Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
View Poll Results: What sort of pagan are you?
Wiccan. 7 10.94%
Druid. 2 3.13%
Shaman. 0 0%
Eclectic. 6 9.38%
Fluffy bunny. 3 4.69%
I'm not, I'm just popping in :) 21 32.81%
I'm still learning. 10 15.63%
I don't know. 5 7.81%
I'd rather not say. 1 1.56%
other (please post) 9 14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Blue Fish
Default   #2961  
*Pulls this thread out of the dusty broom closet*

Hello there! I saw this and one other thread related to paganism and it looks like once upon time this thread WAS pretty active as there are quite a few pages so I thought I'd post here first and see what happens. If anyone around is still interested in discussing such things or just hanging out with a fellow pagan and witch.

I knew at a young age that your more traditional or more traditional for my area, type of religions did not suit me and started to figure out what did around 12 or 13 and with finding paganism also started practicing and have been ever since. Now, life has been a little crazy over the last few years so I don't celebrate as I used to but I still appreciate every day magic and worship in my own small but heartfelt ways.

While I hate labels I suppose the best way to categorize myself would be to say in general that I am eclectic in both traditions and practices with a lot of Celtic and specifically Irish flare.
Old Posted 08-23-2022, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
hello there!
i'm still here, lurking, as i do all over Trisphee. i think I'm one of the few who have post notifications emailed to me. honestly if i didn't, i'd end up forgetting about where all I've posted.

I'm still an eclectic pagan UU, but i haven't been to my UU fellowship since the summer of 2020. and there's a group that i'd meet with for Full Moon circles, and i haven't been with that group since last year sometime.

while i don't celebrate as often as i used to as well, i have reminders and little things with me every day, including some of my daily jewelry that i wear.

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-23-2022, 04:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #2963  
Oh that's cool, I didn't know you could set up email notifications. I'll have to play around with features a bit more. That could be handy.

Did covid kind of put a damper on your meetings or just life in general if you don't mind me asking?

Same, and I totally get it. I used to go all out for most of the sabbats but now it's usually just very small subtle things like making a particular celebratory meal and then having some time to myself to reflect on the meaning of the day and ect.

I always have appreciated the small things but especially as the years go on it is in fact those small gestures, experiences, and trinkets that really give me fulfillment on a spiritual level. I only actually do maybe a handful of actual workings a year. I haven't cast circle in I can't remember how long but, to be honest, that was never a huge part of my practice at anyrate. At least not a highly ceremonial one.

More so it's just grounding, mediation and/or visualization, carrying around and holding corresponding stones or herbs as needed and things of the like. I did finally get around to setting up an official altar in the bedroom which is nice.

Eventually though, I do want to get more into working with herbs and just green and kitchen witchery. We moved into a house a couple years ago and we've so much land now. We planted an orchard and I did so some spellwork for that and we've also plans for gardening it's just finding the time to actually do all the things.

I've always fancied and done a little bit of such things but I mean I really want to dive in as a sort of specialty if you will, in more detail then knowing just a bit more than the basics. Which requires time for studying and experimenting. I want to fill books with my own recipes for herbal remedies and just general cooking magic and as well as my own tips and experiences with growing and harvesting. I suspect it will be a slow process though. Work and life has just been too crazy the last few years. Ah well, it's my goal and something to look forward too.

What type of jewelry do you have that you treasure, again if you don't mind sharing?

I see so many pretties that I like and admire but if I'm honest with myself I know I don't need to spend money on anything b/c I rarely wear jewelry lol. I do too though have a few pieces I will wear that are touchstone pieces so to speak and when I need a certain energy or want to celebrate.
Old Posted 08-24-2022, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
so at the bottom of the threads, you can subscribe to them, and there's options of how often you want notifications, ranging from "none" to "instant" and i have instant picked for all of 'em. :D

well, i kinda got lazy with zoom services, and then i changed my sunday availability at my weekend retail job, so instead of closing with a manager no one really likes, i now open at 10 a.m., and haven't been home for zoom services sunday mornings. they're starting back next month with hybrid services, and i might be able to go to one.... if i'm up in time, AND i'm still in the area. we're in the midst of moving across the state next month sometime.

the group i meet with for the full moon circles is about 30 minutes away, but we meet at night, and i'm at the point where i don't like going out at night if i'm driving. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalhanahue View Post
More so it's just grounding, mediation and/or visualization, carrying around and holding corresponding stones or herbs as needed and things of the like. I did finally get around to setting up an official altar in the bedroom which is nice.
also me. i have a little pouch i carry in my bag that has two marbles that remind me of Earth/Water and Air/Fire, and i carry a few raven items, and a stone from the Egregore from the full moon group. i really ought to go to the full moon circle in september if i'm still in the area, just for closure and such. i've always been drawn to ravens, but haven't really done much research into them or why i'm drawn to them. i just like 'em. :D

my daily jewelry is a pentagram ring, a ring with spirals around it, and a silver band that says "Harm None" (which is fading) on it. (i also wear a ring based on a ring from a tv character, and my two wedding bands, one a gold ring and the other a gold Claddagh ring)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-24-2022, 11:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!
Default   #2965  
Hello just stopping by to peek in

Nikko's Cosplay's,Nikko's Cosplay Cafe, Dapper Dreams Joint Venture
Cosplaying: N/A
Reyo is my Tropical Mistress ~ <3, Lucid is DELISH and the best nana ever!
Is known as Black Japan - Hetalia

Nikko is a beautiful prince.
Old Posted 08-24-2022, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
hullo Nikko!
feel free to chat, too. :D

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-24-2022, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #2967  
Might as well poke my head in.

I haven't really got very situated on this site yet. I've posted a few places but nothing special.

Might post more after my shower/ before my doctors appointment later on..
Old Posted 08-25-2022, 10:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
hey there, Nephila!
come back and post when you can. :D

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-25-2022, 10:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #2969  
Trystan, Oh wow. That option was like right there in front me lol! Thanks for the info though and pointing that out.

I can relate to not wanting to go out driving at night. I really probably need to get my eyes checked but I'm instead just stubborn and avoid driving at night haha. I can if I have to, I just really don't like to. I feel like my depth perception isn't as good and things just aren't as clear.

I've always admired ravens for various reasons. They are highly intelligent, beautiful and even funny to observe at times. Most birds in general I feel represent some sort of message or omen often times of transition or hope from what I've read amongst various sources. Ravens and crows though, there's a lot of different lore out there depending on what culture and ect. your looking into.

My most common association with them is related to the Morrigan. Though, I've tried to distance myself from that connotation over the years as I acknowledge the Morrigan and she is in the pantheon of deities I pay homage to but I've no desire or need to work with her directly. Our energies don't mesh well. I'd have to have dire need to ever call on her. I had a couple encounters with her in the past, she was even my teacher's patron deity for a long while. Needless to say it's one of those things were we'll both acknowledge one another but then go about our separate ways.

It's been a little easier though over the last decade I'd say to look a a crow or raven and not think of her. Instead I focus on the more mystic and even playful side of them as opposed to shadow, death, and war.

Those all sound like lovely pieces! And YAS Supernatural! lol I've yet to finish all the seasons. It's one of those shows that I really did like but for some reason between life and whatever it got put on the back burner and I haven't dove back in yet. Need and want to though.

Hello there Nikko and Nephila! How are you doing today?
Old Posted 08-25-2022, 11:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Dalhanahue - yep, sometimes things are right in front of us. and some of the time i'm good at overlooking it! XD

i'm just passing familiar with the Morrigan, in that she's a warrior, and i'm more of a wimp XD but ravens are mischievous as well, and that i can relate to.

yaay Supernatural! i've watched it all, as it aired (well, except for the very beginning, but i caught up quickly, riding along in the Impala right there with them. it's one of my top favorite shows (the others are Forever Knight, First Wave, Farscape, Firefly, and Babylon 5)... keeping in mind that i enjoy everything i watch, which makes everything else i've watched #2 on my list. and i'm the same way with books and authors too!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-25-2022, 11:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #2971  
How's everyone's day going?

Trystan: That is true, they do have a very enduring mischievous nature to them.

It is really good and hubs has said that we're we left off it watching it, it starts to get even better. Honestly though, it's been a while so I feel like I might need a refresher when we start watching it again. Maybe just rewatch a handful of the last episodes where we stopped to remember a little better.
Old Posted 08-26-2022, 09:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalhanahue View Post
Maybe just rewatch a handful of the last episodes where we stopped to remember a little better.
sounds like a plan!
feel free to message me if you want to talk about the episodes! :D

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-26-2022, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #2973  
*wanders back through* Could also be Odin poking at you, with the raven affinity... He and a few of the other Aesir and Vanir like to nudge at me from time to time, though I think the Allfather and I have finally reached an understanding that I'm not the sort of warrior one will find on an active battlefield, but I am absolutely one to fight when the need arises. Lady Freyja tends to visit more often, though Loki also is a frequent visitor. They are why I have their bindrune and a full moon tattooed on my middle finger, because, and I quote "It would be fucking hilarious". and honestly, they're not wrong. Invoking the Trickster and mooning someone by flipping them off.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-27-2022, 09:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
or, y'know,

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-27-2022, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #2975  
I mean, that also happens...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-28-2022, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
i do giggle every time i see that picture though XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!