Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Stuck In One Reality
Default   #65  
Is wearing kimono heavy?
Old Posted 12-28-2015, 07:02 PM  
isn't that funny
tch, age does not do anything XD you can look boss as fuck as long as you can still shimmy into one hahaa
Old Posted 12-28-2015, 07:02 PM  
Double Rainbow
Default   #67  
Lol... I'm very self conscious at the best of times and so I tend to stick to the rules more ^_^;;

They can be heavy, but it's more that there are a lot of things that go into wearing kimono. There are multiple ties to keep things in place, padding to make you more tube-like if you are more shapely, not to mention trying to get things to sit right and stay put XD But it all depends upon how traditional you want to be with it and what sort of kimono you are wearing.

For example wearing Yukata is very simple as you'd only need a few ties (himo) the cotton kimono (yukata), the obi (normally a hanahaba or half-width obi) and maybe a slip to wear underneath.
Whereas if you wanted to wear a Furisode (kimono with almost floor length sleeves) which is very formal and designed for young unmarried girls you woud require much more like a Juban (kimono undergarment), a more formal type of obi, the furisode kimono, several tyes, collar stiffeners, obi stiffeners, obiage and obijime (the scarf like fabric above the obi and the thin rope seen on the obi) plus an obi makura (translates as obi pillow is used for tying the obi in certain styles), tabi (split toe socks) and zori (shoes)... ^_^;;

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 12-28-2015, 07:31 PM  
Stuck In One Reality
One can't be shapely in a kimono?
And i get a headache just from reading your post, so complex!
Even if kimono looks cool i prefer clothes you can just throw on (or off)
Old Posted 12-28-2015, 07:34 PM  
Double Rainbow
Default   #69  
Sorry about that ^_^ I get a little carried away when talking about kimono ^_^;;

It's more ideal to be tube shaped to wear kimono in a traditional way, but you can wear them in any way to suit you to be honest. It is after all just another piece of clothing. ^_^

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 12-28-2015, 07:37 PM  
isn't that funny
shapely is not seen as ideal XD at least not outside of manga, hahahaha
Old Posted 12-28-2015, 08:28 PM  
Snap!
Default   #71  
I got Animal Crossing New Leaf for 3DS, a tank top/legging set, a pot/pan set, a blender, socks, a Princess Mononoke sweater, and some cozy legwarmer slippers with pompoms on them.

As for gifts I gave or am about to give on New Year's Day, I got my fiance a 3DS XL and a complete car detailing kit, my grandparents a new tv, my mom and my aunt special keepsake boxes, a peach mango candle for my aunt (You get a candle, YOU get a candle, everyone gets a candle!), cinnamon-stick ornaments for my mom, and a grow-your-own flower kit for my mom.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 12-29-2015, 04:29 AM  
Lynx Rufus
They actually encourage you to either bind your breasts or use padding to create the tube shape. When I tried on a kimono my breasts were a huge problem. DDs don't work in a kimono because you either size for your waist hips or breasts. Means it is bigger size if you are wider in one area than another.
Old Posted 12-30-2015, 03:35 PM