Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Writer
Default Where in the World is the Criminal Mastermind?   #1  
Detectives, don't get too comfortable with your summer holiday. An urgent message has just arrived at the agency! Come to the mission room for your briefing.

+++ Notorious thief stole the Washington Monument! Last seen escaping to (it seems part of the message was cut off) +++

Alright, so we don't know yet why our unknown criminal stole a building, or what they need it for. But uh... we kinda want it back. So this is your chance to prove your deduction, research skills and world knowledge. Head to foreign countries all over the world in your pursuit, and we are going to pay you with crayons. Unfortunately the agency can't pay premium flights, but even in tourist class you're in for the adventure of your lifetime. Not to mention the wonderful feeling when you're finally able to return the stolen goods. The agency hopes there's only one thief on the loose, but there may be several. Anyway, let's arrest the current one first.

What you need to know:

This will be a chase through at least five different countries (more, if you take a wrong turn somewhere). After that the current game ends.

Your goal is to catch a thief. If you take more than two wrong turns per round, you lose too much time and the thief gets away. You still receive crayons for your effort, but no arrest bonus.

Each correct country you traveled to earns you 2 crayons, which means a total of 10 crayons per person per round can be won from traveling and investigating. Should you manage to arrest the thief (aka arrive at the final country with two or less wrong destinations inbetween) you receive another 10 crayons.

Use the clues to figure out where you need to travel next. At any time you can also choose to pay 1 crayon for an additional hint or to ask a question about the next travel destination, but you're not allowed to outright ask for the name of the country.

Good detectives rely on team work. You're not competing with your fellow gumshoes - you help each other out and try to catch a thief with combined efforts. Discussion in this thread is not only allowed, but also encouraged.

When you have decided where you want to travel, mark your destination in bold or colored font so the agency knows to book you a flight.

The agency uses group discount. Planes to the next destination will take off when at least four people have agreed on a single country; or in case opinions wildly differ, when seven people announced their destinations. That is when you find new clues.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 06:43 PM  
The Magic Number
Uh... Death?

Why is there a huge stone thing in my backyard? What am I supposed to do with it?

...and huh, what do you mean with RUN!?
Death's mule librarian. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 06:44 PM  
Writer
Default   #3  
Well, you wanted to contribute to the event, right? See, I got this lovely red coat and matching hat for you, so you can just-
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 06:46 PM  
The Magic Number
Hrmph. That's not how I meant it. What? Looking for a great actress? Aww, now you're making me blush ^^;

Fine, fine. I'll do it. Let me just rehearse and play a random stranger first.

*looks around* Ahem. A thief, you say? Yes, yes! I've seen a thief. She ran that way... *points to the airport* ...and she said something about a metal concert she wanted to attend. She even dropped a flyer, which I have right here - oh, wait. Why are there dinosaurs on it? And that stain right here... hm. Smells like tar.

Do you think this could help you, detectives?
Death's mule librarian. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 06:54 PM  
Writer
Default   #5  
It better does, because the game is open and the chase is on!
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 07:28 PM  
Jellosexual
Ok so we're going to country with dinosaurs! Easy!
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 07:30 PM  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #7  
"Agent McBwueEyes weporting for duty!"
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 07:32 PM  
Writer
Admit it, you've always wanted to see dinosaurs rocking the stage.

Old Posted 08-15-2018, 07:49 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
Carmen Sandiego!! :D I mean great Criminal Mastermind cosplay!

Y'all in... Finland?

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 09:25 PM  
Rebooting....
The LeBrea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?
Last edited by Witchchylde; 08-16-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 09:28 PM  
Jellosexual
Default   #11  
I also vote Finland
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 09:57 PM  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Derpy squints at the flyer/clue for a long time, then finally nods. "We're going to Finland!"
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Last edited by Derpy McBlueEyes; 08-16-2018 at 05:31 AM.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 10:09 PM  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #13  
I also think it's the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles, California, United States.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 11:29 PM  
The Magic Number
Detectives, remember: if you have decided for certain on your destination, mark it bold or colored (or both, like bluebird) so we know you actually want to go there and aren't just discussing possibilities.

In the meantime we bought you some ice cream to sweeten your wait time. Don't worry, it doesn't taste like tar. I mean, who on earth would do this anyway. Tar... ice cream!?
Old Posted 08-16-2018, 04:50 AM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #15  
And here I was going to say she was over in the butter thread.

Finland I believe it is!
Old Posted 08-16-2018, 05:18 AM  
Jellosexual
Let's go to Finland
Old Posted 08-16-2018, 10:49 AM