Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixels
Default   #17  
I have everything but the ps1 and the ps3 plays ps1 discs so no problems for me o3o

I was upset that you can't play games you downloaded from the store on the ps4 though xD

--- I am super duper excited for the last guardian!

Old Posted 10-06-2015, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Hopefully it's for the same reasons that you can't play discs from the older consoles, and not because Sony just wants your munneh.

I thiiiink you were the one who told me about Last Guardian, maybe? Back when it was called Toriko, or whatever.
Old Posted 10-07-2015, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
I have everything but the ps1 and the ps3 plays ps1 discs so no problems for me o3o

I was upset that you can't play games you downloaded from the store on the ps4 though xD

--- I am super duper excited for the last guardian!
Because PS3 has the same/similar computer that the PS1 had to play the games.

... I'm super excited for The Last Guardian as well. I'm still in shock at it's announcement at E3, let alone FF7:Re

Old Posted 10-07-2015, 12:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
... I'm super excited for The Last Guardian as well. I'm still in shock at it's announcement at E3, let alone FF7:Re
Am I the only one who also wants an FF8 reboot? I feel like I'm in a very, very small minority of fans who want that more than anything. D=
Old Posted 10-07-2015, 02:13 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #21  
You know, I've only played a demo of VIII, played X, XII, original Tactics, Tactics Advance and a little of I and III on hand held. ^^;

Old Posted 10-07-2015, 07:22 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
Am I the only one who also wants an FF8 reboot? I feel like I'm in a very, very small minority of fans who want that more than anything. D=
I want a FF8 remake, but I don't want it like the original game whatsoever. I the story can keep it's plot twist ending, but I really think the game needs to become something else entirely.

6, 7, 8 are the 3 Final Fantasy games that need the HD remake treatment.

7 Is down, 2 more to go. <3

Old Posted 10-07-2015, 09:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #23  
If it wasn't like the original game at all, it would be a MEGA remake! xD I love the game, mostly because it's the title that got me into gaming in the first place. If they did remake it though, they could at least update the script, maybe make it less teen drama-y (a LOT less).

And... I still need to play 6. ._.
Old Posted 10-07-2015, 04:44 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
It's a shame I didn't get into the games earlier, my real mother told me they suck, but that's because she's terrible at turn based games. >>;

Old Posted 10-07-2015, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #25  
If YOU like turn-based games, you should consider giving them a shot. Most fans get into them for the story and characters rather than the gameplay anyway.
Old Posted 10-07-2015, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I could never go back to the games, I've been spoiled and I can't stand sprites for games anymore. I want 3D polygons to replace everything and possibly updated graphics.

And the same goes for old PS1 games, I just want them remodeled and remade because they haven't aged well.

I just have this gripe with older looking games, the lowest quality games I'm okay with nowadays is mid to late year PS2 games.

*There are exceptions though*

Old Posted 10-07-2015, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #27  
I don't mind going back and playing games with sprites or early polygons because I played them when they were new. Besides, I still think some sprite games look amazing, especially more recent ones (I just got a copy and finished Bravely Default).

I do agree, though, that FF7 could do with an update. I just got to disc 3 again and it is definitely showing its age. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

I also want some other PS1/PS2 games re-made or remastered. The list could go on and on for me.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 10-07-2015, 09:19 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Well, that was almost twenty years ago that my real mother told me that. XD By now I've played plenty of turn-based games and loved them, as you can see from what few FF games I've played. I actually realized that my real mother doesn't like turn based games after she played Legend of Dragoon (which I'd love to have remade, that and Blaze and Blade: The Eternal Quest).

I wish I could get a PS4 so that I can play Blood Bourne. T-T

Old Posted 10-07-2015, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #29  
I'm tempted to get Bloodbourn, but I never got into Dark Souls because it didn't do a good job explaining how to play and the difficulty during the tutorial wasn't helping me learn. /Pleb

People aren't nice about trying to learn how to play the game when I talk about the game either. They just tell me I suck at video games and I should go play Mario. *eye roll*

Yet in a game very similar (Monster Hunter) I kick butt in it wearing no armor on fighting something that can 1hitko me like a boss. :3

Old Posted 10-08-2015, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I think probably the best thing for you to do is pick the background that gives you the most stats, and grind a lot if possible to get souls/blood echos. That's basically how I'll probably be playing it when I do, but I like how they don't have 'levels' but instead a point system used for leveling up skills and stuff. :3

Speaking of, I want to get the new Monster Hunter game, I think I'd like it better on the 3DS than the Wii. ^^;

Old Posted 10-08-2015, 08:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Because PS3 has the same/similar computer that the PS1 had to play the games.
False! The PS3 is simply powerful enough to emulate the PS1 in software. (So is the PS Vita for that matter.)

The first-generation PS3 did have the entire hardware of the PS2 inside its housing (miniaturized, but all there) so when it ran a PS2 game it just handed off control of the controllers, screen, and audio to the PS2 hardware. The second-generation PS3 hardware revision took that out as a cost-saving measure and TRIED to emulate the PS2 in software; compatibility was pretty bad and lots of games didn't work right, so this feature was dropped entirely in the third-generation PS3 revision.

Similarly, the PS2 actually had a miniaturized version of the PS1's hardware in it to enable backwards compatibility.

The Xbox 360 is a similar story to the 2nd-gen PS3; it can play original Xbox games through software emulation but not all titles are supported.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-09-2015, 12:52 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Which is why I don't care about getting a backwards compatible PS3 since I have a PS2, not to mention it will also be cheaper. :3

Old Posted 10-09-2015, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote