Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Charmed Forever
Default Interviews!   #1  
I've been on three interviews for the same company for the past two weeks. The first one went amazing, the second one could have been better, and the third and final interview was definitely the best one out of them all. We had to do mock interviews for my second hour class and since I just did three interviews, I was able to answer the questions without hesitation and sincerity.

Discuss: Interviews, job seeking, moving to be closer to work, your dream job.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 03:50 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I had a couple of interviews, my first one I got the job on the spot (but quit later cause of low income, last paycheck was $2) my second one was a waste as well as the third one. And I had to cancel my fourth one because of issues with transportation and I didn't get a reply from them about the change.

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #3  
I have only been in one interview and I was able to get the job. I was really nervous though since I wasn't really prepared. Got the call earlier in the day to come in for the interview so I didn't have much time. Then again I'm usually nervous when it comes to these kind of things. I'm scared that I'd say the wrong thing but I'm glad during this one it went well.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 08:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
My very first, and only, interview was sheer dumb luck. I applied online, got a call the next day to come in (which is a VERY rare thing to have happen). I felt like I faltered a bit, but otherwise nailed the interview and got called the next day to come in for orientation.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #5  
I've had a few job interviews, but never for the same company twice. It seems that my lack of experience is a major deterrent in the hiring process.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
I have never done an interview before and I am quite nervous as to what to expect. I haven't had a job yet but I'm really excited for one. I've applied everywhere in town and just waiting to hear back from somewheres.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #7  
I've gotten hired for every job I've had an interview at. Unfortunately I've only gotten interviews for about 5% of all the jobs I've applied for ><
But yes, going into an interview and knowing you've nailed it is a wonderful feeling :3
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Interviews are still scary for me even though I've taken classes on them. I've gotten most of the jobs I've interviewed for. The ones I didn't get, I wasn't disappointed cuz I probably wouldn't have liked working at those places anyways. >o>

As for dream job... I would LOVE to be able to make a living off of my art stuff. Meaning, my webcomics and working for an avi site (♥ Trisphee). If I could make a decent living doing those things I would be happy. xD I dunno how probable that is though. @o@

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 12:36 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
i have never been experience job interview... but I think the feeling is amazing speciall when you did a great job in the interview
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 04:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Unknown
Let's see, I have only done a few interviews, all of which I got the job for.
Right now though, I'm trying to get a "real" job, so my interviews will be a bit more trying.
By "real" job, I mean a full-time paying job. Up until now, all of my jobs have been part-time and given to me mostly because I knew someone in the company. I've only ACTUALLY gotten one job on my own purely because of me.
Every other job (including my current) was because I knew someone who ran it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
As for dream job... I would LOVE to be able to make a living off of my art stuff. Meaning, my webcomics and working for an avi site (♥ Trisphee). If I could make a decent living doing those things I would be happy. xD I dunno how probable that is though. @o@
I would pay you to do all of that if I could. <3

Found this old gem from the Taskal War xD

Please, call me Annie. <3

My saved avatar back before we had items with color and things glitched when you equipped them.... o-o
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...atarglitch.png
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 11:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Charmed Forever
Default   #11  
It seems that Trisphites are really good at getting jobs! I'm still waiting for a call back. /SO NERVOUS
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I recently had an interview on Wednesday for a job at Vet. (I'm waiting nervously for the call today. SO NERVOUS) And it could have gone a little bit better, but, at the same time it could have gone horribly worse.

My dream job is to be a Counselor working with At Risk Youth. Those who are more likely to harm themselves, be addicted to substances, queer youth, etc. Being a marginalized member of Society (it isn't easy being Trans and queer) I know what they feel like in a way and just want to make things better for them.

I would also LOVE to incorporate animals somehow into my line of work because I've seen the amazing powers of them first hand. Whether it's just fish in a tank or I have an office Cat, I just want to somehow get the animals involved. I've read way too many studies that prove that they are more beneficial to mental health for my dream to be a crock.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #13  
Gah, I hate interviews DX See, I hate being treated like a child, and to me, from experience, being asked the same question/s over and over is being treated like a child. That's not true for job interviews, but it clicks that way in my brain, and I have to keep calm and remember this is an interview, which changes that usual truth XD
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Charmed Forever
@Desmond: You're basically saying the job you want is what I'm going for. I'll be working with the LGBTQ youth for counseling on HIV Scares, Meth Addiction, and Domestic Violence.
@Hermes: During my three parts of interviews, I was asked some of the same questions during each interview, but it didn't make me feel like a child. When going for an interview, it makes me feel so below them that I'm trying to get a job from them.
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #15  
I've been through two interviews, thus far. I've been told I'm a natural acting like myself, and not some uptight, nervous wreck. I make conversation flow easy, and apparently, people like that.

Doesn't make up for the fact I wasn't what either place was looking for, but whatever. xD;
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
I still love when they say "We'll call you" and they never call you. I get the same syndrome people get when a date tells them that, and then never calls XD I start staring at my phone, wondering what I did wrong, and if I should have bought the good champaign lol
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 03:33 PM Reply With Quote