Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Mad Scientist
Default   #49  
Poet and Haru were both on Zan, poet for a much shorter period than Haru, she used to be an Admin there.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yeah, I remember she used to be an admin. I just don't think I really got to know her much. XP

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #51  
She turned into a lurker owo she'd surprised attack you random threads, then run away cackling.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Personally I think it's crap how they're wiping out all accounts, items, and currency from those accounts. Many people spent real money on that site and to just delete everything they spent money on is messed up. I won't be returning when it's relaunched.

How is it Trisphee is doing fine with its almost 6k users and Crysandrea can't keep their site going with their 16k users? It is my assumption they've become impatient, money-hungry fools.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #53  
The thing that's always stood out about Tris, to me, is the fact that the staff is very close with the users. I don't think I'm special for being on staff; I do all the same things I did while I was a regular user. There's no big difference.

True, I don't know if regular users see me as "different", but Tris staff actually interacts with the rest of Trisphee and knows what the users want.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexess View Post
She turned into a lurker owo she'd surprised attack you random threads, then run away cackling.
That sounds like SO much fun! <3 I can see why she did it. >_>

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #55  
I do agree with you on that point, Espy. Being able to have regular conversations with all the staff members has really kept me here. On other sites, the staff always seem like some untouchable high council or something here it's like, "Yeah, I'm on staff, but so what? Let's talk about something fun!" and that really helps me feel like I'm part of the site, not just someone who posts here. I'm a member, not a user.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I get creeped out by the thought that people might actually see me differently from regular members.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #57  
Yeah, I know. Who cares what coloured name we are? We're all one big family here on Tris. A slightly deranged family, but still family nonetheless. And as I learned from Lilo and Stitch, "Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind or forgotten." :)

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Pffft, haha. What are you talking about? I am totally sane.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 06:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #59  
Yeah, I don't believe that. I don't believe there's a single sane persona in this world. Everyone's got a sense of insanity in them, be a large or small portion of them, it's in there somewhere. ;)

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

Personally I'm not going back to the site. After being over there for four years I feel a bit betrayed trust wise to have everything just deleted. I can see why they want to clear the data base but at the same time I can name off at least ten or so that have stated they are not going back. I was only over there for the rp's but seeing as the site is being cleared I moved the rp's to other sites. Thus no reason to return as the people I talk to as well moved to other sites. xD

Though I think I stopped caring about Cry years ago actually. But I do think this 'new start' is going to hurt them unless they change what they are planning.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #61  
Before I fall asleep: Elidiun has been back in development for a while, now, under new leadership. ...I don't think I'll be going back, and I worry about how Vontrae will handle both Elidiun AND Syndrone.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-02-2013, 04:56 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
The thing that's always stood out about Tris, to me, is the fact that the staff is very close with the users. I don't think I'm special for being on staff; I do all the same things I did while I was a regular user. There's no big difference.

True, I don't know if regular users see me as "different", but Tris staff actually interacts with the rest of Trisphee and knows what the users want.
This is a good point. On Tris, I often forget who is staff and who isn't.
Old Posted 03-03-2013, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #63  
From what I understood the reason they're deleting all the accounts as well as all the inventories is because a lot of items and palladium (Crysandrea's in-game currency) are illegitimate and were obtained trough the exploitation of glitches. Two Crys users who were ex-staff (one of which hasn't been on the staff in years) even said that there could be around 18 million in illegitimate palladium circlling on the site at the moment. One of them even posted several past ways in which the glitches worked (ways that were fixed).

So, basically with as many illegitimate DIs and in-game currency as there is (presumably) on Crysandrea right now, the economy would be wreaked right from the get-go in Crysandrea v3 if they were carried over. Frankly, if this is indeed the case I can fully understand why they're deleting all the user data and I fully support it as well. This will also delete all the inactive accounts as well of course.

At this point I would also like to mention the following. They are reimbursing users who have spend actual money on DIs with an equal number of Gems (cash currency) in proportion to the number of DIs they have bought.

Also, all Crysandrea v2 users will apparently start out with a certain amount of palladium on the new site. All the TYIs are being kept and will be placed in a luxury shop where they will be purchasable with palladium and gems and from what I've understood the prices of them will be significantly lower in the beginning of the site. From what I've been told all event items and millstone items will also be kept but it remains to be seen how they will be re-released on Crysandrea v3.

I, personally, will re-sign-up on the new Crys when it opens to at least see how it will be (that and the possibility of finally getting a Wintertide Ensemble is just too tempting for me xD). I will remain here on Tris as well though (this site really grew on me in these days and I like it here a lot :3).

At the same time, well, it's obvious why some people would rather not return to Crys after all that's happened.
Old Posted 03-04-2013, 08:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Barkeep of the Pub
I was disappointed to hear that Crys was closing but I was informed that all users would be compensated for their losses. Thus far I have chosen to remain optimistic that it will all turn out.

But if it doesn't.....

*Get's nice and cozy on Tris*
Old Posted 03-04-2013, 01:29 PM Reply With Quote