Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default   #33  
For my original intentions, Obsidian was correct. However, I realize my wording of the question was vague enough that Death by Mirrors'answer could be rationalized, as well.

For those curious, I meant currently, which would be Damian Wayne and the four 'graduates' from the We Are Robin story. I didn't take alternate universes or Robins that moved on to other names into account. I also don't count Red Robin (Timothy Drake) as a Robin solely because he has stated he chose that name so he wouldn't be considered a Robin.

Old Posted 05-08-2018, 02:53 AM  
On in to the future
Next question up!

Old Posted 05-08-2018, 02:56 AM  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #35  
Sweet. I knew there was a reason my OCD sticks me to even and multiple of 5 numbers.

Next question.... Good one.
Well, Deadpool would have died without his. But then again he's an anti-hero....
Ok, you have me on this one, lol.

I know a few who could die but not would die. Hrm...
Iron Man
Cyborg

Eh... let's go with Spiderman because had that spider not been a mutation, he probably would have died.

I can't think of anyone else. >->
3 guesses ok? X]
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 05-08-2018, 01:53 PM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Wolverine - No way could his body not reject his skeleton without the healing factor.

Daredevil - Hard to call this a certainty, but if he suddenly lost his ability to "see", I'm sure he would die quickly.

Aquaman - But only if he was underwater at the time he lost them.

Flash - In the middle of running and his power stops, that would probably result in several broken bones leading to death.

The Thing - If the rocky skin didn't immediately go away with the rest of his powers, he'd be crushed.

Except for Wolverine, these are all pretty conditional deaths though >_>

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 05-08-2018, 02:45 PM  
On in to the future
Default   #37  
Just a bit longer until I call the time! One hour after Serra Britt's post.

Old Posted 05-08-2018, 03:15 PM  
On in to the future
As neither of you could come up with five, I'm afraid no one got any points for the question itself. However, you both got five points for trying!

Old Posted 05-08-2018, 05:37 PM  
Jellosexual
Default   #39  
S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department), is the intelligence and counter-terrorism agency responsible for protecting the Earth from extraterrestrial threats (its HQ is even in space).
Old Posted 05-08-2018, 08:05 PM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
As neither of you could come up with five, I'm afraid no one got any points for the question itself. However, you both got five points for trying!
I think both of us would be interested to know what 5 (or more) you were thinking of Lee XD

As for the new question, unfortunately as I am not really familiar with SWORD, I don't have anything to add to mdom's answer.

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 05-08-2018, 10:21 PM  
Writer
Default   #41  
Yeah, I counted five in Serra's answer. Of course some aren't definite and immediate death, so in theory I can also say "Superman will die if he lost his power to fly while he's up in the air" or "The Human Torch will die if he's engulfed in flames at the moment". Plus anyone who got their superpowers from radioactivity would've been just as likely to get cancer instead of mad skillz, but I take it as a given every hero first needs to acquire powers for this question to count.

So out of curiousity, what heroes were you thinking of? I'm gonna say Deadman is pretty sure to be screwed the moment he loses his powers, and same for Spawn. Actually anyone who's dead to begin with, because yeah, I do consider still walking around afterwards part of their power (even though that subject can be debated).
Old Posted 05-09-2018, 04:28 AM  
On in to the future
Yes, for the purposes of the question, the assumption was they had already acquired said powers, and it was the act of losing the powers themselves that would kill them, rather than conditional deaths.

Deadman was indeed on the list! (I'm not as knowledgeable with Spawn; I thought he just clawed his way out of Hell, or something like that?) Deadpool, who I do count as a hero for this question because it still applied during his brief stint as one (he did make the Avengers, even, at one point). Wolverine was, as well. The adamantium would eventually poison him, and even if it didn't, the weight would slowly crush his diaphragm and cause microfractures throughout his bone structure. Cable would die, too, because of the TO virus, depending on where in his life we're looking. Spirit was my final choice, for the same reason as Deadman.

Did that address all issues?

Last edited by Lee; 05-09-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old Posted 05-09-2018, 11:52 AM  
On in to the future
Default   #43  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra Britt View Post
As for the new question, unfortunately as I am not really familiar with SWORD, I don't have anything to add to mdom's answer.
You can simply repeat/reword it if you think it's as correct and thorough as you can manage. They'd still get more points if the answer is correct.

Old Posted 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM  
Writer
Actually he convinced one of hell's rulers to let him back to earth after his death, with a necroplasm body (while his actual human body still rots in the grave). So take away that necroplasm and the guy is pretty much screwed.
Spirit and Cable I'll have to google, but yup it clears things up.

And I think mdom is indeed correct, but I'll give Serra a chance to reword it first, as she posted before me and we both would just copy someone else.
Old Posted 05-09-2018, 03:05 PM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #45  
Thanks for the answer on question 5, Lee :)

S.W.O.R.D. is run by Abigail Brand and has a space station for it's base of operations, known at the Peak.

It was also in a video game. In 2009, a game showed it as an alternate universe version of S.H.I.E.L.D. and was evil instead of good.

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 05-09-2018, 03:31 PM  
Writer
S.W.O.R.D.'s main objective is to save the world from any attacks and threats by extraterrestrial life forms, as opposed to human enemies. Their female leader is half alien herself, and the mission base is located in space.
Old Posted 05-09-2018, 03:57 PM  
On in to the future
Default   #47  
Ladies, Gentlemen, and otherwise defined! We have a tie for 100 berries between mdom and Death by Mirrors! You'll get the berries you earned already, and there's no time limit for the tie-breaker, so I'll also set up the next round. As a refresher, tie-breakers are done differently than the normal rounds. You need to find a picture that best defines the theme of the round, in this case: Superheroes. It's not required, but I do recommend that you send your links to me privately to keep it fair.

Old Posted 05-09-2018, 09:12 PM  
Jellosexual
*sends selfie*
Old Posted 05-10-2018, 01:15 PM