Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixels
Default Winter Time Dinner Recipes   #1  
So I am trying to help my grandma out and make dinner some nights. (she has been over working herself baking untold amounts of cookies for no reason other than she wants to fill up the freezer - which is fine, I'll eat them XD)

Anyway, she also feels we are continually eating the same thing all the time. I've been trying to spice it up on my nights cooking but I tend to only think about what I can make with chicken and I think everybody is getting a little tired of chicken. I made chicken parmesan, chicken stir fry, turkey noodle soup and tonight I am making bacon potato corn chowder.

Things she is sick of:
meatloaf
salad
burritos
spaghetti
roast chicken
fried rice
steamed vegetables

I want to make hot wings sometime but that is also . . . chicken.

So what are some things you guys like to have for dinner when it is too cold to bbq?

Old Posted 12-20-2016, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
We do cheese lasagna with meatballs and sausage on the side for Christmas. That is a family tradition and I love it, but this year I am adding in an alcoholic chocolate cherry black forest triffle.
Old Posted 12-20-2016, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #3  
I believe grandma is making a big ham

Old Posted 12-20-2016, 02:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Nice! Maybe you could make Buffalo Chicken dip? Dips are fun to make and then you can make it healthy with celery and carrots to dip in it or you can do it with bread and make sandwiches. During the winter we do a lot of crockpot meals and dips that don't require a lot of cooking but warms up the house.
Old Posted 12-20-2016, 02:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
I did a big pork roast last night -- rubbed a pork shoulder with spices, seared it in olive oil, then threw it in a crock pot with potatoes and onions and turnips (was going to do carrots but ran out of room in the crock pot) with a quart of beef broth and some salt and pepper for a few hours.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-20-2016, 02:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Oh my…. that sounds really good. Tonight we are doing chicken and basil cream pasta.
Old Posted 12-20-2016, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #7  
Lately we have been having quite a bit of polish sausages
I like to make a tasty one pot noodle and cabbage with cheese and sausage recipe ( http://allrecipes.com/recipe/178430/...sausage-pasta/ for basic recipe, make sure to adjust for your own tastes)
and yesterday was just sausage baked with green beans and potatoes with rice.
French dip sandwiches are pretty easy AND tasty too, just buy sliced roast beef and cheese, and make au jus.
Beef stew (or beef and barley soup too) are easy in a crockpot and super good for cold nights.
For more veggies to add in as a thought what about stuffed bell peppers?
Mix hamburger with some kind of ricearoni and tomato sauce and put inside large bell peppers and bake =O

Or you could just make a pintrest and let me send you ALL the recipes you will EVER need XD
-may have a slight pintrest problem-

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 12-20-2016, 11:40 PM Reply With Quote  
-
Hmm, maybe pot roast?
I always just do the McCormick pot roast in the slow cooker.

My husband has fallen in love with this Slow cooker crack chicken recipe.

Speaking of slower cookers, I also made some slow cooker pork chops once. They were pretty tasty.
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...e-1b3701dd838a
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 12-21-2016, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #9  
Spicy vegetable soup. With rice on the side.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-21-2016, 05:46 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
What about ground beef or turkey? Cook until not raw and season. Can make burgers, lettuce wraps, tacos, meatballs, etc.

My staples tend to be fried veggies (often zucchini), usually in just butter, salt and pepper, plus boiled tiny potatoes (I'd rather not deal with peeling and cutting the big guys) and whatever meat item I can stick in the oven or a pan. Stuff is easy to dress up, too, to make it different. Might use soy sauce on the veggies, or cheese on the potatoes, etc.

Latest actual meal attempts have been a rose pasta with chicken, some manner of Korean-esque peanut lettuce wrap, asparagus and squash risotto, and mayo chicken.
Old Posted 12-21-2016, 08:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #11  
In the winter, I'm pretty unoriginal (partly because it's harder for me to get to the store for veggies and stuff and partly because I'm just cooking for me, so it's tough to cook small portions for one) so I mainly just go with cheap frozen pizzas. But when I'm ambitious, I make stuff like chili or taco salad and then eat that all week.
Old Posted 12-21-2016, 06:38 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
-walks around and samples recipes y'all post-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wish there's an item that is a mountain of shit XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
are we bankrupting gizzie

Gizzie, s Questie-->>https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22149
ART SHOP-->> https://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22211Artwork By Glitch
Old Posted 12-21-2016, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #13  
Ohh these sound tasty :o.
Shame I can't eat cooking oil, pepper, or broth without feeling sick x'D.

When it's cold I eat hot things..Noodle soup. Turnip soup. Used to eat congee. I like stuffing a pot of water with rice and veggies together, but that might be a variation of steamed veggies D:

Old Posted 12-21-2016, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Corned beef and cabbage, homemade pizza, chilli, chilli dogs, tacos, Crisped BLT sandwiches from home, casseroles, chicken grilled cheese and tomato basil soup, burgers and fries from home, tortilla soup with chips and queso dip.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 12-21-2016, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #15  
I like crock pot pot roasts in the winter. Easy and yummy.

Also like a chicken dish with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and winter squash, onions, carrots and green beans. Very tasty.
Old Posted 12-22-2016, 12:12 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
My family made coffee jelly and salad for dessert

And for the main we mde spaghetti, carbonara. Pancit and palabok and some meat dishes like korean fried chicken and pork mechado
Old Posted 01-02-2017, 09:06 AM Reply With Quote