Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default   #17  
She closed her eyes, seeming not to notice that he had spoken for a time. This place certainly felt different from what she was use to. After a moment she opened her eyes and looked over at him, "I am Nelda...but most people just call me Ghost."

She made a slow spin before sighing, "I...am assuming that we will need to find a town." The girl did not seem to want to leave this place, but without knowing anything about the area they needed to find out what they could.

((not at all. ^_^))
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-28-2010, 06:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"Ghost huh? I can see why." he replied wondering if she dyed her hair that color. Suede himself had dyed a strand of his hair white. He sighed, "yeah and I didn't exactly get an A plus in camping last time."

Suede picked himself off the ground brushing off the dirt and grass. "Which means we better find high ground or a river. But then we won't know which way we should follow it...great situation i dragged you into." Suede stretched his arms casually but nonetheless he sounded apologetic.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #19  
She shook her head slightly, "Do not apologize. You are no more at fault then I am." She raked her fingers through her hair as she looked around again, "Well, your guess is as good as mine. With any luck we will find some sort of trail...something that might be frequently traveled."

Ghost tilted her head slightly, and picked a direction seemingly randomly. "I think I can lead us to water."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((We never decided on what this world would be like. Is it going to be medieval-y? What other races could there be than humans? Afterall no humans existed here until they were hunted and thrown in here, or born from the hunted.))

"hmm so you saying that thing probably attacked us because we can do magic?" Now that Suede thought of it that did make a lot of sense. Good head on that girl. He nodded trusting her to lead them. She obviously was good at water based magic. Suede had some connection to the air but for the most part he was better of with fire and electricity. For a moment he dispaired over how useless they would be in all but a fight til he remembered with electricity he could power a battery indefinitely. Such as say...his mp3 player. Without hesitation he had it out and was bobbing his head with the tunes.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #21  
((I think medieval fantasy type setting could be fun. Probably with all the creatures one would expect from a high fantasy, sound good to you?))

"It's possible. It's also possible that we were in the wrong place at the wrong time." She lead on and it was some time before she noticed that he was listening to music. Her gaze swept back to him and she raised an eyebrow questioningly. In her mind, it was best that they figure out where they were before they worried about such luxuries, but she could not blame him for wanting to be distracted for a time.

Her own attention turned back to the task at hand, and before long she could hear the trickling of water, and something else. Was that...the laughter of children? She moved as quietly as she could, peeking through the heavily leaved tree limbs and before them was spread a farm.

"What...what are they wearing?" She tilted her head slightly as she took in the garments. Their clothing was nothing like theirs. It put her in mind of fairy tales she use to read.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 09-28-2010, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"feh, the worst timing." he responded not noticing her questioning look to his headphones. Suede peeked to what she was referring and wondered about their clothes as well. It was almost straight out of a Fairy tale. Some variation he saw for example there were women here who wore pants. Just a tiny variation...

"I hope they speak our language." Suede said quietly. However in response to his question he felt something hold against his neck while someone spoke with an irish accent.

"Aye we do laddie but yer not from 'round here so we must be puttin' ya in the jail til the mayor see yah." Suede complied. It was hard to resist when a sword lie against your neck.
Old Posted 10-03-2010, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #23  
She turned slowly to them, her pale eyes wide at the sight of a weapon, "No, we are not from here. Would you mind, however, telling us where we are sir? We are a bit," Ghost paused trying to find the word before settling for one, "lost." The girl shifted from one foot to another as she looked at the man, "I do not intend to resist, I just wish to know that."

Her hands were held up to her sides to show that she meant them no harm, and had no weapons. She could not help but notice the sword that was still pointed toward her companion though, "Please, lower the sword, we will not resist you. We truly do not mean any harm."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-03-2010, 04:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((gah I am terrible with accents xD; ))

"ah a good mannered lass she is." he said pulling his sword away. "Call me Riley, didn't see than name coming I bet." he laughed "Yer in a world full of magic and judgin by yer clothes I assume magic is was yah practice?" The thick red-haired man made a motion to his companions who then pulled out two cuffs.

"We do not nuttin bad be falling ye but yah see not all wizards in your situation be the kindly sort." He then gestured to the cuffs for the two to willing put their wrists in them. Suede did not like this and every inch of him wanted to fight back. But the men in front of him could not be idiots. They probably were prepared even if he made that choice. Grudginly he looked at them then to Ghost to see if she agreed they had no other choice.
Old Posted 10-03-2010, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #25  
She held her wrists out for the cuffs to be placed around them. They were slender and delicate looking. "Nelda is my name." She glanced at Suede from the corner of her eyes. The girl was not sure how much to reveal. These men seemed to know so much though. A world of magic? The idea thrilled her, but it also terrified her.

Being so used to having to hide who she was, the girl was not sure how she would feel if she did not have to. She took a deep breath before looking back to the men, "H-how did you know about us. though?" Ghost was suddenly wary.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-03-2010, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Just after Ghost introduced herself by her real name he put forth his, "I'm Suede." and followed suit allowing his wrists to shackled. A moment of slight panic came over him and the wonderful auras of magic he could sense around him suddenly just died.

Riley noticed Suede's sudden demeanor changed but said nothing of it. He and his companions lead them towards the village. People curiously gathering to see the new people. "Aye very full of magic! If you did not already know some ye wouldn't be here. The reaper thinks sending yah to his realm kills yah. Luckily it living, breathing. Unlucky for you we are not so advanced as yer world and some newcomers like to take advantage of the "primitive folk" they think us to be."

In no time they were at a church. Riley led them into a building next to it but not adjoined to the main building. "Keep yer asses planted in here. I'll do me best to get ye on the mayor's good side."
Old Posted 10-03-2010, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #27  
Ghost nodded, though there was more then a little fear in her own eyes at the sudden feeling of the magic leaving her. She sat down on the floor of the building they were in. Even in the world she was from she found the floor more comfortable, "So, the Reaper was that shadow thing I suppose. Interesting."

((Sorry for the short, lame post))
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"huh? Why is that interesting? So now we know it has a name. I'm just thankful they didn't bother confiscating our stuff." Suede had put his mp3 away when they started towards the village and still hadn't taken it back out.
Old Posted 10-03-2010, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #29  
She had the look of someone that was trying to work something out, "It's interesting because we may very well be able to find more out about the thing. Perhaps, if we are diligent, we can find it's connection to this place and use it to help us save other magic users rather then trying to kill them. I'm sure that at least some of them have been killed in the transition to this world for one reason or another."

She leaned back against the wall as she looked over at him, "It also helps to explain why it was after you, and possibly me. It could feel our power. It has a way of finding people like us. Even if the thing doesn't know where it's actually sending us, it can feel us."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-03-2010, 08:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((I was so tempted to have the mayor call her Zelda lol))

Suede listened as Ghost voiced her deep thoughts on the matter. He didn't think about that and hell he wouldn't sit by to have other people die. What she was proposing sounded crazy though. First they'd need information, and for that they need access to them. Or if the people of this world hadn't accumulated knowledge enough they needed the time to do it. It seemed more of a life-long quest now. But then quest or job it could pretty much be the same here.

"The thought that it could come here for us is chilling. Magic did nothing to it." Suede agreed, "But it found us because we used magic in a place that had hardly in mana at all.

"Your friend makes a point young lady...uh Nelda was it?" he asked trying to remember. Suede turned to the voice to see an old man "No sense in causing fright when there is no threat to us from the Reaper. But you are very observant. I like that. Safe to say you're not here to terrorize this world. You're free to go."

Just like that the jail doors opened and a man was moving in to remove the cuffs. "What? Just like that?" he asked surprised at the old man, and probably the mayor if he had that authority.
Old Posted 10-03-2010, 09:50 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #31  
She looked at the man and stood up with a smile, "Thank you. What I was meaning is that, if it has some attachment to leave things on this world, then perhaps we could use that to our own advantage here and find other people through it."

The girl blushed a little as she found she had a little trouble explaining what her intent was. "Think of the lives we could save in the our world, and who knows how many others, if we can simply use the Reaper ourselves?" She knew what it was like to have to hide her power, and she knew what would have happened had she not.

((That would have been to funny. Had you not pointed it out, I never would have noticed the resemblance.))
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-03-2010, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((hehe, what would her reaction have been?
I can't think of a name I'm bad at them. >.<))

"That's a great power to be trifling with." Suede warned "I want to learn more about this world, it was kind of boring that our people on Earth already understand all the basics and now only nerds could explore new things...oh speaking of what do you guys call this world?"
Old Posted 10-03-2010, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote