Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Smile Stereotypes   #1  
You know you are Cambodian when you...

1. Own or know someone that work at a donut shop.

2. You hate donut and sometime you can't stand looking at it.

3. You are the black of the asians.

4. Ghetto, Violent, and Loud.

5. Love to talk shit about your own family, friends, and everything and you are really good at it.

6. You always ask and talk about someone weight when they visit you or when you visit them.

7. You own pile of DVD in your living room and they are about to collapse on you. You really love Karaoke!

8. Plan a b-day party for your kids just so you can invite your friends to your house and get crazy and get drunk.

9. You eat rice with anything you see.

10. You have tons of aunts and uncles.

11. You have relatives in California.

12. When your parents lecture you about anything for hours, but its seems like days.
When you get good grades your parents don't give you anything but saying "good"

13. Your parents would tell you that you are lucky because you are not in cambodia because they walked from here to there.

14. No matter if you are khmer...peeps still think you are chinese.

15. Every khmer friend you have...you at least call one of them your cousin because you known them for along time. besides peeps say you guys look like brothers and sisters.

16. Your have pictures of your past and present everywhere.

17. You're darker than all your other Asian friends.

18. You kick it with black people and other people think you're black too.

19. You hate it when people think Cambodians are the dirtiest Asians.

20.You are tired of Cambodian stereotypes, so you say that you are"Kampuchean" instead

21. You have been mistaken for being Laos.

22. You want other Asians to stop meddling in your country.

There are actually more...this are only some I can come up with. Just something to entertain you guys, nothing special.

Feel free to talk about any kind of stereotype in this thread.
Last edited by Lucid; 01-27-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Merged multiple similar threads into one
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
I have never heard a single Cambodian stereotype before.

I didn't even know they had them.

Kind of remarkable. Especially since I'm pretty sure I've met a few Cambodians. I don't know for certain, though; I don't really ask people where they're from very often.

Also, some of these are pretty universal traits. Except for the apparent hatred of doughnuts, which I can't quite wrap my head around.

Old Posted 01-26-2011, 01:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Default Canadian stereotypes   #3  

Hello everyone!

As alot of you may know already pinkies from canada. And growing up talking with a different aray of people I have come across alot of stereotypes about canadains...the funniest one I think is this guy asked me if we all lived in igloos...

I just want to know what kind of stereotypes have you heard of or think about when canada is the subject.

Also if you have never seen or herd of this check this song out
"Oh canada" By classified.
Also this one "proud to be canadian" by the arrogant worms

And just a little humar because pinkies a good sport.

How did canada get its name?
By drawing letters from a hat!
C..eh..n..eh..d..eh lol!

~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Last edited by Pinkie; 01-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
I heard some stereotypes...like.. canadians always end phrases with 'eh' or they all have once lived in farms. And that there's no chance for them to get a tan.

No worries, I don't easily believe in stereotypes.
I actually love canadians. <3

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #5  
Most of what I've learned about Canada actually came from the Kathy Reichs murder novels about Temperance Brennan. I haven't heard many stereotypes... mostly because I think I live too far south for most of the Mason Dixon Line to get much more than strange info about the Yankees. *grins* Personally, I don't know how they don't eat black-eyed peas. Apparently it's cattle food.
I am a female. Therefore please use 'she'.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff

lol thats funny! Alot of people do talk and say eh at the end of each sentance but not all. Also we get tans its just in some places its hard because of our short summers...

Shin: lol well it is mainly used for feed I think but last time I checked I knew some people that ate it

Last edited by Pinkie; 01-26-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #7  
*looks at Pink strangely* You're Yankees that speak French and English and live further north than the Yanks do.

I forget where you put your pin on the map, but have you been to Montreal? That's where Tempe Brennan works in the novels.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff

Nope not yet but thats where im headen this summer lol

And thank you but we are not yanks. We have one of the best education systems and speak proper english...well most of us lol. Not to mention health care lol yay for that

And what do you mean by putting the pin on the map? Care to explaine please?

Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #9  
That's pretty cool.

*grins* I know that. I was just funning you a bit. I know about the health and education systems, too. I wish we had that here in America, but unfortunately a lot of stuff has to change in order for it to be implemented and there's too much division and issues in Congress to have that sort of thing passed through any time soon.

On another note... Seeing the Canadian and Cambodian stereotype threads makes me want to make my own Texan stereotype thread. XD

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff

I know lol just making points thats all

Yes but they can pass a bill ligalizing medical weed in calaforna...dont you think health care should be first? And if its Obama's goal why is he not working towards it? Makes you think eh...

Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #11  
*snorts* Yeah. He's working towards it. However, Congress is so frackin' divided that there'll be no progress anytime soon. Granted, maybe Gabrielle Giffords being shot might help push things in a better direction. But then again, what kind of shit price is that to pay? It's not fair to her, her husband, or her family.

I have noticed, though, that Obama has grayed so much since taking office. He looks so different, and it's only been a little over two years.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff

Well just hink about how much responsibility he has...running a whole country...like damn. If you did not get some grey hairs from that your not human lol.

And your right...it was a shame that she got shot along with others. But it might just be the push america needs to go through with some things...

Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Default   #13  

Why she got shot anyway? D:

Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Yes, I am copying the idea of other threads, but... *shrugs* What Texan stereotypes have you come across? For that matter, what Redneck stereotypes have you heard? Some kinda go hand-in-hand. *grins*

Here's what Mr. Foxworthy says about Texas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Foxworthy

1. If someone in a Lowe's (or Home Depot) store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Texas.

2. If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Texas.

3. If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Texas

4. If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend, you may live in Texas.

5. If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas.

6. If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Texas.

7. If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Texas.

8. If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Texas.

9. If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody s passing you, you may live in Texas.

10. If you find 60 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Texas.
I'll be honest and tell you I've hit... eight of them. I have been on both sides of most, except for the deer one and the security light one (as I do not own my own house).

Tell me some more that you've heard!

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #15  
I feel sorry for him. Granted, he chose the position, but he has the weight of the entire nation on his shoulders. It's a good thing Michelle is there to help keep him steady. But the memory of those that died during Tuscon and the others that were injured should help Obama push the nation in the direction it needs to go.

Side note: I did just post a Texan Stereotype thread. XD

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff

Logan: Hey! =huggles= And I dont know...I just saw on the news that she was shot...her and like 5 others...

Shen: Isent that the truth but only time will tell I suppose

Neat!

Old Posted 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote