7 am is way too early !!!
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
So is 7 PM.
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #49763  
being awake is too early? XD

oopsie! the coder for the stardew valley mod i made forgot to mention the warps were wrong and now i think people might get concerned the mod is busted when they cannot get into their homes x''D
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
7 pm is a good time to be awake
unlike 7 am
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #49765  
Any time is not a good time to be awake.
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
well, true
but if you must
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #49767  
if you must 7am is better. the temp is nicer and people haven't been worn down yet and you can have new fresh stuff ^^
Old Posted 09-23-2019, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
might be able to go round my older (YTer) brother's tomorrow, depending on whether we can get permission or not. it's intended for bro to go there and do yter's lawn.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 09-23-2019, 09:14 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #49769  
neat, are you going to hang out or just help your other brother?

also i like your colours there~
Old Posted 09-23-2019, 12:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
7 am, but only if you're pulling an all-nighter and is ready to go to bed
Old Posted 09-23-2019, 01:24 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #49771  
so has anyone here seen/heard of the steven universe movie?
Old Posted 09-23-2019, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I've heard of it.
I've heard loads of good things about it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Steven Universe.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-24-2019, 01:56 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #49773  
oh? may i inquire why?
Old Posted 09-24-2019, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I guess it's just not my type of show?

I'm not a fan of the animation mostly. Although I love the song, 'Stronger Than You'.
I guess it's just not really a plot I'm interested in. It reminds me of Adventure Time, which, again, was a show I didn't really get into.

I feel like a lot of the newer animated shows just don't hit it for me the same way older shows do.

I resonate a lot with some of the episodes of Courage The Cowardly Dog. Particularly the episode, "The Mask". Which deals with domestic violence, sexual assault, 'forbidden' lesbian relationship... I just felt like it showed a lot of "adult" issues, as did quite a few "kids" shows did back then. Although, I do recall hearing about an episode of Steven Universe that dealt with abusive relationships (I think it was between Jasper and Lapis)

I feel like a lot of today's cartoons kinda copy each other in style. Maybe it's because of the flash animation, though?

The last cartoon I really enjoyed watching was The MisAdventures of Flapjack... and I guess Total Drama Island lol

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-24-2019, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #49775  
well there are people who worked on both shows including the creator so i can understand how you'd see the resemblance

steven universe has at least one episode talking about each of those things. assuredly conversations about different types of abuse are one of the big things in the show. mature topics expressed in a way that is not overly traumatic to children and victims is a big part of why i like the show so much and while the movie is more of an introductory primer to the characters than a direct continuation of the story even it a fair bit deeper than expected(i mean it is implied the villain tried to commit suicide before she chose to go take her anger out on strangers and it wasn't played up as a joke or used to cheaply manipulate the audience)

that is totally something i can see, though i've watched a lot of cartoons when i was younger and you can certainly see similar styles between shows of the same era about as far back as they go XD
Old Posted 09-24-2019, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
That's probably it then!

I've heard that Steven Universe does have some really good episodes that handle serious "adult" topics, but makes it understandable for kids. I always appreciate that in a good kids' show. I think it's just the bright, happy colors and the animation that kinda pulls me out of it.
I grew up during that era where cartoons were more dark, had more muted colors... Like Batman: The Animated Series, Teen Titans, Courage The Cowardly Dog, even Powerpuff Girls somewhat. I have always been like... a person who watches shows mostly for aesthetics... but I tend to only keep watching if the shows feature topics and things I like lol

My favorite movie is actually purely so because of aesthetics. The acting is fine, the script.... average. But the sets! The clothing! Oh my gosh! It's so pleasing to the eye lol

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-24-2019, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
& mix it all up, "chocobo noise", *picks ears*, add a tag!, booty, bop it tag it twist it, cho rox sox <3 secret s, cuddle a chocobo, exul fiddled wid deez, feed me plz, gesundheit, gizzie was here :p, i never played ff, i wuuuuv jooo <3, kits a shy cuddly cat, lauv was here, lime in da coconut, oh behave!, percival was here., pull it!, sexy cho cho tymes, sickybooboo thread, tag your it!, ur face r a tag, yeah baby yeah!