Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default   #17  
Well, it may be. I just know America has eyes only for China right now. And serious on the DDT and the...Tetraflouride I think it was? One of those. I think that's just a category, but I know what you're talking about. And I think tonight we'll visit something else tropical!
Old Posted 11-13-2015, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Well, Halloween has passed, but you gotta go with the favorite drink of the slutty pumpkin:
1 part kahlua
2 parts root beer
(whoever knows the name of the drink gets a cookie!)

Also, why is saying 'thank you' to the cashier a weird thing in India? As a former cashier, I would get annoyed when people ignored me when I told them to have a nice day.
Though I also overuse 'pleases' and 'thank yous' and 'excuse me's' in everyday life =P
Old Posted 11-13-2015, 01:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
Well, Halloween has passed, but you gotta go with the favorite drink of the slutty pumpkin:
1 part kahlua
2 parts root beer
(whoever knows the name of the drink gets a cookie!)

Also, why is saying 'thank you' to the cashier a weird thing in India? As a former cashier, I would get annoyed when people ignored me when I told them to have a nice day.
Though I also overuse 'pleases' and 'thank yous' and 'excuse me's' in everyday life =P
...The funny thing is, a few days ago, I read a Cracked article on drinks from TV and movies... and that drink was on the list. It's called "Tootsie Roll".
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-13-2015, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
I've read that one too! =D -high fives-
I've also read this one. I would challenge Salone to try the Hunchback or Clampricot shandy, but with his not being able to taste anything it wouldn't be much fun. =P
Old Posted 11-13-2015, 02:42 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #21  
Well, the cashiers here never say 'Have a nice day.' :P So we'd essentially be thanking them for... uh... doing their job? Taking our money? Albeit in return for goods, but still.

Do they tell you to have a nice day in England? Probably they do. But it doesn't make sense because my friend from Scotland once forgot to say thank you to a cashier and fretted about it like crazy and I mean, if someone says 'Have a nice day' there's no question of forgetting to say 'Thank you,' it's like, reflex.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-13-2015, 06:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
I think, even if the cashier doesn't wish out loud for your day to go well, saying 'thank you' to them would be more like appreciating the work that they do. Because seriously, menial tasks like that tend to drive a person crazy, and they're rewarded with pissy customers more often than not. At least, they are over here. =P
And there aren't any rules for how a cashier is supposed to act or what they're supposed to say, that's just what I did because I try to be decent to people sometimes! =)
I dunno. Chalk it up to a zany cultural difference, I guess?
Old Posted 11-13-2015, 07:14 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #23  
Yeah, probably. I consider myself a very nice person but it never even crossed my mind to say thank you to cashiers until I met that friend :P And she was fretting so much because she said it was a cultural requirement to say thank you. Kind of like sticking your pinkie out when you pick up a tea cup, or something. So I'm like OMG I only have an instinct of how to behave with my own culture.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-13-2015, 09:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Having worked retail and customer service, being kind to retail and customer service workers is automatic for me. Which is part of why I get so pissed off when I hear about customers acting like spoiled brats or acting entitled. Heck, I get mad at my dad for being a jerk to fast food workers. I've found that being nice and polite, and keeping calm when there's a problem generally works better, and for me, it's easier to do than to work myself up into a temper tantrum.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-14-2015, 02:01 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #25  
Only time I work myself into a tantrum is when I'm the mall's elevator and people just keep coming in even though there's no space and I'm getting TOUCHED by STRANGERS. I keep my elbows out my sides so people get poked if they try to get too close, and I do my whiniest 'Why can't you see there's no space!' when people try to come in. All those strangers hate me and give me looks to let me know, but I'd rather be hated than be touched by them so yeah.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 11-15-2015, 05:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
crowded elevators suck. I'd rather take the stairs, even if it means going slow.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #27  
I always take the stairs. Unless there's some ungodly reason not to, stairs are always taken. Then again I live in a town of like, 60,000 people. There are very few buildings that have more than two to three stories. I understand for places that are much larger. I just never read stories about people being trapped for 72 hours on a flight of stairs.

And the drink for tonight is just sour apple pucker and vodka mixed with lemonade. It is...very lime green colored.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 03:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I generally take the stairs - I grew up on stories where the elevators fail and kill someone. But then there is the thing about carrying enough on my back as to be painful, and elevators sometimes provide relief.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 08:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #29  
I take the stairs whenever possible. At work I deal with large housekeeping carts though, so sometimes getting on the elevator is unavoidable. That thing is creaky and unstable, and I swear that I'M going to be the one inside of it when it finally fails.
The only good thing about using it is that when I have my cart, it takes up most of the space in the elevator so most people just wait to go up. When people try to shove their way in anyway, I tell them, "I would wait if I were you. I just cleaned out a room that had bedbugs in it." ...I enjoy time alone, whenever I can get it.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 08:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
When I sold cars, there were daily morning meetings on the second floor. Everyone would crowd the elevator and stand there waiting forever, and complain about the wait. Meanwhile, the stairs are literally right next to the elevator, so I would be the only one to take them and make it back down to the lot where I...proceeded to walk around and sing Disney and Anastasia songs until a customer might wander by. I was caught unaware once. It was...embarrassing.
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #31  
There are much worse things for a customer to catch you doing.
Personally, I would ONLY trust the salesman singing Anastasia songs.
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 01:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
See, I would, too. and I'd sing along, 'cause that's awesome.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 05:00 AM Reply With Quote