Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
View Poll Results: What sort of pagan are you?
Wiccan. 7 10.94%
Druid. 2 3.13%
Shaman. 0 0%
Eclectic. 6 9.38%
Fluffy bunny. 3 4.69%
I'm not, I'm just popping in :) 21 32.81%
I'm still learning. 10 15.63%
I don't know. 5 7.81%
I'd rather not say. 1 1.56%
other (please post) 9 14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #3105  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I haven’t got anything particular planned, but I’m considering using that body paint I acquired some time ago to make a robot arm… I’d have to get some make-up sponges though.

Hey, Wolf.
That sounds like it'll be tricky. I hope you have fun with it.
Old Posted 10-24-2022, 07:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Hey Werewolf!

So we've moved to our new house back on Friday, and now I have a house of boxes that I need to unbox. We did manage to get some candy, and I have some other little things, Witches fingers, googly eyeball rings, and spider rings. the easiest thing to do is just sit on our front porch and see who all comes by. If we keep opening and closing the doors, the cats that like to go outside will most certainly want to do that. This way is better crowd control XD

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-24-2022, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #3107  
Trystan, Congrats on finally moving! Sounds like everything went as well as it could have so, happy to hear that for you. Moving in general jus sucks/is a lot of work but can still be exciting. Hubs and I moved into our place about 2 years ago and we still have boxes in the garage and basement that haven't been touched other than moved around to get out of the way lol.

Espy, niiice! Sounds like it should be a pretty interesting class. What are you going to school for, if I may ask? Also, if you do make your robot arm, pictures? lol. I admire anyone that can do any kind of make up. I suck it as so much. I can barely just do everyday make up, though I don't often wear any anyway.

Jester, yeah, I think it'll slow down here for the next couple months. Which is will be very welcome. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. If you get to feeling better and work and decide to dress up, what would you dress up as?

Nephila, we've been so busy as of late that honestly, probably nothing unless we have my step-daughter, then we'll take her trick-or-treating. My daughter is scheduled to be with her father that night so I know I wont have her but I'm unsure currently of the step kiddos schedule. I'd like to have dressed up for work but I just dropped a crap ton of money on my daughters b-day and then anniversary presents so buying something I'm only going to wear one a day a year is not really a priority right now.

Typically, I prefer to celebrate the sabbats on or closer to astrological dates but with Samhain this year I'll be out of town on a business trip. So, thinking I might actually do my celebrations this weekend or sometime next week.

WerewolfNight, Well hello there and welcome! How are you?
Old Posted 10-26-2022, 09:59 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Understandable.

I'm supposed to vote today, but I have no idea on who. I'd probably be better off not doing it.
Old Posted 10-26-2022, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3109  
Dalhanahue - it wasn't without hiccups at the last minute though!

so there's a kid who lives in the house across the street from us, so they'll be some kids. there's also a playground behind our house. so it sounds like my plan from the post above seems to be a good one. :D

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-26-2022, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nephila8 View Post
That sounds like it'll be tricky. I hope you have fun with it.
I've had a bit of practice, though only on my hand, not the entire arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalhanahue View Post
Espy, niiice! Sounds like it should be a pretty interesting class. What are you going to school for, if I may ask? Also, if you do make your robot arm, pictures? lol. I admire anyone that can do any kind of make up. I suck it as so much. I can barely just do everyday make up, though I don't often wear any anyway.
Amusingly, robotics. Hopefully finally graduating next semester. I've been an undergrad for way, way too long.

I don't use makeup either, so this was... kind of an experience. Basically just a test run back when I first got these paints. Base coat is black, then I layered the silver over it. I think I, uh... may have used sharpie for the lines and highlights... I didn't seal it with hairspray and baby powder, nor did I have the right sponge at all, so you can see some of it didn't take well.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-27-2022, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #3111  
Nephila, I'm so bad about keeping up with politics and even just like regional things. There are a couple issues I know coming up soon, I want to vote for or against but still need to do more research in general.

Trystan, Well, I think that's just kind of generally how things go in life lol at least for me, always some hiccup or something to have to adapt too. Sounds like it wasn't anything that lead to a major delay though. Hopefully you can get all settled in in no time and it start to feel like home.

That sounds like a good plan. We live out of town and don't really get any trick-or-treaters which is fine because the kids have always wanted to go out anyway. Last year we took both of the girls and our doggos that we even dressed up. There are a couple richer subdivisions not too far away from the edge of town that always give out the best candy so we tend to stick to like 3 or 4 that we'll cycle through ever year depending on the weather and how long the childrens actually want to stay out and walk around.

Definitely sounds like there are some kiddos around you though so yeah, sounds like a good plan. Especially for the safety of the kitties. Don't want them escaping. If we did get a lot of visitors our dogs would go crazy all night lol. I just have it permanently set up on DoorDash with a message for the delivery person that reads, "Please leave at door and do not knock or ring bell. Our dogs are jerks and go insane. Thank you!" They just get so excited. Kitty cats though, they are sneak masters and slinky. Can be hard to wrangle inside if the door is being constantly opened all night long.

Espy, okay first, your avy is phenomenal! Haha, fantastic. Makes sense you'd want to robofy your arm then. And awesome, I mean sometime things take longer than we'd expect but sounds like you're almost there right? Do you have any specific type of area or jobs your looking at or hoping for when you graduate?

Oh wow, that's really good though for just a practice run/experimenting with it. Hopefully you'll get to play around with the arm soon.
Old Posted 10-27-2022, 09:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Dalhanahue - well, if i believe the words i read, there could have been a delay, or the buyer really could have walked away. they said we were hiding some floor damage that wasn't on the seller's disclosure, and we covered it up with the crates we had for the cats. when the buyer had come to see the house, we didn't even have the crates in the first place! and then when we needed some work done so the buyer could buy the house - it was our BUYER who came to the house to do the work, and he had every opportunity to see the water damage. AND we'd asked the realtor if we needed to put the water damage on the seller's disclosure, and he said 'nah, it's fine.'
...guess it wasn't and they wanted money for repairs or they threatened to walk. hubby said that could have been a bluff, but we weren't going to take that chance. fortunately, it was able to come off the price at settlement, so it worked out in the end.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-27-2022, 12:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3113  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalhanahue View Post
Espy, okay first, your avy is phenomenal! Haha, fantastic. Makes sense you'd want to robofy your arm then. And awesome, I mean sometime things take longer than we'd expect but sounds like you're almost there right? Do you have any specific type of area or jobs your looking at or hoping for when you graduate?

Oh wow, that's really good though for just a practice run/experimenting with it. Hopefully you'll get to play around with the arm soon.
Yeah, almost there. Mixed bag of feelings about it tbh. Probably looking for something based in mechanical or robotics engineering, or semiconductors. Lots of defense companies looking for robotics/mechanical these days, but honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

And thanks!
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-27-2022, 01:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Trystan, Ugh. People. It sounds like they had plenty of time to notice the water damage and just wanted to play hard ball. I don't blame you for not arguing about it, I mean at that point it was pretty much a done deal and they decided then to say something? Sounds like they knew they'd get a little bit knocked off price wise. I'm glad it worked out still but that is frustrating, especially so close to closing threatening to walk away.

When I first really started looking it buying a home, and then after speaking to someone who has sold a couple homes I started to realize why generally houses are listed for more than what actual target prices or price that's really needed is. There are so many things that can come back and knock the price down after inspections and what not. Especially depending on the inspection itself and what kind of loan it's going to be. I know USDA loans inspections are really particular about a lot of things. And it's good for the buyer but at the same time some older houses can get hit with very minor things that would disqualify them for that kind of loan.

Espy, that's understandable. I think most major life changes bring conflicting emotions from my experience. I could see that, defense companies hiring for that kind of work. I imagine some of them would be military or government contracting jobs? I imagine the pay might would be fairly decent but ugh, politics and bureaucratic/government bs would be a huge turn off to me. Though, I think in general you're in a field that's only going to to continue to grow and have a demand so there's some job security with that, just a matter of finding the right job. Which isn't always an easy task in todays job market but with it being a skilled and specialized trade hopefully the right position comes along and you can get settled in for a promising and secure career.
Old Posted 10-28-2022, 10:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3115  
Dalhanahue, yeah, it pretty much was a done deal - this was 11 a.m. on the day of closing, which was 2 hours later! and they were already getting a $15,000 seller's assist, which means that amount just comes off the price at the top. *sigh*

and our buyer had a VA loan, so he really couldn't buy the house for more than what it was appraised for.... and the appraisal came under what we all were thinking.... but that was probably because the kitchen and bathrooms hadn't been updated. oops. VA and FHA loans seem to be more stringent than conventional mortgages as well. AND my township we moved from was just.... extremely picky, with the U&O certifications and all. wow.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-28-2022, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
~Trystan That's good that you were able to move. Good you could have some stuff to celebrate the holiday.

Dalhanahue That's good that you have some time to relax a bit. I'm probably not. I was just getting better when it came back again. I was going to be Webber from Don't Starve. I was going to go with something else but because I had to put what I was working on on hold because I've been sick.~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 10-30-2022, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3117  
thanks Jester!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-30-2022, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Anyone got any special Samhain/Halloween plans?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-31-2022, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3119  
i sat on my porch and gave out some candy tonight. now I'm catching up on some tv shows that i missed the last few weeks.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-31-2022, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Espy, both kiddos wound up going with friends to do their own thing this year so, did nothing for Halloween.

I do have a little thing I want to do for Samhain but not sure what night I'll do it. I like to usually attempt to do something close to the astrological date but I'll be out of town this year so, my usually go to time frame if I can't make that date is just between Halloween and the astrological date of Samhain, which this year is Nov 7th. I'll see how my week goes when I can make time.
Old Posted 11-01-2022, 10:51 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
batty, chat, cheese, hangout, pagan, relax, religion, witchy woo! <3