Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Squishy Blob
Default Horror/Scary Movies   #1  
Hi, I love watching horror movies and being scared! however most of the horrors I watched were really boring, a friend suggested The Exorcist which I found really boring. I like horrors with a good storyline, can anybody suggest any good horror movies they've seen? I would say Insidious is really good horror, with a good plot. Also Disturbia was good :], if u guys have any horrors that made u've jumped or hide under a blanket please share.
Old Posted 08-27-2011, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Disturbia doesn't really count as Horror/Scary. If you want to throw in "Thriller" and "Slasher" though, you can get that and other similar movies in there as well.

I love Horror movies, but honestly, I have yet to find a scary movie that actually scares me. I go into it expecting the jump scares or the weird parts and yeah... I'm too ready for it.

Anyway, I do enjoy older B movies, especially the old black and white zombie movies like Night of the Living Dead. Turn the sound low and make up your own dialogue. Fun stuff right there! I also liked the in color Return of the Living Dead, but that one was already laughable on it's own, so there was barely a need to create new dialogue for it. xD

I like Japanese and K horror/gore/slasher films. One Missed Call, Ju-on, Ringu, Infection, Kokkuri, Ichi the Killer...

And then the US ones (I'm listing horror, thriller and slasher)... the first Jeepers Creepers, the remake of the Grudge was alright, Mary Reilly, the first Alien movie fits thriller/survival/horror, Cabin Fever, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th series (all before Freddy Vs. Jason stuff, though I did enjoy that as well), and of course, Resident Evil (first one preferred here too), the Silent Hill movie seemed to be right out of a nightmare, I loved it. xD Oh, and Candy Man!

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 08-28-2011, 09:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Default   #3  
OH for me I love horrors and I found incidious to be very cheesy....=shrugs= To each there own lol. But for me there has been a couple that had freeked me out a little.

Dead silence was one of them. This is only because it played off of some of my biggest fears and I didnt like it lol.

It....most freaken horrible scary horror ever....=shivers= I hate clowns
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 08-28-2011, 01:24 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
For some reason I have this bravo's countdown top 100 scariest moments of all time, then there's the 30 even more scarier moments of all time in my computer

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 08-29-2011, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #5  
The horror film that still creeps me out is the grudge.
Old Posted 08-30-2011, 05:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Squishy Blob
yeah my bad disturbia is more of a thriller but its still scary xD.
Has anyone seen the recent thriller/horror out lately uhm its called, fright night and dont be afraid of the dark? Its not released here yet... but ive seen trailers for it and it looks really creepy!

@Pink, you should watch IT its a clown movie xD or the amusement aha, they're both pretty old but scary
Old Posted 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #7  
Japanese and Korean Horror movies are some good ones you should watch. They are extremely spooky and scary. They keep me up at night when I watch them. lol >.<;

*Click on the image to go to my art shop!*
Old Posted 08-31-2011, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Audition is creepy, it's a Japanese horror movie and crazy and intended to make you scared. It's about a guy who hold these auditions for girls to be his next girlfriend. And the one he likes he calls her and tells her that she's the one, but the girl that he calls is completely insane.

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 09-01-2011, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Decepticon
Default   #9  
I prefer horror movies like Hellraiser and A Nightmare on Elm Street.
They've got the freak out factor and the really cool villains that have a lot of personality to them.

And I also found the Exorcist to be incredibly boring.
Old Posted 09-03-2011, 10:01 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I finally watched the Original The Exorcist with Linda Blair in it, and to me it was boring and nothing really scared me other than Regan (the girl being possessed by the devil) stabbing her own Vagina over and over again with a cross yelling "FUCK ME!"

OBBIE'S twin sister
Last edited by Echo-chan713; 09-04-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old Posted 09-04-2011, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #11  
Oh my.. I adore horror.
We probably have a hundred or more scary movies.

Unfortunately I've been slacking on anything resembling organization so they're scattered all throughout the house.

Let me see what I've got laying around in this room.

Dusk till Dawn
Natural Born Killers
The Calling
Silent Hill
Orphan
Ed Gein with Kane Hodder
See No Evil with Kane (WWE)
Nightmare on Elm Street (the first three and the New Nightmare.)

Dead Snow. Awesome looks like most of my zombie collection is in here! Lucio Fulci's Zombie and Zombi3. Romero's Night of the Living Dead, Day of the, Dawn of the, Dawn of the (remake) Land of the and Survival of the Dead. The Zombie Diaries, Shaun of the Dead, Evil Dead I and II, Army of Darkness, Severed, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Apocalypse, Resurrection.

I don't really find any of these movies exactly scary. It's been a long time since a movie seriously scared me. Don't get me wrong I jump when I'm supposed to jump but I haven't found myself thinking about them and freaking out later. The Ring left me feeling creeped when it first came out but I watch it now and meh.

The two movies that DO freak me out and aren't even allowed in my house are Candyman and IT
Old Posted 09-07-2011, 05:37 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I love Silent Hill, but I'm afraid of the sequel if it's going to be bad or good. I have Orphan, it's just creepy (but I so wanna be Ester)

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 09-07-2011, 04:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #13  
Hahaha yeah she's pretty cool.
I mean horrible. Really, reeeeally bad.

Are they making another Silent Hill?
I thought I heard something about that and then it sort of
fell off my radar. I'll go see it, if they do make one.
Old Posted 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote