Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

*twitch*
Default Dragonlance   #1  
So one of my absolute favorite series are the Dragonlance books.
I really hope someone else has heard of them besides me. >.<

I really enjoy reading them, and I have started collecting them as I find them in used bookstores. I haven't even read half of what's out there, but I know I'll get them all read eventually. xD They aren't a very hard reading level, so they're easy to get through. I would say a upper high school reading level.

So, all you fans (or maybe not fans):
1.Do you like the Dragonlance books? Why or why not?
2.Discuss your favorite books and why you like them.
3.Discuss your favorite characters and why you like them.
4.Discuss anything else related to Dragonlance!

(Try not to give away too much plot, in case someone is reading through them and doesn't want any spoilers! You can always put things in spoiler tags if you are unsure. :3 )

My answers:
1. I really enjoy them, if you couldn't tell from the previous comments I made. xD
2. I have so many favorites! I enjoy all the Chronicles and Legends books, along with any that Raistlin is in.
3. Raistlin is my all time favorite. He is such an intriguing character and I enjoy reading about how he changes throughout his life. Sturm is a second favorite because he is so noble and devoted to his cause.
4. Mina freaks me out! I enjoyed the War of Souls books with her in them, but the Amber ones are kind of creepy. I started reading them again but I couldn't get very far into it.
I have to leave for good now. Giving away my stuff to random people.[/COLOR]
Old Posted 01-12-2011, 11:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee

I adore this book series! This and Harry Potter are what I grew up on. I remember the first book I got was Dragons of Autumn Twilight for my 11th birthday. I fell in love.

I love this series, not only because I grew up on, but just for the writing style and the character development. I've recently read the Forgotten Realms Drizzt Do'Urden series, and while it was good, I still love DragonLance even more. There is humor in DragonLance, in a way that doesn't spoil the adventure and fantasy of the setting. Tasslehoff and Fizban find ways to not only be the comedy, but have important roles in the plot.

I think my favourite character is Fizban. After that I'm quite fond of Tasslehoff and Raistlin.

I'm going to put the rest in spoilers.

I'm a mule.

Visit my Quest?
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 03:08 PM Reply With Quote