Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Rebooting....
Default Posting/bumping policies   #1  
Heyyy guys, sorry for being dumb as I'm sure it's written somewhere, but I am just a little unclear about the policies on double/triple posting and bumping here. I'll present a few scenarios I'm unclear on and hopefully this will help us both. ;w;

1. Example: I have a shop in the proper subforum, and it's fallen off the front page as nobody has posted in it in days. I've already posted in it twice in a row so I don't think I'm allowed to triple post...

Am I allowed to post again to bump it back up, even if I have nothing new to sell?

(My quest thread, hangout, and a couple others are also under this same dilemma!)

If I'm not allowed to post in these to bring them back up, how can we do it? :0 Just subtly try to get people to post in 'em via signature links and whatnots?
deviantART | Ernya | Tumblr | Art Tumblr

ADDYQUEST////backslash

º∆º
sell me yo' runes
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
In the Marketplace you are permitted to post in your thread after it has fallen off the front page or hasn't been posted in for 24 hours. Although all posts must still have some sort of content to be considered non spam, I usually go with "I'm still selling" or "Updated my selling list".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora Karsalia View Post
General Posting Guidelines

[*]"Bumping": It is not permitted to post in a thread only for the purposes of keeping it active. All posts are expected to have relevant content (see "Spam", below).
For everywhere else "bumping" threads is a bit different, I personally think the best way is to get a friend to post in there for you to continue the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #3  
if a club thread falls off of the page and i have posted twice i push it back up
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
It does say in the clubhouse rules that bumping is not allowed(triple posting is only acceptable when setting up a thread and in The Marketplace subforum), from now on just ask a friend to post in there for you.

I do see however the possible need for a clause allowing for bumping a thread if it falls off the page, I will discuss this further with staff.
Quote:

I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #5  
i was told a very long time ago i could but i will reread the rules

edit;
i read the rules and in hangouts if a day has passed you may make a post to generate conversation even if you are the last two posters
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 06-12-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Thanks so much, both of you! c:

I am a dumb when it comes to reading over posts like that and I guess I missed what Chocobo pointed out, and Ashy, I really appreciate the clarification and talking to admins about further clearing things up. 83!

Good to know all of this. I'm much less afraid to bump up a few things here and there. ;w; well not literally.. but.. you know xD

ADDYQUEST////backslash

º∆º
sell me yo' runes
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #7  
Oh i see it now choco, i was looking at the bumping rule not multiple posting :P
Quote:

I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 01:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
The intent of the spam rule, the bump rule, and the multiple posting rule is to ensure that posts have content. That's the ultimate goal here. We don't want to keep you from saying something if you really do have something to say.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 01:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #9  
Ah, okay. :3 Thanks a bunch for that extra bit too. I'll keep that in mind!

ADDYQUEST////backslash

º∆º
sell me yo' runes
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote  
I see you
I was wondering a bit on this my self. But thank you for clearing this all up. Now I know what to do when I open an art shop or selling thread. :3
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote