Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default Open Letters Thread   #1  
Over on one of my old forums, there was a thread for open-ended letters, which could be answered, or could just be left to be read.

Dear universe,

I know you've got awesome things planned for me, I just wish you'd hurry up and send them my way. I'm getting really sick of being handed the short end of the stick when I work my butt off to try and better my situation.

No love,

Me.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-26-2014, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I've loved this idea every time I've seen it, and have put it to use on a lot of the sites I've frequented. It really helps to get things off my chest. Although, you should add a disclaimer (as most of the other threads of this nature I've seen) that replies to open ended letters shouldn't be posted in thread. I've seen where it can cause drama, and that was some ugly stuff. But anyway, <3 <3 thanks for bringing this to Tris. :)
World's worst for poofing during a conversation. Sorry.
Old Posted 10-27-2014, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #3  
Well, the reason I didn't is because sometimes, it takes another person's perspective or a suggestion to help things out.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-27-2014, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Not saying that people shouldn't reply, just take it to a PM or something. :)
Old Posted 10-28-2014, 12:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #5  
Parents and Friends,

If you could, I would much rather be punched than yelled at, especially if it is not my fault. In fact, if you want me to avoid you, overreact, and/or not fix whatever it is you are mad about, yell. Physical bruises heal far better than mental.

With self-loathing,
Law
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 10-28-2014, 07:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Dear friend,

I do care. I really do, but it's killing me that you've let yourself wind up in a very toxic relationship, and then to have you say you want to hurt yourself... I know things are rough, but I don't know how to tell you to get help without coming across in the wrong way, which isn't my intention at all. I'm starting to get to the end of my rope, and it's scaring me that you'd be willing to hurt yourself. I want to help, but I just feel so powerless to do anything or to say things you've probably heard a million times before.

Wishing you would actually listen and get help, because I don't know what else to do,

Den

Quote:
Old Posted 10-28-2014, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #7  
On the topic of open-ended letters, responses, etc.

Having a place like this to vent is good. The thread is good. We even used to have a thread like this. However, it was deleted due to drama, and I don't want that to happen again. I want good threads like this to thrive. That's why, as a mod, I am going to step in and add two simple rules to the thread. I give forewarning that the thread will have to be deleted if anybody breaks either of these rules:

1. Please do not answer anybody's posts unless the poster explicitly asks for it. Please take the conversation to PMs if this is the case.
2. Please do not post anything to or about other Trisphee users, even if they are not directly mentioned by name.

Nobody's doing anything wrong right now, but I want to make sure that this thread remains a safe environment for everybody who wants to post here.

Thank you. :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 10-28-2014, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Dear District Manager,

QUIT MESSING MY SYSTEM UP. Unless you've actually worked in our store, which I highly doubt, quit trying to "help" us. We know what we're doing. We're the ones in the store day in and day out. We know how to keep the store going. You only manage to frustrate us to no end.

No love,

one of the underlings.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-29-2014, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
Dear Clients

Just because I offer to let you use my pen and note paper, doesn't mean it now becomes yours forever and you can walk out of the office with it. Maybe if you actually bought something first then I wouldn't mind so much.

Also, when I tell you I can't put insurance in place until you have paid, I really mean it. No, I can't just go ahead and send off proof of coverage and I can bill you later. That is NOT how "pay first" works, at least in my world. Start your own world and give thing away all you like.

I've got my pink hair and I'm ready to go!
Old Posted 10-29-2014, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Dear You,

Thank you for all that you do when it comes to my son. Thank you for helping my husband and I out when we were truly struggling over the last year. I understand that your heart is in the right place, but mind your own effing business. As long as we can come up with our end of the bills, don't you DARE tell us what we do and don't need to have under our own expenses. For once, you are truly over stepping your boundaries.

Sincerely,
The Pregnant One
Old Posted 10-29-2014, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #11  
Dear Corporate,

Screw you. That day you were there? My first day ever of putting Home Decor fabric up on the racks. Of course I was slow. I didn't know what the *beep* I was doing! Now, that stack of boxes I was working my way through before I got put on HD duty? I can knock out at least half a truck load of those in 4 hours. And I'm not talking the smaller loads. I'm talking the 100+ Box loads. So take your "Needs to pick up the pace" and stick it where the sun don't shine.

No love,

The only back room stocker this particular store has currently.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-04-2014, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Dear family,

I'm trying my best please cut me some slack. I don't purposely make myself sick to miss one day of class when I've been attending, doing my homework, and doing really well this semester. I'm only doing the best I can, I can't do any better than that... It also doesn't help that I have depression that none of you seem to understand and just tell me, "Well stop feeling that way." If that were possible, I would do that. Please stop being so insensitive and disappointed so easily over really miniscule things. I already feel alone and rejected enough as it is, I don't want to feel the same way in my own home.

Feeling guilty,
Chi

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 11-04-2014, 08:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #13  
Dear Customer:

Yes there will be a delay because you didn't follow my instructions in sending everything back to me to make sure it was done right. Now you're going to have to take care of it because it is a rush on your part and I have other things I'm working on.

Thank you for your understanding.

Oh, and I'm not going to pay for the express mail you now need to send which we could have avoided if you just followed instructions.

Old Posted 11-04-2014, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Dear Graduate School,

I dislike when you have projects that require me to bother people at work to complete the assignment. Work is paying for my classes but not my time to attend/do homework, and asking others to watch a presentation or provide me with information on their own time is rather unfair to them. Not to mention, I work for a rather large company who has quite a few limits on what sorts of information can be shared about Corporate's methods for accomplishing things, meaning I must review everything presented in light of "Can this be told to others outside the company?" and frequently the answer is "no."

I won't say I don't see the benefits of looking into how my work makes business decisions... I had a rather interesting conversation today about project cost prioritization... But I had to squeeze in 10 minutes into a rather high-level manager's schedule to discuss this information based upon a topic provided yesterday for an essay due tonight. What would I have done if he was on a business trip, or too busy to see me? What would I have done if I were a new hire without the ability to get the recommendation from the person who got me into this manager's schedule in the first place?

I know you provide alternatives if you can't achieve the necessary information, but they're geared 100% towards full-time students fresh out of undergraduate school, and are inaccessible to me without burning vacation days I don't have.

Isn't it possible to find some middle ground?

Signed, me
Old Posted 11-05-2014, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #15  
Dear you,
Yes, I know that you have a thing about wanting to be the one that's in the room when my newest (and hopefully final) little one is finally delivered... Here's the thing; I don't want you there! For my entire life, you've come and gone as you pleased, not caring what was need of you for the life you brought into this world. Yes, you lost one child, but that doesn't mean that you could just give up on her sibling like she'd died as well!! You have always been so quick to jump to the worst possible conclusion about me like I'm YOU! I'm NOT!!! And I don't really OWE YOU ANYTHING! Yes, you've been a godsend to my family over the last 4 years, but when I chose my fiance over you when the nurses told me that only one person could be in the room with me, you lost your sh*t! You told me to have a nice life, that you were gone. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't have let you back after you'd left that time. You volunteer for things (i.e. taking your family to appointments) but when you don't get your way you like to act like you're the only means that these people have to get anywhere or do anything, and that is NOT the case! While yes, you're welcome in my children's lives, don't think that it's only because you're doing for me. It hurts my heart to see you do my son the way you did me as a kid. You can't just show up and "be the hero" then disappear for weeks on end, nor can you be the bad guy. You're a grandparent now. Enjoy my youngins for the role that they're in. Also, I really cannot see you handling the role of housemate for GGB very well. And I think it was really low that you're trying to fill that little old lady's head with the misconception that you're sister was cruel to your mother. You lived with your mother for less than 3 months before you finally said eff it and abandoned her. It was me and my best friend that moved in to take care of Mom when you left. You're unreliable, and when the going gets tough, you disappear. Do you really think you have it in you to take care of an 84 year old woman, who is part of the reason why your mother was a stubborn and willful as she was?? I really hate to see you take over GGB's house, just to turn around and leave her when she needs you most.

--Me.
Old Posted 11-13-2014, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Dear Computer Virus Writer:

Please, next time you decide to be a total asshat, do not include me and my hardware in your asshatery. Thankfully you weren't a malicious prick and only sent a self-replicating CPU hog, but really, this is how you get your kicks? Were you dropped on your head as a child? Did your family treat you poorly. Are you some rich kids who thinks you are being persecuted because someone once said "no" to you?

Try to be a better citizen and if you find you must be mean to people in order to enjoy yourself, unplug your computer and wander off into the back country where only rocks and trees will be subject to your incredible dickishness.

Old Posted 11-14-2014, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote