Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Unhappy Slender   #1  
This thread includes all the games made by Parsec Productions (makers of Slender: The Eight Pages), as well as all the spin-off games by another production called Slender Man's Shadow.

Has anyone played this game? It's based off of the Slender Man mythos that started circulating around the sites Something Awful and Creepypasta. Basically, Slender Man is an extremely tall and skinny with elongated arms and legs (hence the "slender") who wears a suit and tie. He has no facial features whatsoever (imagine a faceless Trisphee avatar with pure white skin), either. His mythos is that he abducts children in the woods and creates terrible static for electronic equipment when he's nearby. He's also known for having large tentacles that either come out of the sleeves of his suit shirt or out of someplace on his back. Slender Man doesn't typically move, though he has on some occasions; he often just stares at you from a distance until you notice him, in which case, most people leave or flee in terror... the sight of Slender Man also induces a psychotic breakdown if he's stared at long enough, and even if you've not fallen into some sort of catatonic state, he can cause schizophrenia and an extremely heavy case of paranoia.

Slender Man also has a huge following, including many YouTube series (such as Marble Hornets, EverymanHYBRID, and Tribe Twelve - a bunch of series that try to take themselves seriously in regards to actually encountering the Slender Man).

Anyway, that's just the general mythos regarding Slender Man. The game Slender: The Eight Pages is another thing.

Basically, you're a girl in the woods in the dead of night with nothing but a flashlight (that can die if left on long enough but can recharge when it's turned off). You need to find eight pages that are nailed onto landmarks around the area to "win." However, with every page you grab (starting on your first page), Slender Man begins to appear and chase after you... the difficulty in which he spawns near you increasing with how many pages you acquire. The Slender Man does NOT appear when you have no pages UNLESS you take a very long time to find your first page, in which case, it amps the difficulty up. It also amps the difficulty up whenever you take too long to find your next page.

Now, it's one thing to have the Slender Man after you, but it's another thing once you grab your first page and this fear-inducing tribal drum started to pound every 6 or so seconds... and on top of that, whenever you see him from a distance, a faint static starts to build up the longer you stare at him. Also, depending on how close he is to you (if he's only a few feet away from you when you turn around), a cacophonous chord of piano notes slams and typically startles the fuck out of you.

You are heavily encouraged to shut off your flashlight and sprint far away from the Slender Man to escape him... it's also highly advised to never really look behind you in fear of him being right on top of you.

Maybe I've explained too much, but personally, I am in love with this game. It's terrifying and fun for me, personally, and it always gets my heart pumping. The atmosphere is amazing, and just... oh, my God.

There are also many other spin-offs of the game by the production called Slender Man's Shadow. The game is very similar to Slender, only the graphics are a little different, and the game comes out with a TON of new maps as opposed to just the wooded areas. Some areas include a mansion, an abandoned hospital, a school, an insane asylum, a maze, and a deserted urban city.

Here's a gameplay video of the actual Slender game... it's pretty long, but it gives off a pretty nice demonstration of the gameplay, and the guy's reactions are pretty fucking priceless, in my opinion. (I love storpey).
Slender Gameplay Link

Also, if you want to download the game for yourself, you can download it here - it's free and a pretty small size. It's definitely a perfect game for someone who loves to get scared and startled. Best (or worst) played alone in the dark with headphones.
Slender Download Link

Also also, here is the site link to the games and maps made by Slender Man's Shadow.
Slender Man's Shadow Download Link

Sorry for the extremely long post... but yeah, has anyone heard of this game, or is anyone interested in it after reading this? Any personal opinions on the gameplay video if you haven't played it yet (and if you're willing to sit through a 21 minute video, or at least skim through it)?
Old Posted 11-10-2012, 04:33 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
This game is so amazing~ <3
I remember you heard my reaction to it, before xD
Quest_for_Tea_Time_Set
[18,000/35,250]
Old Posted 11-10-2012, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
King Tonberry
Default   #3  
Can you remind everyone that his name is Slender Man and not Slender?
Old Posted 11-10-2012, 06:33 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
Can you remind everyone that his name is Slender Man and not Slender?
The game is called Slender.
http://www.parsecproductions.net/slender/
Quest_for_Tea_Time_Set
[18,000/35,250]
Old Posted 11-10-2012, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
Default   #5  
you would like this video...
its 11 drunk guys playing slender... 2 parts to it

part 1
Old Posted 11-10-2012, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
King Tonberry
Yes, I know the game is called slender, but I hear all the time, hipsters calling the guy Slender. . . his name is not Slender it's Slender MAN
Old Posted 11-10-2012, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Default   #7  
LOL, that 11 Drunk Guys thing was pretty funny in most parts. I watched both parts, too. I'll have to watch them play Sanatorium and Hospice, too.

And yeah, people who call him Slender... it's like, stfu. I think "Slendy" is an all right alternative, though, but yeah, his name is damn Slender Man (and no, not Slenderman). Get it right, you dirty whores.
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
i find it funny bc they start freaking out about a chair...
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 03:23 AM Reply With Quote  
King Tonberry
Default   #9  
Here's a list of acceptable terms for the Slender Man:

Slender Man
Slendy
Mr. Slim (Tribe Twelve term)
Tall, Thin, and Faceless
Der Ritter
Der Großman
Him (as though refering to God)
and on some occasion, Slendy Man...
------
Not acceptable
Everything else, especially Slender and the $20 guy......

Love,
a real Slendy Man fan <3
Last edited by Merlin; 11-11-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 07:44 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
Here's a list of acceptable terms for the Slender Man:

Slender Man
Slendy
Mr. Slim (Tribe Twelve term)
Tall, Thin, and Faceless
Der Ritter
Der Großman
Him (as though refering to God)
and on some occasion, Slendy Man...
------
Not acceptable
Everything else, especially Slender and the $20 guy......

Love,
a real Slendy Man fan <3
Slender Man is so amazing ;~;
Ask Vader, I went through like, a 4 month phase of loving nothing but Slender Man xD
It only took me about a week to watch every single video of Marble Hornets and EverymanHYBRID, along with reading every Creepypasta that has anything to do with him xD

~Edit: Ooh, and Tribe Twelve, too xD
Quest_for_Tea_Time_Set
[18,000/35,250]
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 08:52 AM Reply With Quote  
King Tonberry
Default   #11  
Kekekeke. I'm still watching them all. There's another one that goes by the name of DarkHarvest00 that Tribe Twelve integrated, but not really. . . Still, I am glad that I found someone who shares my love of the Slender Man mythos that I probably haven't seen online other than Trisphee. I'm still going through my creepypasta thing ^^; As you can tell by the stories and the CreepyVA channel. XD I'm hoping to get a Slendy reading out sometime in the future.
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 10:02 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Yeah, I know about DarkHarvest00.
There are a lot more of them, such as CaughtNotSleeping xD
And yeah I know~ Vader loves Slender Man, too. Not as much as me though.
And thats cool xD
You know what they should do? They should come out with the Slender game for Xbox 360. All it really is is search for shit and run, it couldnt be hard to make xD
Quest_for_Tea_Time_Set
[18,000/35,250]
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 10:21 AM Reply With Quote  
King Tonberry
Default   #13  
Wrong! Because the only difference between it and Slender is a console vs. computer. If I were to develop a Slender Man game, it would contain more of a story, better models than what Slender has, and the most mentally traumatizing death in video-game history that proceeds hours of wishing he would already kill you. . . This game in my head will be banned in Australia, and would probably top Manhunt, but it'd be worth the mental anguish and banned sales...
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM Reply With Quote  
King Tonberry
I really wish I was a game director or producer. I have a great Slender Man game idea. It does seem like it ultimately follow Slender's formula, but the way I want it to be is a better story with HD graphics and beautiful scenery and effects, and the most traumatic death in game history...
Old Posted 11-12-2012, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #15  

I watch a ton of Youtube videos on this game >w< its so fun watching others play it and freak hehe. I tried it but it didn't overly impress me =/ Maybe I was expecting more. It's fun the first few times around though.

Old Posted 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
Totally watching those videos and LOVING them!!! I'm actually thinking of watching more of his videos cause he's HILARIOUS!!!

Sign My Siggy!!!...I Dare You!...PS...Luffles to all who do!!!

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
-this is my signature- <3 Lacry
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 11-12-2012, 07:59 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
creepypasta, download, slender, slender man, storpey