Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default Salone's Amazing Blowout Extravaganza Buffet of Runes for various things!   #1  
I've got runes, you want runes, let's make some fun of it. This is how things are going to go:

RULES:

I'll request something. Anything! It might be trivia. It might be an open ended question. I might ask for a drawing/doodle. Not a good one mind you, but the first one posted. It can be an awful drawing. Seriously, terrible. It's okay. To the first person who answers or does a thing, they'll get 30 Runes. That's right. A big three-oh. That's enough to buy a thing.

For sake of remembering things, I may or may not write down who all has won at something and give them a 1(ish) Day Prize Cooldown Period to give people a fair shot. Doesn't have to be a full 24 hours but you know near there. Or not. Maybe just a few hours. Who knows? I'm terrible at organization. Hell I may just give out some random runes to someone if I think they're becoming plucky underdog material. Everyone loves a plucky underdog.

Anyway, rules are boring, rules are only made so you think about them before you break them, let's begin!

CURRENT REQUEST:

Charity is currently offline until I restock on things! Keep checking back!
Last edited by Salone; 11-23-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old Posted 08-05-2015, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
For my first request, we'll do a bit of trivia. Knowledge is good, you might learn something in the process and get some runes out of it! First person to quote this post and answer it correctly gets 30 Runes! Heeeeere we go!

In Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, what is the name of the pill issued to the populace to subdue feelings of depression or worry? First correct answer with this post quoted earns 30 Runes!
Old Posted 08-05-2015, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
Soma. Least, that's what I think it was. Not checking the internet; that would hurt my ego.

...BNW's one of my favorite books, even though I've only read it once.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Soma. Least, that's what I think it was. Not checking the internet; that would hurt my ego.

...BNW's one of my favorite books, even though I've only read it once.
Winner! Runes to you!
Old Posted 08-06-2015, 01:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
Thanks Salone :P

....I still need to get enough gold on GW to pay you for HoT, huh.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
-pops in- YA-HALLOOOOO! OuO DK is here to have funs!

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 08:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #7  
Okay, next thing! Sorry it took so long, just blew in from work. Speaking of work, I had to stop on the road to let a family of raccoons pass. It was adorable. The first person to post a drawn/sketched/doodled/MS Painted/various other versions of a creature that is discernibly raccoon shaped that is not stolen will receive 30 Runes! It doesn't have to be the prettiest raccoon, just the first. Onward!
Old Posted 08-06-2015, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja

ouo dk has this one in the bag! Dk has been working on this little Tanuki (Raccoon Dog) for a few months now! the colored version isn't finished so I'm just posting the outline for it o3o

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 07:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post

ouo dk has this one in the bag! Dk has been working on this little Tanuki (Raccoon Dog) for a few months now! the colored version isn't finished so I'm just posting the outline for it o3o
DK Wins! 30 Runes for Raccoons! I mean tanuki is a stretch but let's be honest they're just raccoons with some hilarious exaggerated proportions. Prepare to be richer!
Old Posted 08-06-2015, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Tanuki translation is Raccoon Dog a type of Raccoon! ouo so not a stretch at all! 8D at least no where as stretchy as their balls o3o

the japanese mythology makes them have those weird proportions =p the whole large ball sack thing comes from when they used the skin of the tanuki scrotum to make wallets. Gotta stretch the wallet out or something like that.. so there for tanuki have stretchy balls xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #11  
Noted! Hrm. Let's see here...I think something a bit harder shall be in order.

During WW2, The Soviet Air Force possessed a fighter plane in the later years known as the Yakovlev/Yak-3. It was such a superior low altitude fighter that Axis pilots were instructed to not engage them below a certain flight ceiling. What altitude was the flight ceiling?
Old Posted 08-06-2015, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
i was bad at history, that and i just won so i have to wait a day so .. ESPY OR SOMEONE SMARTER THAN DK CAN HAVE THIS ONE! xD -runs away-

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
i was bad at history, that and i just won so i have to wait a day so .. ESPY OR SOMEONE SMARTER THAN DK CAN HAVE THIS ONE! xD -runs away-
The internet is your friend!
Old Posted 08-06-2015, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
o3o dk is too lazy to do that. -rolls around- sides i just won so i'll wait. ^-^ I like the whole thing you have up where we should wait a day till we can win again. makes it fair for others. especially with the site so slow <3

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
Its flight ceiling was 35k feet, but...I'm not sure if that's the answer.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-06-2015, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Its flight ceiling was 35k feet, but...I'm not sure if that's the answer.
Incorrect, but feel free to try again! That is its operational flight ceiling, but Axis powers designated a low altitude flight ceiling that pilots were not to engage them at.
Old Posted 08-06-2015, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote