Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default   #33  
Perhaps, but you have to remember I am currently in the Bible Belt of America, which means 90% of the people on the car lot are saggy old white guys who expect extreme catering and have no sense of fun because they were out of baby powder for their backsides this morning. Also, usually not a fan of musicals for kids.
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 08:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
*Can testify/agree with this to a degree*
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #35  
Tonight's Drink: Smirnoff Tuscan Lemonade. Because I'm lazy.

Today I had a group of customers approach the front to leave. One, who was a decent human being who probably stopped for tortoises in the road, went through the door clearly labeled "Exit". The other two, who most likely like to kick Cocker Spaniels for fun, said "You might as well go through the entrance." and attempted to go through the entrance door that is clearly labeled "DO NOT ENTER" from the inside.

Now, I was ready for this. I hate people breaking petty rules at my place of work, so each morning I disable the automatic door from opening from the inside. I mentioned to them casually that the door is even labeled "Do not Enter", and watched them get frustrated as they continued standing, waiting for it to open. They finally gave up and went out the exit, like decent members of civilization are supposed to do.

Now every now and then I hit jackpot, and people don't listen to me or are too distracted on their phones and just bump in to it, despite my warnings. I am clearly in the right here, as the door says "Do Not Enter".

What about you guys? What do customers do that piss you off? You ever get to one-up them or get some secret satisfaction out of seeing them not get their way?
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I'm about to go pour myself some plum-infused everclear. I'm just done with people on facebook right now.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobotDen View Post
I'm about to go pour myself some plum-infused everclear. I'm just done with people on facebook right now.
Oh god, Facebook. My mom has turned in to a turbo Tea Party ultra racist on there. Which is odd, because she raised me the complete opposite. Well, sort of. That shit has been getting old, real fast. The amount of misinformation that gets spread around is just...awful. Also, see the above mentioned racism. Facebook has some very lax standards for what gets shared around. Is why I don't really add family members, or...talk to them in general.
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I have two facebook accounts. One under my legal name (that most all my family has me added on, and that I never go on anymore), and one under the identity that I feel more strongly... it's one of my chosen family that really pissed me off the most. I kinda called them out for making me feel bad for wanting to help the refugees and not close our borders because of a few jerks.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #39  
Oh yeeaaah. Without getting too political/biased on my favorite forum, I feel you. Living in peace and relative quiet, it's very hard for a lot of people to understand that you can't exactly live in rubble and mortearrrrtg fire. And since you don't see it, it's easy to demonize an entire group of people just because rosmeone claiming to be the same type of person is terrroristerizing other people.

You'll notice this is the same people shouting "All Lives Matter!", but apparently that doesn't count for the scary brown people in other countries desperately wanting to escape the carnage and chaos that used to be their homes and lives. Yeah, apparently the pursuit of happiness and right to life and all its wonders and privileges only matters if you're light, bright and two shades white.

Screw 'em. Not my kindaf people.
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salone View Post
What about you guys? What do customers do that piss you off? You ever get to one-up them or get some secret satisfaction out of seeing them not get their way?
Watching someone hit the doors would be very satisfying to see. I know it's a trivial thing, but I hate getting jostled by people leaving through the wrong door as I'm going in the correct one.

At my work, I get furious with people who demand that I clean their room. Keep in mind that I would have cleaned their room anyway, as it's part of my job, but lately we've been shortstaffed and there's normally only one housekeeper on duty every day, assigned 20+ rooms. We've been more strict about which rooms merit cleaning at the time - we don't clean if there are personal items on the beds, all over the floor, pets in the rooms, etc.

A couple of people in particular will go to the manager, or even sometimes get right in my face, and tell us all about how they're paying good money for their motel room, and they want their (often disgusting) rooms cleaned.

What most people don't take into account is that stayover service for long term guests is complimentary, and their good money only applies to renting the room itself, NOT any of the services or amenities. That's generally why people will tip their housekeepers if they do anything more than bring fresh towels.

Overall, I prefer it if someone actually gets in my face and complains, because then I can report to my manager that I was being intimidated. After that, I usually don't have to deal with that particular guest anymore, if they're even allowed to stay at the motel afterward.

(That turned into quite a rant. Sorry about that! ;; )
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 02:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #41  
Screw those sonsabitches! I remember them at the hotel I worked at. Smarmy. Blarmy. Thinking they deserve the utmost attention, and they deserve is now. Ugh. Forget 'em! They can poop themselves. They rcan go blow an elephant. Seriously.

I had a woman complain once because we didn't have Splenda. I reminded her that that shit had arsenic in it, and she got all bitvhy with me. Burt nooooo! She still wanted her Splenda. IHG Properties (Owners of Holiday Inn branding) fined us 150 buckraroos because of that shit. Seriously, they charged us 150 for each complaint filed, before investigating the complaint. What a racket.

Customers are just little shits. Like seriously, 90 percent of them are okay peeps that just want to get a service or product and be on their way, but you get that 10% little shitstatin on your white sundress that just won't leaverr you alone and stinks up the place. What turds.
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I remember one time, when I worked in a call center that had Toys R Us as a client (I no longer work for them, and TRU pulled the plug on that company handling their customer service calls)... This woman from England called to ask about bicycles, and I was explaining things using small words, because she just wasn't getting it, and my supervisor came over to listen, and then the woman asked for my supervisor, so I handed the headset to her, and the woman proceeded to try and pull the same crap and even went as far as to say "She never told me that!" when my supervisor explained the same exact thing I had said, and my supervisor said, flat out, "Yes she did, because I was standing behind her and listening to her explain it to you." That supervisor was awesome.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 02:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #43  
Supervisors like that deserve a gold medal and chocolate.

The absolute worst job you can have is a shit job with an amazing manager, because they can make you feel like it is worth it. And the worst thing is that your best memories will be with that job, because they made it that way for you. And you'll yearn for those days of shit pay and awful people because someone made them worthwhile and had your back instead of these dead eyed boring cut throat people you deal with now.

And what the hell is there to understand about a bicycle? It's a bike. You ride that shit. You pedal when you want to go and stop pedaling when you, you know, want to stop. Like I know it's an American invention but I have the internet, I've seen bicucles in other countries! People all over the world know how to ride a bike. Sheesh.
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
it was related to assembly fees. That's all I remember about it. Sadly, that supervisor was fired several months before I finally quit...

Quote:
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 03:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #45  
I have spent most of my life working as a receptionist for a mental health facility. So largely I can't talk about any of that. However, we did have a guy who wanted to be a patient call in, and we never accepted him so I can talk about that.

He wanted to be scheduled so I got all of his information down and everything and then he fires out "i have a permit to concealed carry so I will have a gun on me, I just wanted you to know that so we won't have any problems."

Of course, this is a mental health facility --- there's no way we could have somebody come in with a gun.

It turned into a huge fight that I had to escalate to my boss because he was shouting about his second amendment rights and I am having to counter with the fact that most of the people there were unstable and would either have complete melt down freak outs, perhaps try to steal his gun, or if he was unstable enough to need our services, we couldn't guarantee the other patient's safety. That was my most frustrating customer experience at that job that I can talk about. ouo

With my past job we were selling the medicinals so most people were pretty nice, just excited to be there. I made a ton of friends ouo even met a relative of Kurt Cobain. But every once in awhile you get a real pot snob. We had two customers who worked at a different dispensary and they kept telling us we needed to come by their shop so we could learn how they did things. Every single dispensary these people worked at got shut down or went out of business. Why in the world would we ever want to go there? Also, the people who would come in and claim that we were lying about what our strains were because back in the 60s they smoked some panama red and what we had on the shelf didn't smell the same to them so it clearly wasn't what we were saying. But then somebody else would come in and be like "omg this takes me back. . ."

So. . . I guess I am pretty lucky ouo

Old Posted 11-18-2015, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Well I know it doesn't matter now, but most hospitals (mental or otherwise) have 30.06's posted, which means that you cannot legally carry on their premises. This is by law, and they have to submit to it or they are violating federal law.

Secondly, having to be checked in to a mental ward can most likely end up revoking your carry license in some states, as well as your ability to own or purchase weapons, depending on how it was done.

Thirdly, 99% of us gun owners are just effing crazy dingbat wingnuts who, despite owning a shit ton of guns, are afraid and paranoid. It's like the better you can defend yourself, the more scared you are of getting hurt. I don't get it.
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #47  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salone View Post
Secondly, having to be checked in to a mental ward can most likely end up revoking your carry license in some states, as well as your ability to own or purchase weapons, depending on how it was done.

Thirdly, 99% of us gun owners are just effing crazy dingbat wingnuts who, despite owning a shit ton of guns, are afraid and paranoid. It's like the better you can defend yourself, the more scared you are of getting hurt. I don't get it.
Trying to bring a gun into a mental health facility of any kind is pretty crazy (har har), and as a mildly crazy person I happen to agree with the places that won't allow people with mental issues to own a gun. I wouldn't want them to have one, and I sure as hell wouldn't give one to myself.
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
*Looks at dad's gun collection* Meh.

Hmm...as a question about such facilities, what are the standards for things like outside contact and activities? (Always had the idea of very strict environment, a bit like military school)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote