Wanderer
...Citrus is better.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-30-2018, 04:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #323  
apple > citrus > pumpkin > pumpkin spice

Though good pumpkin spice isn't bad.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-30-2018, 08:02 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
i agree with coda's verdict

Old Posted 10-30-2018, 08:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #325  
Some apple stuff is cool. But apple anything is just overshadowed by the fact that apple juice, for some reason, and in quantities over maybe half a cup, make me really nauseous.

...Is preference for flavors hereditary? Might have got the citrus thing from my mom.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-30-2018, 11:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's not genetically hereditary but it is something that can be picked up through subtle social cues during childhood.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-30-2018, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #327  
BuI dunnooo. I hate cooked fruit, especially cooked apples. My dad also hates cooked fruit and so does his mom. Everyone else in my family loves fruit pies and stuff though. I only found out a couple years ago that my dad disliked cooked fruit when I was saying no to apple pie.

But that isn’t a sick feeling.

And this has nothing to do with galas work xD

Old Posted 10-30-2018, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Down with pumpkin! All hail App'o'lanterns!

Old Posted 10-30-2018, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #329  
I don't want to pressure you or anything
but it's like, the 8th
when are december monthlies coming
Old Posted 12-08-2018, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
mm i got them done early this morning and left a note for if anyone was available before i woke up, but it looks like no one was

we rescued a dog recently that needs a lot of attention, so my process was slowed to a crawl, lol

they're going up tonight though, and obviously they'll stay in shop longer next month to make up for this delay

Old Posted 12-08-2018, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #331  
Thank you
If there was a 'general staff thread' I'd post there btw
I don't want you to feel like I'm calling you out specifically
Old Posted 12-08-2018, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
nah u gud

i'm art admin, so anything specifically item related, you can bother me about. it's literally part of the job.

i never like making delay announcements because it feels like "i could be working on the items instead of spending my time drafting this" every time, so i generally don't

Old Posted 12-08-2018, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #333  
May I ask what kind of dog, and is it doing okay?
Old Posted 12-08-2018, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
she's one of those big corso dogs. which is part of why she needs so much attention, she has to adjust to the whole family so we all have to bond with her or else she might get the idea she has to protect only one of us from everyone else instead of the house being a safe space.

so, the story goes, she's a breeder that was kept in a small back yard with 2-3 other dogs just as big as her, and they'd have food thrown at them once in a while. that was about as much socialization she got.

my brother had one of her sons, but that doggo died suddenly and unexpectedly while he was still young, it was a real heartbreak.

so, big mama rogue gets to the end of her breeding time, she's 8 and she's gonna get tossed in the pound. my bro decides he's gonna take her, because a grown dog that's neglected and overweight and known for problems with strangers? yeah, no one was gonna adopt her, she'd just get put down.

now, my bro ain't exactly a great person. he's not really there for his dogs, either, tho they're not kept outside all day and all night. he has like 8 of them or something now, it's getting to be a serious animal hoarder situation, and he doesn't know how to train dogs. and he has a temper. so he's been known to take a belt to his dogs.

which, even on its own, disgusting. but especially with big dogs like rogue that are made to protect you, it's an unforgivable sin. but that's not a situation we can do anything about without breaking our nana's heart because my bro is her favorite child.

so anyway, my bro is moving out to a farm 4 hours away, and rogue physically could not make that trip. so we agreed to take her.

she's been here since late last month (literally since the moment i needed to sit down and knock out the monthlies, yikes lmao) and so far, she's adjusting well. now that she's actually getting positive attention for the first time in her life, she needs it pretty much constantly. she's scared whenever people have to leave for a long time because she's not used to us always being here, she's used to us visiting. so one of us has to look after her and check up on her often when the others go.

she has more energy and is starting to lose weight and adjust to our little family, but it's definitely a process. we only just got her to start seeing nana as part of the family, because nana's been plain not spending any time with rogue, so rogue started to see her as a potential stranger-danger. but, as nana's do, she solved it by giving treats...

which...

ok... but that does get in the way of helping her lose weight...

sigh. oh well. we'll figure it out.

Old Posted 12-08-2018, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #335  
Ah, unfortunate to see that her upbringing along with the others wasn't better. But glad to see she's getting much better care now despite the challenges.
Old Posted 12-08-2018, 06:50 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop

this is her favorite spot, at the feet of her peoples in the game room. we got her a toddler bed to lay on since she's too big for the pet beds we have, and it was cheaper than getting like one of those specifically for pets giant beds.

her feet are like clubs and her face is always drooping.

Old Posted 12-08-2018, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote