Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

gnometastic
Default   #49  
Tayu has never been known for her control, nor thinking things through before she acted. This, this wouldn't be a time for it either. As the woman snatched away her freshly procured treat she saw red. "If you're a councilwoman shouldn't you know better than to steal from children?" she snapped, her hand, and a slicing blade of wind, slapping out to snatch back the container of food. Quick as she could she dumped all of the remaining puffs into her mouth, now looking like a chipmunk-squirrel.

Glaring hard at the woman she mumbled around her full mouth. "Nuu muu faaaul yuu 'aan hol onna ings"[not my fault you can't hold onto things]. Though she nearly choked on the last bit, her eyes tearing up as she fought to not spit out the half masticated food.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!

Thokin, looked at her then at the candle smiled some. "Sure I can show some stuff if you really have to see to know I am." as he took the candle from her held it up to shower her, on the tip of his finger he was able have a flame came as he lit the candle before. "Here you are if I have show you a little more I can, I don't want you think I am liar it's just not safe to do much bending out here in the middle of the sea" he said to her handing back the candle to her.

That was when he had gotten the idea he opened her door carefully and walked out looked around, seeing it was okay he walked over to the boat's edge sat on the side looked for some thing that was dangling from the side he had found a bit of from that went just about to the water. As he waved her to come closer he jump down to swing on the rope. As he dangled on the rope like bait he concentrated hard very hard, he was not well at water but still could bend it he just had to concentrate really really really hard to get it to do anything. And he did, having a large ice spike shoot out from the water as the ship sailed by it. "So I gave you three out of four is that better or do I need to show you them all?" he asked worried about trying to do air that also took a lot of concentration for him to do also unlike Earth and Fire.

I am the manry-est of men!

Nikko's Cosplay's,Nikko's Cosplay Cafe, Dapper Dreams Joint Venture
Cosplaying: N/A
Reyo is my Tropical Mistress ~ <3, Lucid is DELISH and the best nana ever!
Is known as Black Japan - Hetalia

Nikko is a beautiful prince.
Old Posted 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #51  
Taku spun on his heels to turn towards Tayu...who had just bounded past him. If he had turned just a little later he would've lost his balance as well. He was well surprised to hear the woman claim to be on the counsel. That surprise caused him to react to slowly to intercept Tayu's equally harsh comeback. Her's though was far more amusing; if things weren't getting quickly heated Taku probably would have laughed at her expense.

Taku brought his hands between the two women. "Ladies let's not escalate this to a bending battle in the streets over some crab puffs." He also made a point to look around them at the people who were starting to become interested in the commotion.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 07:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Ari's ears perked up hearing a raised voices before moving away from the lake and going into the the street. Noticing the Northern Water tribe council woman arguing with an air bending student judging by her clothes... wasn't she at the council meeting earlier? Ari couldn't remember because she hadn't been there by the end, she didn't blame her the meetings were boring, even to her and she had been to too many to count. Walking over with a hand on her blade hilt she nodded to the older water bender. "Council Woman, no guards? Even though Amon is long defeated it is still dangerous times... You should not wander alone as a person of your status."
A few of Ari's bangs fell into her eyes before she brushed them back and looked at the airbender and the man who looked unlike the traditional benders. He was younger than the woman... not the council woman's son though? They didn't look enough alike.... It was puzzling to her to see him with the women. "So what seems to be the problem?"
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #53  
Senalda Soyala Okena

Senalda was getting madder by the second. She respected the boy, but since he would stand up for such a foolish girl, he was not on her side no more. Then one of the Fire bender Guards came to her aid. "At least some one has some sense. This is how you should react to a council member." She turned to Ari "Thank you. This child was not watching her bending. Knocked me and the vender over. With out ever a sorry. Knocked over my crab puffs. The least she could have done was give me hers, but she refused and ate them all, just look at her face." Senalda turned to look at the girl disgusting face, it was full of crab puffs. "This girl needs to learn not to bend if she can not control it."
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Misu Moshe

Misu watched in amazement as he bended the fire to light and the water to spike. She was a bit worried as to what he was doing. He wasn't very good at bending water, he said so himself. And with no bending powers Misu wouldn't be able to save him if he fell in. "I believe you! Just be careful!" She bent over the side of the ship waiting for him to climb back up. "Hurry up my parents are waiting for us in their room. Don't you want some more food?" Once he was up, she lead him back in the cabin part of the ship. Once in she was in the cabin part of the ship she spoke the words; "You know you are not a normal being. I am a normal human being. Bending is a wonderful skill you can have, and you were born with all of the greatness into one person." She smiled. "Come on let's go eat, ok?" She continued to walk to her parents' room. Before she opened the door though she turned to face the avatar. "Be warned now. I have a little brother. He is a monster and my mom seems to hate me. My father is the only good one in the family besides me." She stared at him for one more moment to really let the words sink into his head, before she turned yet again and opened the door.

She was welcome with a flying child at her face. Her brother hoped onto and would not let go. She stepped inside wrestling with the child, so she could introduce him to Thokin. She finally got a hold on the child and stuck him out and towards Thokin. "This is Calder. My little brother." Her voice was a bit deeper and she was trying very hard not to roll her eyes. She set the child down. He started to run towards Thokin. He stuck out his hand to shake. "I watching you." With that he ran over to mother and she struggled to make him sit at the table. "This is my father, Nen, you have already met him." Her father nodded at Thokin when he was introduced. "And this is my mother, Tegan. She comes from the Earth kingdom and grew up in Republic City." Her mother just kept an eye on him. Once she was done with names she sat down at the end of the table. The only empty sit was one next to Misu and her father. Unless he wanted to sit at the other end of the table, but he would then be in between her father and her brother. And those were not a very good two to be in between. Once everyone was seated her mother started to talk. "So Thokin where are you from?" Misu stared at her mother. "Mom, why must you ask such personal questions?" Her father spoke up in return. "Because he is a stranger at our table, he should at least tell us what his motives are." Misu couldn't much believe what her father was saying. It was the first time he had ever said anything like that. She let it slide, letting Thokin answer the questions.

The food came in the middle of their questions. My brother started to dig into the food. Misu was next. The parents were use to getting what ever was left. "Thokin you better get food or i am going to eat it all before you get a chance to take a bite. It is a fend for yourself dinner." Misu smiled at him grabbing more food.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #55  
Taku was feeling anger shifting towards this water bender. She may have been old and maybe wise. But she was arrogant in her old age. She was pompous, over-controling, and lacking any trait of understanding. He wanted to lash out at her as well but bit his tongue. Taku took a breath to steady himself before he spoke.

"Excuse me Lady Okena I don't want to cross a line and disrespect you." he said first with a natural bow that came with his earlier years under the tutelage of the monks in the air temples. Taku's carefully guided words held like steel but Taku's eyes wavered as he held back his own feelings of rage against the elder.

"I wouldn't dare say Tayu's carelessness is excusable. But in your anger did you even consider she didn't really realize how inconsiderate she was being? Shouldn't you have acted better than yelling and snatching her food like a child yourself? I've been taught to respect an elder but the by the way you acted I don't know if you are worth showing more than common courtesy ma'am no matter what position you hold in the political sphere. Have a nice day."

The last statement probably didn't sound like he meant what the words were supposed to convey. But hell he was upset too. He grabbed Tayu by the arm, firmly but in no way harshly, and started for the ports. Republic City always had a way of running him into people who could just plain piss him off. 'Another day, another enemy' he thought with a inner sigh and crossed the Northern Water tribe off his list of places to visit. He wanted to get out and somewhere with less people. Maybe he could go to the Air Temple on the island west of here...Tayu may have been residing there and Taku had never been in his life.
Last edited by Jurinjo; 06-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Oh for the love of the Avatar, Tayu thought, the guards?? As if. Still chewing her food she let Taku drag her off. Tt was only due to the food still shoved in her mouth that she didn't(for once) let her mouth run away with her. But, it didn't stop her from crossing her eyes and making faces at the 'council woman' as they left. Who was she to determine if she was to be allowed to bend?! She wasn't the boss of her.

Swallowing hard she finally got the last of the food down and bounced up to walk more beside Taku rather than be dragged about. "So, who was that bag of wet blankets anyway? Was she a friend of yours? Cause if she was, you need better friends. But don't worry, I'll totally be your friend!" Peering around she chewed on the edge of her lip, "Are we heading back to the park? Or are we lost?" She mostly assumed everyone got lost like she did, little did she recall their earlier conversation where he'd mentioned his familiarity with the area.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #57  
Taku turned to her, still angry and no longer as careful with his words as he was with Senalda. "Don't forget I what I said about your carelessness being inexcusable. I've made people mad, I've even made some enemies. Will it be okay if I EVER went to the Norther Tribes after that?" he motioned back towards the stalls. "I've been fine on my own so far. It's been fun Tayu..." Great so now he wasn't going to the island anymore either. It would be really nice right about now if he had a glider. The angry young man turned on his heels and bounded away. He used his bending to run faster but wielded it more precisely. He formed small compact air pouches under his feet to propel him forward with each step. The technique used to require a lot of his focus to accomplish. The fact he didn't need to be completely in the moment to nail the timing anymore was the benefit of no longer having a glider. In the boy's rush something dropped from his bag without his noticing. It was an odd metal box made from a myraid of different metal objects went around each other fitting like a puzzle. Different colors ranging from a drab grey of plain steel to an odd shade of eggplant gave a very sculpture feel to the cube. The only protrusion in the thing was what looked like half a cone with glass in the center like a dome.
Old Posted 06-21-2012, 07:59 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Taku was mad, he was so mad he ran off. Tayu knew how it felt to be that mad, and later he'd be upset that he said things, she always was. So, she let him get a few blocks away and called up an air-ball; he was too fast to catch with just a breeze. Zipping along his wake she spotted something fall from his bag. Focusing hard Tayu flipped it up into her hands as she sped over it, the colours fascinating. Focusing on the various facets of the box she wasn't paying attention and ran her ride face first into a street light.

Tumbling to her side, the wind dissipating with a whoosh, she clutched her forehead where a red welt was already appearing. Hissing and rolling on the ground she slowly realized it had stopped hurting and picked herself up. A few curious bystanders stared at her and she grinned sheepishly at them. A bit of light glinted off Taku's fallen treasure and she picked it up, hoping it hadn't been damaged when she fell. By now she had lost him, and she was well and truly lost herself. Looking around she made her way to a tea shoppe for directions back to the ferry to the Air Bender Temple. Maybe Taku would look for her there when he calmed down? Then she could return this...and she would NOT try to figure out what it did...even if the temptation killed her!

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #59  
Ari listened processing the information as quickly as she could before watching the air benders walk off. No, he wasn't the council woman's son but he didn't look like the air benders from the island. Turning to the vender she bowed low apologizing for the disturbance and asking how many of his goods were damaged. The flustered vendor kept waving his hands muttering something about little benders hurting his business. Counting up the damages he presented the total. "10,000 yuans mam, but I can take my claim to the young benders destruction." She shook her head pulling out her purse and moving out a few coins. "A 1000 yuans per gold Fire piece right? So 10 gold fire pieces and a silver to convert it." She winked giving the man the coins over to him. The silver was more than enough but keeping him quiet of the incident was more important as she scribbled out the notes bearing her name and fire nation marking. Her father would kill her two know her just spent the money for emergencies, namely making herself look presentable during whatever this city threw at her or bribing her way out of captivity, but she had been smart and saved it reinvesting the original 20 gold pieces into a local messenger business, she had made it back and doubled it already.
Turning to the council women she smiled pretending to be happy with her. "Now Madam Council Women lets get you back to the Water Tribe compound, don't want any more trouble happening now do we?" Ari was mad but hid it behind her mask like she did when she was working, this woman represented the Northern Water tribe, and she apparently had no sense about how to treat a young bender, not everyone can control their powers and accidents do happen.
Old Posted 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!

Thokin sat near by Misu and well her father once he sat down he was then asked many questions. But he was also kind of lost with Misu's younger bother of him saying he was watching him, that felt slightly odd in many ways to the young Avatar. "Gaoling I cam from there, I was in the middle of training when I had taken a break from my training to get some rest I had dream telling me I need to move forward to better my self and well to help people and better the world." explaining him self to the mother of her the person who was helping him.

While he explained food came one he heard what Misu had said he sweatdrop a little started to take some food knowing he was not there he only got enough for him to get full on. "What I did was set out on a journey to head to the City, I was going to travel ride Maru my armadillo lion all way there but it seem I could have been wrong about how far it is." he admitted. "I am not very good with getting to places, I didn't even know there was a small port city here to get to the city." as he took a bite of his food.

I am the manry-est of men!

Nikko's Cosplay's,Nikko's Cosplay Cafe, Dapper Dreams Joint Venture
Cosplaying: N/A
Reyo is my Tropical Mistress ~ <3, Lucid is DELISH and the best nana ever!
Is known as Black Japan - Hetalia

Nikko is a beautiful prince.
Old Posted 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #61  
Several minutes later Taku was in the harbor about to find a boat. Experience taught him to always check for his belongings before departing a region. He took a comfortable seat well away from any grates or running water and started laying a couple things out as he sorted through his bag. He had his spare clothes, money, a bunch of other essentials, his tools...

Taku's eyes grew a little wider and he searched harder for a metal box that was supposed to have been in the bag. He started to get more frantic as he ran his hands across the same bag over and over. Nearly everything he owned was essential, but replaceable. His invention, while no essential, couldn't just be replaced. Many hours were poured into something he didn't know for sure worked. What if someone was hurt? What if someone took credit for his hard work!

With rapidity the young man threw everything back into the bag. He made absolutely sure it was securely closed then retraced his steps. He could have lost it anywhere in the mile of streets he went down. Someone could have picked up it too so there was simply too much to watch and so much he could miss.
Old Posted 06-24-2012, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Catching sight of her cousin who was preparing to head back to the temple Tayu waved her hand madly and dashed to their side. "Hi!" she hopped onto the bison's back and fidgeted with the box-thing. A heavy sigh made her flinch, it was ALWAYS a precursor to a lecture. Putting on her most innocent look she looked up and into very disapproving brown eyes.

"Tayu, you have a bright red welt on your forehead, a grease stain that I can only assume came from something edible on your uniform, gravel and leaves in your hair, and what ARE you holding onto?" Another sigh and they settled at the reigns. "Uncle may have made me bring you on this short excursion but he never said you could run pell mell all over the place. You were supposed to stay at the council hall and wait for me. We will be discussing this after your evening lessons."

Tayu knew better than to reply, she merely bowed her head and waited for the bison to take off. She'd expected more really, but apparently the guards hadn't made it back to report the other stuff yet. She'd hear about that later, from Uncle. This made her wince and chew on her lip, Uncle's lectures were longer, and his punishments usually meant she'd be on floor cleaning duty for weeks.

Old Posted 06-24-2012, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #63  
Taku saw a flying bison with at least 2 airbenders on it move overhead. Tayu had to be on it. He used his bending to shoot himself onto a building then aiding his hop from building to building to catch up.

"Tayu! HEY!"
Old Posted 06-25-2012, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Tayu swiveled her eyes. Was someone calling her name? She'd been perfectly still since they took off, hoping if she didn't move she'd be forgotten. But...if someone was.... Slowly turning her head she spotted Taku leaping in their wake. "OH my GOSH!" she breathed and darted up to where her cousin was leading the bison. "Wait up for a second!" she yanked back on the reigns making the large animal lurch to a stop even as she ran back to the base of it's broad tail.

"Taku, I have an idea, hold on!" Nearly crossing her eyes in concentration she swirls out her hands and pulls in a mighty gust of wind, dragging Taku towards the side of the now hovering animal.

Old Posted 06-26-2012, 12:40 AM Reply With Quote