Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Icky Sicky [probably TMI]   #1  
Weird place to talk about the sickness that has engulfed my life the past few days, but meh, there are some concerns I am having that I'd like to get off my chest...so prepare for some TMIs :D

To start off with, I am on my period. The weird thing about this is that I also got it two weeks ago. This is the first time it has ever come back so quickly, like..ever.
BACKGROUND: I am taking POP pills (Progesterone) to help with my migraines..hah, if only it actually helped. For the first 11 months I took them, I didn't even have a period, and then on the 12th month it decided to come back full-force and I have been getting them about every other month since then.
Sexual activity wise, we use protection..cause yeah. Only 20 and don't want kids.
** I was reading that implantation bleeding occurs for 1-2 days max and is very light compared to period bleeding. It's been 3 days and I am still bleeding. Not super heavy but period-level enough. **

I've also had two really crappy migraines recently. The first happened about 4-6 days ago and lasted 3 days. It only went away when I drank coffee, as 6 ibuprofen pills weren't really helping. Last night, after work, I got another one that was super horrible this morning. It was so bad I actually went to the store and got Exedrin Extra Strength Migraine relief because I was starting to get nauseous from it D: That helped, and now it is gone.

The worst part about all this is starting yesterday I began having...*tmi part* soupy poopys. AND I STILL HAVE THEM TODAY.

So, like, I am freaking out over what the crap is happening to my body. IDK if it's hormone related or something but UGH. I just can't catch a break.
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 03:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I used to take Advil for my migraines as well, but my friend suggested that I get store-brand acetaminophen (Tylenol) pills and take two whenever I felt any precursors to pain, and that seems to be a lot more effective. Migraine pills are generally acetaminophen + caffeine + aspirin, but caffeine's a bit iffy for me since I often get my migraines at night, and I don't want the aspirin part due to risks of it having adverse effects with my anti-deps (NSAID issues).

My other friends practically swears by Excedrin, but I haven't gotten around to trying that.

And the poop issue is generally normal w periods, in my experience. Have you been eating normally?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-15-2016, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #3  
Advil usually works with them, but these past two have been beyond my original coping. The Exedrin worked, so I definitely think if they come back this bad then I will continue to use it. Caffeine doesn't seem to do much to me unless I drink straight up coffee...then I get really jittery and start feeling like absolute garbage. I don't have to take any other meds besides birth control, so the only side effects I really worry about are the possible injuries to my stomach lining from ingesting pills too much.

Normally when I get my period I never have this problem. I'll have to poo a lot more, but not like...soupy poops, haha. This is the first time it has ever caused me to have this, and especially for two days. It is just alarming since I also got my period two weeks after I already had it.
I think I have been eating the same. I work a lot at the mall, so I usually just eat food court stuff ;<;....but I did eat at the Asian place yesterday and got something spicy, even though I don't like spicy, and I think that might be a big contributor to it. I was feeling awful the night before, though, with stomach pains...so I am really not sure the exact cause of this.
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 03:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
That happened to me once when I forgot to take a pill.

Ultimately though you should call your doctor and just let them know what is going on they may want you to come in or try something else.

I also get a lot of migraines and used similiar methods to deal with them but that really didn't stop them all the time, I'm all about the excedrin xD

Old Posted 12-15-2016, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #5  
Yeah, I was thinking I'd call them if it happens again. I am really bad about taking my pills at the /exact/ same time every day so it might be related to that...I haven't missed any, though.

Just sucks..cause I've missed pills/taken them late plenty of times before but this is the first time it has ever come back with such vengeance D:
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
+1 on Excedrin. It works for my wife.

She's also mirrored your experience; she's been on birth control for a year or so and her period basically disappeared for months before coming back with a vengeance. It settled back down afterward, so that's something to look forward to. The diarrhea is also pretty normal.

Get more fiber in your diet, make sure you're drinking extra fluids to make up for what you're offering up at the porcelain altar, and just push through it. It sucks, but your experience is within the range of normal and you should be fine.

Do keep your doctor in the loop, though.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 05:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #7  
Ahhhhh. I'm glad my symptoms aren't like too freaky, then.
I'm always way too paranoid about my health, ugh. Especially when it is abnormal from what I'm used to dealing with. ;u;

Thanks for the reassurance and sorry for the weird TMI stuff.
Old Posted 12-16-2016, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Gunna update this

I'M PRETTY SURE THE EXEDRIN WAS CAUSING THE TUMMY UPSETS. D:

Because it hit me again a couple days later, and I had used Exedrin that day, as well as the other two days.
Ughhhh.

This is so lame cause now I can't take it for bad migraines anymore unless I want to explode.
Old Posted 12-23-2016, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
That's a thing that is known to happen, yes. I wonder if they make enteric-coated Excedrin; that would help with that problem.

Taking it with food, or with half a glass extra water (warm water is better) both before and after taking it, is supposed to help. Alka-Seltzer works too, since it counters the acidity that causes the upset.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-23-2016, 05:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I usually drank a lot of water with it, but....yeah.

I was also reading about like..rebound migraines and stuff that you can get from taking is so I'm all hesitant to continue taking it, now. ;u;
Old Posted 12-23-2016, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote