Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #33  
Huh. I don't think I've ever heard that, Illu.

Old Posted 05-14-2015, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
You know I asked them the very same thing, and they told me at some point they'd have to or would prefer just paying me money. And if I wanted to be paid in runes, they'd pay me money and I should just spend it all on runes that way.
Yeah, it's a logical understanding when you cannot afford to hire pixelists. If they go about with that it's easier to pay them money then that's just stupid.
At least with donation currency, you don't have to worry about $USD temporarily. At least long enough for donations to get rolling in so you could switch to $USD. And even so, pay in commissions, not hourly rate else you'll get pixelists who slack and claim they've worked X amount of hours on a piece.

I do non-tool pixeling and I can get a piece of work done in a day. A more complex one within a week (talking about item-wise, that is, such as shirts, pants, etc.).
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 05-14-2015, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #35  
Runes aren't money. We've TRIED paying pixelists in runes. It doesn't retain them. That's why we'd rather pay real money -- it actually works.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-14-2015, 10:42 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Runes aren't money. We've TRIED paying pixelists in runes. It doesn't retain them. That's why we'd rather pay real money -- it actually works.
Maybe we need to bribe artists with expensive Coffee and giving them cool butt tasks they are highly interested in doing for the site.

Old Posted 05-14-2015, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
True, but just means they wouldn't have to purchase them themselves, heh.
But I getcha. Just hate that you guys don't have a pixelist. I'd offer temporarily but my tool-shading = newb. lol
My DeviantART
Old Posted 05-15-2015, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
True, but just means they wouldn't have to purchase them themselves, heh.
But I getcha. Just hate that you guys don't have a pixelist. I'd offer temporarily but my tool-shading = newb. lol
We'd be happy to pay both real money AND runes, and in fact we probably would anyway.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-15-2015, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #39  
Another suggestion I would add would be ALWAYS make a monthly announcement whether you have donation items or not.
Whether it is to announce the arrival, or create some role-play reason as to their delay.

The shipment was robbed and the [guards of Trisphee, whatever they are, military, etc.] are on their way to retrieve the items.

The shipment vehicle broke down.

Possibilities are endless.

That way the members of Trisphee doesn't feel like they're being ignored and they're in the "know" of what's going on without you guys needing to point blame on whoever is actually delaying the release.
And if there's a chance at no donations for that month, roleplay that the shipment was stolen and unfortunately wasn't able to be retrieved.

I dunno, is an idea I had for my place so figured maybe you guys could make it useful too.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 05-15-2015, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
I would LOVE to have that happen, the roleplay reasons for delays... iiiiiif it wasn't probably going to be me that had to write them... I used to have a helper for those things, butidunnowheretheywent???

Old Posted 05-16-2015, 12:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #41  
poke sheol to write them! ouo he's still around lurking ^_^

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-16-2015, 03:58 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Lololololol, yeah, he doesn't touch announcements with a 30 foot pole unless he's just grabbing formatting for me.

Old Posted 05-16-2015, 09:57 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #43  
You people and your formatting.

Last edited by Illusion; 05-16-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old Posted 05-16-2015, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
I would LOVE to have that happen, the roleplay reasons for delays... iiiiiif it wasn't probably going to be me that had to write them... I used to have a helper for those things, butidunnowheretheywent???
If you get a new helper, be sure to chain them to the Trisphee dungeon so they cannot get away like the previous helpers.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 05-16-2015, 12:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #45  
Formatting is a way of life, for some.

I like to think of myself as a reasonably good writer, but when it comes down to it, I'm terrible at deciding what to say, so I usually leave things like announcements and stories and rp ideas to other people.

That said, always announcing something each month is a very good idea. Thank you.

Since it seems I didn't actually reply before, I would like to address the idea of shutting down Trisphee for a relaunch:

That idea is death.

Even if I have trisphee entirely rewritten from the ground up (not an impossibility), I will absolutely not shut down the site for any amount of time more than 24 hours, mostly because of reasons mentioned by Obsidian and Coda. And shutting down for 24 hours would only be if I couldn't figure out how to do a 'relaunch' instantly--which is entirely possible to do, and not really that hard at all.
Old Posted 05-16-2015, 12:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
If I didn't have a full-time job, and were a bit more confident in my abilities as a pixel artist (and thus had more to show on my art pages), I'd more than happily assist with making things for the site. Maybe I should start practicing again...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 05-17-2015, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default   #47  
Jumping in here after a while to say that, as unfortunate as it is, I had to step back. Life got too real, with money and rent and school. Then my laptop and ps3 and a crap ton of money got stolen when someone broke into my apartment over st patricks day, so I can't even do my own personal art anymore. I'd like to come back and help if I could, but right now I can't. I have to use my friends computer to do my homework as it is. I'm sad that it had to come down to what it did, and I'm also sad that I haven't been active.

Honestly I'd consider coming back if the site picked up, or if me coming back would help the site pick up, and if my friend is willing to let me install art software onto her computer. But that's entirely up to the mods.
Old Posted 05-25-2015, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Jumping in here after a while to say that, as unfortunate as it is, I had to step back. Life got too real, with money and rent and school. Then my laptop and ps3 and a crap ton of money got stolen when someone broke into my apartment over st patricks day, so I can't even do my own personal art anymore. I'd like to come back and help if I could, but right now I can't. I have to use my friends computer to do my homework as it is. I'm sad that it had to come down to what it did, and I'm also sad that I haven't been active.

Honestly I'd consider coming back if the site picked up, or if me coming back would help the site pick up, and if my friend is willing to let me install art software onto her computer. But that's entirely up to the mods.
No offense to the current artists, you and Fenris were the pixelists that I've always been in awe over the pixels. Granted the other pixelests are great in their own way, the way you two do the pixeling... Words cannot describe.

Sorry to hear about the theft and I hope you'll be able to return!
But I do agree, Trisphee needs to pick back up. And it doesn't help that there's no monthly announcements. >->
Makes users feel like the site is unattended, but in the previous replies above, it sounds like there's going to be some improvements, so fingers crossed!
I'm almost excited for next month to see something -- anything! Whether it be new donation items or some form of delay post.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 05-27-2015, 05:51 PM Reply With Quote