Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Default FFXIV: A Realm Reborn   #1  
Hey everyone! <3

I was just wondering if anyone has been playing the current beta for Final Fantasy XIV? My fiance and I were lucky to get beta invites in the very beginning and so far we are please with the way things are working out so far!

If you don't currently have a beta for the re-release have you played the original or do you have any thoughts/feelings/concerns for the upcoming one?

I'm excited for the upcoming changes they are making, and the things they are adding. I'm especially excited for player housing...I've never played an mmo with player housing in it before (I know it's not a new concept, I've just never played any of those mmo's xD) I can say I was definitely not impressed with the original game when it was first released, but they have been doing a good job of keeping me interested now.

The one current thing that bothers me is that they added a 'linking' system for enemies, so when you click on one it shows a faint shimmery line to another enemy that will pull if you attack that one. Not all mobs have it but a lot do. I didn't necessarily have a huge problem with this until I attacked something at my lvl when I was lvl 9 and it linked to a lvl 17 enemy. x.x

My fiance is in charge of the new FFXIV junkies website too, so if you want to see news and updates they are making to the game be sure to check it out! It's newly launched! ^.^ (link in my sig)

What's everyone's opinion so far? Whether you played it or not!
Malkavious is my fiancé <3
Last edited by Cheshiresneer; 05-03-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old Posted 05-03-2013, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

I was in the last beta and dear god.. As much as I was looking forward to ESO I think I might waste my time on this one instead. The earrings.. you have no idea.. just they move and I was like yes! .. Sorry I'll calm down now, but minor details like this... make me happy.

I think my main complaint is that they coddle the Legacy members a bit too much. I get the lower sub fee and some special things. But personally I think anything past that is a bit overboard. It seems to be making a lot of new users sort of hate on the older members from the forums I have been reading. =/

Old Posted 06-19-2013, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #3  
~pokes thread~

Anyone in the beta that starts in oooh 4-5 hours? :3
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I'm really enjoying the game, it plays nicely on the PS3 and the character creation is very addicting. My problem with the game is that it's very generic, and nearly all the quests are fetch quests. I guess Runescape spoiled me when I used to play it. Now those are REAL quests, prepping for days to beat a quest.
My big grips on the game is the lack of game chat of any kind, and typing on the PS3 is a pain in the behind. Fighting is fun, but there is very little customization to a character other then equipment.
The plus sides are the raids (very well done and fun), great character customization, big areas, plenty of quests, and you know. The small things, but from what I've seen so far the negative's will keep me from playing/purchasing the game, granted this is Beta... I will probably wait until the PS4 version is released then consider subscribing to it, until then I will just keep playing Beta and when the game is released I will watch some playthrough's to see how much the game is expanded outside of beta.

Old Posted 07-05-2013, 02:23 AM Reply With Quote