Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Mad Scientist
Default   #33  
Well yea, we do on site compensation, it's really the least you can do, I mean alot of avatar site staff are volunteers.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
XD what can i say, i am eloquent

tch, the best way is to pay artists in items, mods in respect, and coders in cash, trying to throw money at people you want to be family is not going to keep them because then it becomes just a paycheck and when things get hard they wont want to stay
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:19 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #35  
I PAY THE MODS IN LOOOOOOVE!

Gallers handles the Artists, I think she gives them free doodles.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyoki View Post
Crys also has always had the problem of the rich user/poor user divide. On Crys, you would be lucky to get 5g from a regular post. From my understanding, the only ways to make serious bank over there are selling off TYIs, drawing art, or role-playing.
I'll just address this part of your post since you're more or less spot on with the rest and I can't comment too much on the community point since I was more of a lurker there.

The max amount of in-game currency you could get per post on Crysandrea was 20 and the forum games forum didn't grant any in-game currency.

However I myself, without donating, without selling TYIs and also barely posting, managed to get 40k palla/in-game currency by simply hunting in the forest 2 times each day on both of my accounts there. So it is possible even if it takes a lot of time and most of the palla was due to a snap-free weekend there, else I'd have a lot less, that's for sure.

Like I said, I was more of a lurker on Crys for the last few months, but some users did seem rather hostile, especially when talking about the TYI-s if they didn't like even 1 thing about them. When the last TYIs were released 15 days or so ago and the former lead pixelist of the site, who had quit due to being too busy at the time (she was also Cry's former owner, before pixeltweek, the current owner, came back), gave a little bit of crique on the items (it was just 2 points, one was that the shading was little too soft and the other that the slippers should have been a bit larger) she was almost jumped on by some of the people who usually complained about past TYIs a lot...

I can understand that they liked the items due to their theme and that they were happy there were TYIs at all (in an announcement it was said that there wouldn't even be any TYIs that month but they managed to find an artist willing to make them) but still, this is the person who made a very large amount of TYIs and commons on the site and overall an experienced pixelist, was jumping on them for a little critique really necessary?

Overall I think that a large part of the problems on Crys were due to miscommunication and misunderstandings on the part of management and the users >.<. I've never really had anyone be rude to me on Crys but, like I said, I wasn't the most active person there for months and things could have changed.

Once Crys re-launches I'll make another account on it (as my current one will no longer exist in another 15 days) and do what I've always done there. Post every now and then and try to make as nice an avatar as I can xD.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #37  
Areishia - That's always a problem, doesn't matter what avatar site it is the pixels will always be the main focus and people want their opinions to be heard. We try to listen to everyone and make adjustments for future items based on user wants, we'll never make everyone happy but atleast we try to make the majority happy.

And yea there usually is alot of miscommunication between staff and users, we're trying to negate that here with our suggest threads and the feedback threads we've been putting up with every item release, in general it is helping us slowly understand what the site really needs. Crys probably should have listened to their users more but it seems like it's more of them wanting to start fresh without so many glitches and stuff. And their probably hoping for a friendlier userbase when they re-open.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
I've been going on every day and bug hunted at least once, if not two or three times a day. In the past two and a half months I've made close to 20k, and I have over 400 berries I'd been saving for the next snap-free weekend... which will now not be happening.

I will say, though, that I am going to join the new Crysandrea once it opens up. If I'm part of the group chosen for the new closed beta, that'd be cool, too. I figure if I can be part of the new community there right out of the gate I might have a chance to be a part of some conversations without getting my face ripped off.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #39  
dude, i have things to say about tea i cant say because i can get in trouble but she is the reason i quit the first time and did not come back for a year (though i refound tris because of it so it is not all that bad) she was not someone who should have been in charge of running a site no matter how pretty her pixels were
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexess View Post
Areishia - That's always a problem, doesn't matter what avatar site it is the pixels will always be the main focus and people want their opinions to be heard. We try to listen to everyone and make adjustments for future items based on user wants, we'll never make everyone happy but atleast we try to make the majority happy.

And yea there usually is alot of miscommunication between staff and users, we're trying to negate that here with our suggest threads and the feedback threads we've been putting up with every item release, in general it is helping us slowly understand what the site really needs. Crys probably should have listened to their users more but it seems like it's more of them wanting to start fresh without so many glitches and stuff. And their probably hoping for a friendlier userbase when they re-open.
That is true and understandable, but some of the complaints seemed to be made for no other reason then to complain. But that could very be only my opinion as I always thought the DIs/TYIs there to be of high quality. Oh well, to each their own at the end of the day.

I guess they should have indeed paid more consideration to the item suggestion thread. I hope they won't repeat the same mistakes twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo
dude, i have things to say about tea i cant say because i can get in trouble but she is the reason i quit the first time and did not come back for a year (though i refound tris because of it so it is not all that bad) she was not someone who should have been in charge of running a site no matter how pretty her pixels were
I only talked to her a few times when 1 year or more ago but I got along fine with her in those conversations o.O. Still, I have read posts with people complaining about her just as I have read posts that said she was perfectly fine and ran the site well; I can say the same when it comes to the current owner of Crys, some like him and how he's running things while others do not.

Frankly, I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing, mostly.
Last edited by Areishia; 03-01-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #41  
I can't see their revamp taking place in a few months. It doesn't make sense. These kind of sites aren't started and upheld within a few months, otherwise we'd be overrun with a ton of baby sites. I feel like this "revamp" process as they call it, will take a heck of a lot longer. Especially if they want to make all the changes they said they did in their public release announcement.

Heck, look at Malthea or whatever the site-in-progress is called. They've been in development for AGES and yet still not ready for release. If you want a site to be really good upon initial release, it'll take a heck of a lot more time than just three months. :| And with all the changes it seems like Crysandrea is planning on making, I just don't see it getting done in three months. Especially when real life is accounted for in the time it takes up.

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Areishia - Yea, there is always those people who just complain to complain, we've had 'em, it's either ignore them or deal with them in a kindly manner.

Ari - Malthea is taking forever cause they have to keep restarting, Haru and Poet have had artists and coders walk out on them and keep all the stuff they've made for the site, so there have been alot of set backs. Plus Haru and Poet want to have a complete battle system in place for opening, and Poet is the one coding it, so it's taken awhile, though they are pretty close to opening from last I heard. Hopefully it shall be soon, so I can harass Haru :P

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #43  
she is a nice person if she likes you and loves to be loved to a fault. if you are a friend she will have no issues being wonderful

she however is a terrible boss and a shitty decisionmaker and if she does not like you bad things happen

>>; honestly a lot of head pixelists seem to have this issue, i sometimes wonder if it is a necessary trait or if it is something that you aquire from the job
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Nexxy.... that site is going to be so awesome... that I may never leave it....
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #45  
@Arikana: Well, it wouldn't be the first time that they'd have overestimated the time it would take them to code/make everything ^^;.

Still, they do already have the pixel art for the avatars as well as most commons, not to mention the NPCs.

But even so, I think you're right and the re-launch will take a lot longer then what they've announced.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yeah, well at least they want a damn good product to put out. They realize that and have thus continued to wait before releasing.

The point is, sites aren't built in a few months. Even if it's just a revamp. It takes time and the Crysandrea folks just don't seem to be doing that. :|

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #47  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
Nexxy.... that site is going to be so awesome... that I may never leave it....
-Clings to Tiva- I am joining just to harass Haru lol, she knows it too. We used to work together on Zani, she's a pretty awesome person, Poet is nice too.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Wasn't Poet also on Zan? I think I remember him. o3o Don't remember much of Haru though. /shot

I'd want to join Malthea just to check it out, cause their constant dev stage has me curious. >_>

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote