Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default Pronunciation? xD   #1  
When you're listening to a song, and really digging it, do you try to sing along and then stop abruptly? Why? Because the artist just pronounced the word completely different than how you do? xD

Happens to me occasionally. Not that they're wrong, or that I'm right, but I wonder if they sing it like that so it goes better with the rythym or if that's how they actually say it.

I live along the Ohio river in the Northern part of Kentucky, United States. I know we don't say everything with the "right pronunciation", but isn't it interesting to see tiny difference in music like this?
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 11:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I run into that sometimes, but most of the music I listen to is Scandinavian metal of various kinds, so I attribute it to the singer's accent and not speaking English natively (though they still sing in it, which is kind of amusing).
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 01:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Dancing in the Rain
Default   #3  
Quote:
I live along the Ohio river in the Northern part of Kentucky, United States. I know we don't say everything with the "right pronunciation", but isn't it interesting to see tiny difference in music like this?
First of all, that's almost exactly where I live. Cept not right by the river.

Besides that sometimes I think a singer is actually saying something different then what they're really saying. Then when I find out what they actually said I'm usually surprised because I never would have thoguht they were saying that XD.
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 01:43 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Lol, I live in suburban Louisville. I get it's not directly along the river, but I could easily drive down town and see it.

But yeah, I understand. I try to say it like that and then chuckle at myself.
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 01:46 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #5  
Colorado doesn't have those pronoucitation accents but I lived in New York and I still have the accent with me.

In the York, 'o's are pronounced like 'aw' so instead of pronouncing 'dog' yorkers pronounce 'dawg'.

Orange becomes 'Arange' (a is a low tone)

Water is low key tone in the 'wa' so you get 'wawter'

It's easier to say it than to type it down oTL.

People in Colorado love the New York accent and I don't know why.

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 02:26 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Lol, people from up North say my "Southern" accent is actually really under control but slips when I say a few words. Like spider. xD

Or Salt. But that's not exactly country but Maine-ish/British. lolz I say "Solt." haha. My grandma was from Maine so I used to say my A's funny cause she taught me how to talk. For art, I would say aahh-tt"
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #7  
My friend catches me saying it in my native tone and usually says along the lines of "did you just say dawg?".

Here in Colorado, when I'm mad, sad or in any extreme negative mood, my native accent comes out.

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote