Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

~!Halloween Queen!~
Default Rhapsody: A musical adventure   #1  
Has anyone ever heard of this game? Honestly, I'm surprised I hadn't posted a topic about it earlier. Its usually one of the first things I do on a forum. ANYWHO.

Its a game by Atlus/NIS, and its about an ordinary village girl who has the ability to speak to puppets. Her name is Cornet, and she's quite the dreamer. Her one goal in life is to marry the prince of her dreams, and live happily ever after. xD;

And she gets the chance to do so, too. She's met the prince himself, actually, scratch that. She's SAVED by the prince, and then later on winds up entering a contest to become his bride. She wins, but the worst villain in the world ends up turning him to stone, and then its up to her to change him back.

Its a cute little game, definitely girly. But its humorous, and charming. Tactic style gaming, in which you control each puppet you get to join your party, and yourself. Its also a very SHORT game. xDD;

Oh, and did I mention its a musical RPG?

But anyway, has anyone else ever played? Its really hard to find people who have actually heard of it.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Last edited by Batty; 05-22-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 12:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
I've never heard of it, but now that I've had it brought to my attention, as I absolutly love strategy games like that, I'm going to have to go and try it out. What system is it for, and what do you mean by it being a short game? Like less then an hour, or like less then a day?
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #3  
Originally, it was for the PSone. They remade it for the Nintendo DS, though. And it should be fairly cheap. [Round 10 bucks used, or so] Unfortunately, it wasn't a very popular game, soo the other two in the series were never brought over and translated. =[ But playing the first one is completely and utterly worth it. It might be 2D pixels, but the art is gorgeous, the storyline is all witty and funny, and come on? Who doesn't love seeing a woman save her man every once in awhile? xDD;

And I've beaten the game in less than 50 hours. If you stretch it out, and do all the side quests and such [most of them being helping your puppet party attain their dream, so their souls can be reincarnated] its around 60 or so.
Last edited by Batty; 05-22-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Yes, I've played it. I have both the PS1 and the DS versions xD I think they are great because they're different. And the story is downright hilarious xDD
On a side note this is one of the first games made by the people who made La Pucelle and Disgaea too...
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #5  
Oh yeaahh... forgot to mention that. xDD;

BUT YOU'VE PLAYED?! Whose your favorite puppet? Mine, hands down, is Ledgem. Terra's a close second though. But I absolutely adore them all. Even Caroline and Michael... to an extent.

But yes! The same game company is coming out with a carbon copy of the game called Princess Antiphona's Hymn for the PSP. I don't know when it'll be released, if ever, but its like Rhapsody in SO many ways. Even has most of the same monsters.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/08/pr...sical-rpg-for/
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 10:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
-drools- Oh my that looks like a game I will want. As for favorite puppets it has been a LONG time since I played and I only remember the egg brothers and the angel/devil puppets you get near the beginning ^^;
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #7  
Terra and Sharte. <3

And I know! If they won't translate the rest of the Marl Kingdom series, least they can do is Princess Antiphona.
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I love this game! I only have it for the DS though.
What's the difference between PS1 and DS?

~ You can dance if you want too,
You can leave your friends behind.
Because if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine ~
Old Posted 08-04-2011, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #9  
and now i want to play but ps1 games are hard to get^^:
Old Posted 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
Its also for the DS Choco
Old Posted 08-04-2011, 01:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #11  
@Kit Katy, The main difference is the battle style, the PS1 has mini tactical style battles, and the DS has more standard turn based ones. Also the PS1 has English vocals for the songs and the DS has Japanese. As I said way earlier...it's been a long time since I've played so I can't say if the storyline is the same or not.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 08-05-2011, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote