Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default   #33  
She nodded, "Of course, I agree, but think of it? It's an interesting possiblity." She looked to the man, curious what his response would be. "This world. Well, I don't know what it's original name was, but we call it Camia."

"That is a lovely name. So, is there someplace that we might be able to gather knowledge of the area, or is it best if we just speak with people and find things out that way?"
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-03-2010, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((I'm talking waaay to much lol))

The old mayor chuckled. "Your enthusiasm is refreshing, newcomers have tendency to land near the cities instead of way out here."

Their Irish captor from earlier jumped in now appearing from seemingly nowhere despite his size. "But yah don't just get access to stuff or attempt to save lives just like that. Even if our humble village could provide ye with the text."

The mayor cleared his throat. "He's right. Imagine you've never had a job and your parents kicked you out right after you graduated. You have no experience and hardly any knowledge other than the obvious. Fortunately we can help. I'm on good terms with a school headmaster, he'll be at the city Sonfra for a festival tomorrow. Riley please see if the carvan's left."

Suede really liked this mayor. Easy to forgive and quick to help out. "Really? I don't know how we could repay you for this kindness."
Old Posted 10-04-2010, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #35  
She looked at the man in surprise. Where had he come from? Her attention moved towards the mayor again, "That would be wonderful!" The girl could not hide her excitement. "We have to do something for you though."

Ghost looked at Suede, "Perhaps we can help if we have a chance to learn more."

((It's okay. sometimes I forget to respond ooc to people. I get caught up in the post can it just slips my mind.))
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Suede nodded, "Yes a debt we'll pay with time Ghost." he said giving her a nudge. The mayor meanwhile had started writing some things. "Yes you'll have to know how to contact Headmaster Korin...and maybe a few notes here about currency" he paused...then started scribbling more on the paper.

"I hope we can still read the paper after he's done." he whispered to his friend.

((2 more pictures of Suede were added. I forgot about the gift art I got for him. And yup he has arachnophobia lol))
Last edited by Jurinjo; 10-05-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old Posted 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #37  
The girl nudged him back, not really understanding what it had meant in the first place. Then her attention turned to the mayor as he seemed to talk to himself. The man certainly was filling the paper with a lot of information. Which made Suedes comment all the funnier. She could not stifle the giggle when he whispered and immediately looked very embarrassed at the outburst. Her pale skin suddenly turning a light pink.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-05-2010, 08:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((meh posting is getting hard. Let's shove them on the caravan. What would we like to have happen? We could get there safely and wrestle with understanding a different society. Or have bandits attack...or worse a necromancer and we end up walking a little aimlessly til we come upon a camp of elves or maybe royal nights?))

Suede couldn't help smiling widely, it was taking all he had not to also laugh at how easily she was embarrassed.Her hair helped emphasize her now flushed skin.

Riley entered, "come on now, the caravan is being impatient." The mayor seemed a little disappointed to not finish what he was writing but it would have to do as he handed the paper to Nelda. She seemed more capable of the two anyway. Riley in turn wasted no time practically shoving them out the door and on a wagon....with animals. Hurray!
Old Posted 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #39  
((Oh so many options. Hrmmmm.....I think getting attacked and having to wander around for a while sounds pretty fun.))

Nelda was taken by surprise as she was directed suddenly after the door, the mayors paper clutched in one hand, and forced to sit on a wagon where animals were kept. She did not like the latter part. It was not that she did not like animals, she just preferred not to be trapped on a wagon with them for who knew how long.

The girl sat as far away from them as she could, putting herself in the corner of the thing, and her eyes were on Suede. She did not know him well, but he was the only thing that was even vaguely familiar to her in this world. There was no telling what awaited them ahead, but she knew she wanted Suede nearby for as long as she could have him there.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-06-2010, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((hehe many options like a restaurant menu! D: I usually end up picking something I'm familiar with even though I'm tempted to try something new.))

Suede gagged "ugh! Someone farted." His nose retreated to the safety of his shirt. Once again he pulled out his mp3 player, only hiding the wires in his hair like he had done so many times during classes. They'd been in the wagon for awhile, even looked over the paper. But now even that was no longer that kept his brain busy.

"Oh I forgot" he started "Would you like to listen to some songs?" he offered Ghost on earphone only to jerk towards the front of the wagon as it came to an unexpected stop. The animals were immediately alert and uneasy. The noise outside the high pitched wood fence keeping animals in wasn't encouraging either. "No-no please just take what you want!"

"But if we did that you would tell the nice men at the next outpost wouldn't ya?" another man's voice said. "Bandits!" he whispered to Ghost. Suede popped his head up to survey the odds fighting them and winning. They'd have to fight anyway. If what Suede heard was right they were planning on killing everyone anyway.
Old Posted 10-07-2010, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #41  
She pushed herself to her knees. The girl hesitated in peeking her head over the post. Her hair, she though, might be a give away. After a while she did though, and immediately there was a warning about people in the wagon.

Some of the bandits made their way towards the wagon calling out to them, trying to get them to come out of it. Immediately the air around them became cold. She wove the little bit of moister in the air to turn them into small, sharp crystals of ice that she hurled at them.

((Yeah, it's nice to make unexpected twists sometimes to though.))
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-08-2010, 07:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((mhmm -nods- This is a place where magic users are banned and chances are even bandits have some magic.))

He followed her lead as soon as he could see what she was doing. Immediately before her attack he hopped over the other side of the wagon. The bandits were reacting to the unexpected attack as reached the horses. Not entirely a good thing as they were also riled up and may trample him. He moved quick and low. A sneak attack on them would be best.

One bandit had his dominant arm put out of commision, the others may have been hindered by the shards of ice but no enough for them to return fire...literally. 'crap magic users were banned here it makes sense they can use it too!' Suede popped out seeing one injured behind a barrel and 3 others. One which wasn't using a spell.

Just as he practiced he shaped his energy into a compressed ball of fire in a mere 2 seconds and sent it flying. It shot away from him harder than he expected and veered off target. However it still reached close enough and once it hit the compressed ball exploded. It didn't pack the punch of C4 for but the guys went flying! The poor tree splintered. Greedy red flames licked the injury, growing little by little.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #43  
((Hehe, yeah. Makes it really interesting. <3))

She ducked down, quickly forming a shield of ice in front of her that melted bit by bit onto the wooden floor boards of the cart she was in. She had to get out of there, and the explosion she heard gave her the opportunity she needed. It had scattered them, thrown them, and in general made them ignore her for the time being.

With the opportunity she had she bolted off the cart and ran to hide behind something else. She did not, however, notice the man she ran into. One of the bandits. Her eyes widened and she took a step back, preparing another spell. It was to late though and she was laid out on the ground, unconscious.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
The shock from the amount of force his spell had broke when he saw something white fall to the ground. "Ghost?! Ghost!" Suede paniced running to her. Any bandit that started to face him he threw a bolt at them. It may have worked it may have been ineffective. The young man reached her...and the man who got her. Another bolt stretched out from his hand but was deflected right back into him.

"Squirt, " he laughed "did you think no one else here used magic?" Suede felt a sudden pain in his side as the man kicked him. Suede growled at him with eyes full of anger. "And did you think I never got practice before being thrown here?" His aggressor became a pillar of human flesh aflame. His screaming was horrifying but Suede focused on one thing and that was getting Ghost and running away.

It took awhile to get her in his arms, but that stunt apparently kept the others from gaining on him until he caught speed. Mana bolts hit the trees and near his feet. But they finally got away unscathe. His legs were already wobbly turned to jelly. Sending both of them to the forest floor. Suede breathed hard. They stopped following at least...
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #45  
She had started to open here eyes after the initial shock of being hit as hard as she had been. All she could see was the world passing above her and then next thing she knew they were falling. Ghost screamed as they fell and she rolled a couple of feet away from Suede.

With a grunt she pushed herself to her hands and knees and looked over at Suede, "Are you okay?" There was more then just a hint of concern in her voice and in a moment she was on her feet and by his side trying to ensure that he was not hurt. Her head ached from whatever had hit her, but she was not concerned with that. Suede had gotten her away from the men, she could see that. He had likely saved both of their lives.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((sorry if I assumed too much with body language. It just seems natural to me that if someone gets near and asks that question they're touching the person's arm and looking at their face))

Suede was still too tired and out of breath to even want to see if he could answer with a single syllable. So he shook his head. When she had reached for his arm he felt it and knew she was alive. But had the others in the caravan been so lucky? Some tears reached his eyes as the thought about it. A coward he had been to save her and leave them to fate like that. He still didn't speak but looked back trying to see the caravan uphill. Failing that Suede stood still weak, in the knees, like a meerkat.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #47  
As he stood, she did as well, helping to steady him. He did not look as though he would really be able to stand that well without support, so she held his hand without really thinking about it and looked back towards the Caravan. Her voice was quiet, a whisper, "What do we do, Suede?"
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"I-" his voice cracked, quickly he cleared his throat and tried again. "I'm too scared to see what happened to them. But I heard from the bandits there's some outpot nearby. We should try to find that." Suede was grateful for her help. He stretched his knees trying to exert his will on them to be strong. A walk in a forest wasn't so easy as walking a dirt path, bumpy as it was.
Old Posted 10-11-2010, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote