boop Pirate
Default ME3 ( Warning Spoilers )   #1  
Warning~ If you have not played Mass Effect 3 yet and/or have not beaten it yet then you might not want to be here

I was finally able to play Mass Effect 3 after I got my computer back from the repair shop and I couldn't help but to stay up late and play it.

Now when I first started the game I was happily pleased to find that I could simply start a new game with my imported save game without having to go into the settings and physically telling the game to import the game like I had to do with Mass Effect 2. Though I wasn't happy that when I picked to import my character I had to re-customize the face because the face did not import for some reason.

On to the actual game play ~ The game play was simply ( for lack of a better term ) amazing. The weapon customization was fantastic yet I was a little disappointed with the lack of options in which I was able to up grade each weapon with and the fact that you are no longer able to carry a heavy weapon with you. The weapon selection was vast but I was often conflicted with what weapon load out I was going to use.

I was also less then pleased to find out that I didn't have the same crew from Mass Effect 2... Granted Garrus was still there and I was able to have Liara and Tali but I didn't have Grunt nor did I have Maranda, Samara, Jacob, ect. The old team was gone and in its place I was given a team of weaklings... None of the teammates I could choose from could survive long in a firefight and Garrus had seemed to lose his ability to shoot anything... This whole thing just kinda irritated me because of all the work I did in ME2 to make sure everyone survived in the end... Now you do get to meet up with your old teammates and some of them even decide to help you but not on board the Normandy.

Even with the issue with the teammates I still enjoyed playing the game and all the little side quests to increase my Effective Military Strength ( EMS ) ... Yet... The last 10 minutes of the game... It was just painful.

Now heres the question.

How did you feel about ME3 and will you play the trilogy again?
Join my Roleplay?
~> Espy Wants me for my Eye-patch <~
I am the Lascivious Knight
~Thank You Kaguya, Dawn, Nikko~

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Personally, I love the trilogy and am enjoying the third so far.

As for the endings, from what I have read and experienced so far, there is actually more than just those three choices. It all depends on a few key choices and how high your EMS really is. The perfect endings are only possible with an EMS of 5000+.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 03-21-2012, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #3  
Up until the last five minutes, I loved the game. I'm.. definitely not a fan of the ending but apparently they ARE planning to do something about it, and we'll hear more about that in April.

So.. really looking forward to April.

As for replaying the trilogy, HELL YES. The only reason I'm not replaying 1 right now (I only had one playthrough of each game, unfortunately :C) is because I'm lending it to my cousin next Sunday and I probably wouldn't have time to finish it before then.
Old Posted 03-21-2012, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Sweetie Boop Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Personally, I love the trilogy and am enjoying the third so far.

As for the endings, from what I have read and experienced so far, there is actually more than just those three choices. It all depends on a few key choices and how high your EMS really is. The perfect endings are only possible with an EMS of 5000+.
I've had an EMS of 6000 and when I decided to destroy the reapers I saw what might be shepard laying in some rubble kinda moving at the end of the scene.

And when I did the merging ending there was a scene with a man telling a young girl about shepard but thats it.

The endings were just bad... I don't want an ending depending on my EMS though to be honest.
Join my Roleplay?

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Sweetie Boop Pirate
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide Lollipop View Post
Up until the last five minutes, I loved the game. I'm.. definitely not a fan of the ending but apparently they ARE planning to do something about it, and we'll hear more about that in April.

So.. really looking forward to April.

As for replaying the trilogy, HELL YES. The only reason I'm not replaying 1 right now (I only had one playthrough of each game, unfortunately :C) is because I'm lending it to my cousin next Sunday and I probably wouldn't have time to finish it before then.
-reads the article-

I don't think they should add in new endings in my opinion. And I agree that the game was amazing but the endings were not ideal. I respect what the bioware team did with ME3 but again the endings were not ideal. Its something they will have to live with and so shall the fans. If they do change the endings then I feel like it would ruin the game.

Now if they added in some DLC where Shepard and whoever the romantic interest you have in game ended up having an offspring then I'd be happy as all hell with the endings o .o b
Join my Roleplay?

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 03:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Having the ending based on EMS could have made sense, but... not so much the way they did it. Like I don't know why the EMS would affect Shepard living, for instance.

I couldn't pick the Destroy ending though. I didn't want Legion to have died for nothing. ;-; And I really like the Geth and EDI, so..

A lot of people think the ending as it is ruined the game, though. I dunno if I agree but I can see why.. having the mass relays gone no matter what ending you pick just... really sucks.

Anyway I kinda get the impression that if they release anything related to changing the ending it'll be more of an explanation/giving closure than actually changing it.
Old Posted 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Default   #7  
Everything about Mass Effect 3 was great, except for the ending. One of the best games I've played. And a new ending could only make it better. Cause honestly, I haven't been fighting across the galaxy beating the odds in ME1 and 2 only to have everything come to a choice of green, blue, or red in all of which I die. (except for possibly the red ending)

To tell the truth, up until the ending I thought that Bioware was setting things up for an MMO. All the races were joining together more tightly and the genophage being cured made me think that, but the ending with all the mass relays being destroyed ruined that. Now everyone gets to die stranded on a mostly destroyed Earth.
Old Posted 04-02-2012, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Enchantress
I loved all 3 of the Mass Effect games number 2 being my Favourite!
3 was really fun :D
I have to say my favourite Squad mate had to be EDI.

you guys have a Favourite Squad mate if so reply to me and tell me who! :3
Old Posted 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #9  
I can't decide between Garrus, Wrex, Mordin and Legion. They're all awesome.

ME3 multi DLC comes out tomorrow! I'm staying up til Xbox Live updates with it. XD;
Old Posted 04-09-2012, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Enchantress
oooh and i loved Kaiden i romanced him :33
Old Posted 04-09-2012, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #11  
It was a good game, and my favorite squad mate was Ashley. She was similar in abilities to Shepard but complemented them with the few that were different.

Also, Bioware has announced DLC for extended but not different endings. Thus, the ultimate ending is the same, but it will be elaborated upon.

FYI, the Citadel is still in orbit above Earth, therefore if the Protheans were able to build a Mass Relay (The Conduit) it is possible for those left on Earth (not just Humans) to build more. Just a statement. Also, add in the remains of the destroyed Reapers.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

Well I avoided reading the first post. o uo
Anyways, I started playing Mass Effect recently. I beat the first game today, borrowing the second soon. I really like it. <3

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #13  
Alright, thought I might revive this a bit. Any thoughts on the extended endings DLC?
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 08-23-2012, 04:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

Beat Mass Effect 3 last week, cried my eyes out. Very good series, looking forward to future DLC for the game and BioWare said that they will be producing another game that takes place within the Mass Effect universe!

Anyways. Extended Cut, when I beat the game I had it. Though I looked up what the individual endings were without the Extended Cut and I was shocked by he numerous plot holes and the pathetic attempt that was called an ending. Feel bad for people who beat it, realized that was actually the ending then believed that was it.

I like the Synthesis Ending but... I think that I'll go with Destroy Ending next time. Damn Catalyst, tricking me. I know that you're a Reaper or a hallucination trying to convince me to spare the Reapers and kill myself. /suspicious of the little shit

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 09-27-2012, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #15  

So let's discuss the new outfits they just released that are 160 Microsoft Points or $1.99 for PSN. There is a new outfit for Commander Shepard, Garrus, Liara and EDI.

Does EDI look like a French maid to anyone else or is it just me?

I also want to let everyone know that Bioware is officially asking fans to decide if Mass Effect 4 will be a prequel or a sequel.

Old Posted 11-21-2012, 03:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Honestly, it would be fun for the next game to go either way. Could always do it as taking place during the same time frame with more of a focus on space combat.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 11-21-2012, 04:02 PM Reply With Quote