Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default Overwatch: The Calvary is here!   #1  

Been addicted to this game for the past month since it's beta. Absolutely amazing game, definitely one of the top games you should pick up this year.

Over 20 characters each reasonably balanced and offer something new to the table. No two characters are the same. The game is in vein of Team Fortress 2 where it's cooperative team battles. The game is in the same boat as Splatoon in terms of content, little at launch but more content will be added to the game in the future for free. The game pushes you to switch between all the characters mid match to change your battle strategy. Overall missions success if based off team play and not single play, so you can be the worst or the best player ever but at the end of the day it all depends on your team's ability to adapt to new situations and changes on the battlefield.

The game's only paid content is to pay for loot crates, basically every time you level up you receive one of these loot crates and once you reach level 100 your level is reset to 0 and you can easily get crates again at this point. (You have a emblem by your level showing off your higher status then your level lets you know.)Loots crate purchases are completely optional and are there for Blizzard to make additional cash. (I theorize there will be more content added to the loot crates in the future to help fund the game.)

This game was made slightly in focus to have another esports game and to make additional money off the competitive scene.

And you might be confusing this game with a certain Gearbox title. Well here's a image that helps explain the situation pretty well:

Old Posted 06-01-2016, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I've seen some videos of it, and Blizzard certainly knows how to make good CGI shorts... But I haven't picked it up yet. I believe I will at some point, but I'm avoiding buying games for now. (It is tempting...)

I feel like that setting they have created could be well suited to something more in depth than an arena shooter.
Old Posted 06-01-2016, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #3  
I agree. I feel like they're just going to have events detailing big events while spitting out videos explaining the lore and having entertaining videos.

I still want a campaign mode simply because I know it would be extremely fun and work out really well. They're just not interested which stinks. :/

Old Posted 06-02-2016, 02:35 AM Reply With Quote