Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #17  
It was sooooo gooood...

My only comment is... I can't believe it's all over :/, I'm going to miss the movie Franchise.

Old Posted 07-16-2011, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident Crazy Cat Lady
Definitely :C
I was sad when I was done with the books, and now the movies are done.

But we have Pottermore to look forward to *u*

( ´ ▽ ` )ノ ★

*:・゚ ✧*:・゚

new comic by pachi.
go check it out. ñ 3ñ
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Tangible Badassery
Default   #19  
There is always Pottermore...

And all I can say about the movie is...Yes. Just yes.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Pottermore looked kinda boring to me :/
I rather have a MMORPG, I always wanted to make my own wizard and explore Hogwartz.

Old Posted 07-16-2011, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Tangible Badassery
Default   #21  
I would SO enjoy a HP MMOrpg. For real.

Isn't Pottermore just like...interactive reading?
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident Crazy Cat Lady
Yesss I would like that, too.

Not much about Pottermore has been revealed yet but I think I will like it anyway. Rowling did say there would be a bunch of new text, so I'm always eager to learn more! X]

( ´ ▽ ` )ノ ★

new comic by pachi.
go check it out. ñ 3ñ
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #23  
I saw it today!

It was so excellent.

And Alan Rickman really proved how great of an actor he is. In all the other movies, he's pretty much just been "grr, sternface" but in this one he actually got to do a whole lot more. The transition of Snape from villain to sympathetic character was instantaneous, thanks to his skills.

Overall, the movie was a fitting close to a great part of my childhood. I still have the books and the DVDs and the writing/reading influence that Harry Potter left on me, but everything being over is very bittersweet.

Old Posted 07-20-2011, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I saw it the day it came out.

And Griphook got what he friggin deserved.

There were, of course, some problems with the movie. They can't get everything perfect, but it was way better than the Prisoner of Azkaban...which almost any book movie is better than that in my mind.

But it might not be over. She might write more books. -.- About the new generation -.-
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 02:55 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #25  
I never really had much sympathy for Snape until this movie. Alan Rickman is amazing.
(I didn't ever like James either. So that might've helped me like Snape better too.)

I don't want books about Albus Severus! D:< I'd like to hear more about the characters' adult lives though.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Seeing Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) looking only a max of 7 years older....19 years later....kind of ruined the idea of stories about their adult lives.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about the Malfoy's though :3
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident Crazy Cat Lady
Default   #27  
Rowling said she wouldn't write any more books after this, but that was a while ago. XD I haven't heard much of what she's said about it, but with all the reception the books/movies are getting, who knows.. she may change her mind.

It won't have the same magic as the 7 books gave us, Voldemort/Death Eaters are also over so what else can happen?

I'd love more books, anyway. ; _;

( ´ ▽ ` )ノ ★

new comic by pachi.
go check it out. ñ 3ñ
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote  
I have yet to see it, but I plan to.
o u o

I'll be sad to see it end...
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 09:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #29  
I wouldn't love more books. I think she should've stopped right before the last chapter of the last books-you know...the one that pairs everyone up? And if she writes any more books and decides she'd rather have different pairing...it's going to fail....unless it is Harry having an affair with Malfoy. That would work for me :3
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Unknown
I thought the movie was good for being a book-movie. BUT, I had a HUGE problem with the ending.
There was no "Omg... It's over!" moment, and they didn't show everyone praising Harry.
They skipped it and instead went straight to having all the characters just smile and nod at him.
I am also just generally disappointed with the actual Harry/Voldemort battle scene. It just was no where near as epic as it should have been.
It was like they used up all their time on the first 2 hours, and then just rushed through the ending.

Overall, I liked it, but the end wanted to make me puke.

The only thing that made me REALLY happy was that the movie hinted that Luna and Neville were going to be a couple which the book didn't do at all.
I LOVE them as a couple. <333

EDIT: And for Rowling making more books, I doubt it. She went from being poor to being a billionaire. Why would she make more? Even if she made a whole new series that was completely different, it wouldn't have the same luster and fan-base as Harry Potter did.

Found this old gem from the Taskal War xD

Please, call me Annie. <3

My saved avatar back before we had items with color and things glitched when you equipped them.... o-o
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...atarglitch.png
Last edited by Anonymous; 07-22-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #31  
I didn't notice the hint of Luna and Neville being a couple at all. o.o;;
but that might be because I looked it up online and found out that Luna supposedly ends up marrying Rolf Scamander, the grandson of Newt Scamander, author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I thought I would be upset with Luna marrying anybody other than Neville, but given her fascination with odd creatures, I'm kinda okay with it.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-22-2011, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Unknown
Yeah, near the end when Harry was going to the woods to see Voldemort, Neville said something like, "We'll if I'm going to die, I have to go tell Luna how I feel!" Or something like that. And then at the VERY end (not the 19 years later part.. before that) when they showed Neville and Luna sitting on steps together and either hold hands or I imagined it.

I SWEAR they held hands or something. XD Or she at least SMILED at him. This is the only picture I could find though. D:

EDIT: AHA!!! FOUND THE EXACT QUOTE!!!
"Have you seen Luna? I'm mad about her! About time I told her, since we're both probably going to be dead by dawn."
:DDDDD

Found this old gem from the Taskal War xD

Please, call me Annie. <3

My saved avatar back before we had items with color and things glitched when you equipped them.... o-o
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...atarglitch.png
Last edited by Anonymous; 07-22-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 08:54 PM Reply With Quote