Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

writing machine in bad repair
Default   #33  
Uhhh, yeah, Bookworm, I kinda made the Doctor Who fan thread here, and I just listed off some previous Doctors by their number and the actor who played them. Suffice to say I know the Doctor's story.

The point is, the Daleks as creatures are not frightening. In their first appearance, they were defeated by magnets. Regardless of what they'd done, they still look like tin cans with a plunger and an egg beater tied to them. They're not scary. Maybe if they went around as the gooey blobs of DNA that's inside the tin can, they'd be scary.

Old Posted 10-03-2010, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Its a Trap!
I've never met anyone whose favorite was number nine. owo;

I usually forget he existed. OTL

My favorite is David Tennet, number ten. Eleven is a close second, though I dislike the actor.

I'm actually watching one of the first episodes right now. The ones that still exist, that is.
I'm a boy.

Uke is Taiki's favorite uke. <3

Art by Taiki.
Old Posted 01-01-2011, 07:33 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #35  
I love Nine. Everyone forgets about him, but I thought he was excellent and Christopher Eccleston is a very good actor. He added a lot to the role of the Doctor, I think.

How can you dislike Matt Smith?

In the interviews I've seen, he seems to nice and funny. I thought I was going to hate him so much, but I find him very charming.

Old Posted 01-02-2011, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Ooh.. a Doctor Who thread, yay ^^

I love Doctor Who. 10 is my favorite, but I loved 9 as well. It really is too bad he only did one season. it took a while for 11 to grow on me, but starting at about "Vincent and the Doctor" I really started to like him a lot. I thought he was brilliant in the Christmas special, so I'm starting to have really high hopes for the new season. ^^

@ the Dalek discussion: I don't think the Daleks are scary as monsters, per se. Their design just isn't that intimidating. As has been pointed out, they're tin cans with plungers. However, I think they're terrifying as a concept. They are the embodiment of total, unreasoning hate. Their only goal is to destroy anything that isn't them. They don't want to conquer, they don't want to use us as slaves, they don't want to steal our resources, they just want us dead. There's no bargaining, no allying, no collaborating, only unending, implacable hatred. Sadly, the frequency of their appearance on the show, (and the rather silly looking new "color coding" >< ) has diluted that feeling. When they show up once or twice a season, and are defeated each time, it's hard to maintain an aura of terror. I think they, like all the good iconic, scary villains, are best used sparingly. I'm actually hoping we go a season without them, just to help increase their impact in later seasons.

*coughs* Sorry for the ramble there... ^.^;;
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #37  
I watched this show for like 6 hours.
I was so confused.
D;
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Lol, yeah it can be confusing. What episode did you start with? Some are more confusing than others, lol.
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #39  
Uhm. It was one where the woman prime minister got obliterated by the toilet plunger/whisk monsters.
It was with the tenth doctor.
(Gotta love David Tennant)
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Oh wow, you started with a season finale. That would definitely be confusing, lol. Especially that one, since it brought in a lot of past characters. Despite the confusion, if you liked it enough to give it another try, I really suggest going back to Christopher Eccleston's season and starting at the "beginning" (of the modern series, at least ) It's much easier to follow everything that way, lol.

And agreed on the Tennant love <3
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
I'm The Doctor!
Default   #41  
I'm definitely a big Doctor Who fan, which I'm sure is very obvious. I'll be honest I'm completely new to the fandom, but I'm completely addicted in the best way. Like Johnny I adored the Ninth Doctor, but the Tenth (David Tennant)is by far my favorite. Besides his personality and over all demeanor I think it's the man's hair that's got me addicted to him. Which, in my case, might be a little sad.

BATTY IS BAMF. THANKS FOR THE DONATION <3
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Hehe, not sad at all. He has amazing hair XD
Old Posted 01-04-2011, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
I'm The Doctor!
Default   #43  
He has, hasn't he? So glad it's not just me there.
Anyone here watch Torchwood as well?

Old Posted 01-04-2011, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Ooh... I have. ^^ I actually watched Torchwood before getting onto Doctor Who, lol. I was watching Torchwood regularly, but had only seen a couple random eps of Doctor Who, then I found out that the lovely Captain Jack came from series one of Doctor Who and went back to watch it from the beginning. XD Then I was hooked on both. ^^
Old Posted 01-04-2011, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #45  
I was the one who got MISS DOCTOR up there to actually watch the show. xD; I made her watch some of the Christmas Specials, and then I made her watch Blink. It was love from there on. Bwahahaha. <3

By the way, Jack. :Love: Seriously.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 01-04-2011, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Hehe, I got one of my friends into Doctor Who. She had seen The Unicorn and the Wasp (talk about a WTF?! episode to start with, lol ) and was confused, but interested. So I got her to watch series one with me. She's still only seen Eccleston's season, cause she's frighteningly slow to catch up on tv, lol.

Mmmm... Jack... *gets dreamy-eyed*
Old Posted 01-04-2011, 12:40 AM Reply With Quote  
I'm The Doctor!
Default   #47  
Yeah, yeah, and I had really hated you too.Blink is what got me.She had started out with The Next Doctor and I honestly wasn't impressed at all. Now it's love. I adore Jack as well. It's really hard not too. :P Torchwood and Doctor Who is really hard not to like. XD Though, I still don't care for The Next Doctor.

Old Posted 01-04-2011, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Awww... I like The Next Doctor. The storyline was just alright, but I really liked the actor who played Jackson Lake. He was just adorable and sad.
Old Posted 01-04-2011, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote