Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Aigoo!
Default time lines in tv shows   #1  
I am watching a Korean TV show called Yi San and there wear there is no sense of tine in it what so ever.

This group of people take a 3 month trip to China and this takes place 300 years ago so they walk and take a boat there. so three months+ for them and at the same time only a few days seem to go by in Korea.
THEN all of a sudden 4 years have gone by! When the way they play it out it seems more like it's only been a few months.

Don't you just hate when that kinda thing happens in TV it's so confusing!
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
When it's an ongoing series it's nice for time to have some meaning. A bunch of standalone episodes with the same characters but not related plots it's not as important though.
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #3  
I've noticed this a lot in HBO's Game of Thrones. Having read the book, I know when a month goes by, but for viewers who don't have luxury, it must look like people are traveling thousands of miles in a day or two. They really don't do a very good job of conveying the passage of time.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I find time often tends to be hard to follow in movies and such when details like that aren't supplied in the handy little type that comes across screens at relevant moments. Watching Shrek 4 it took some discussion on our part to figure out whether or not it had only been one day, and often I find stuff that feels longer sometimes is supposed to only occur in a day or so. I think part of it has to do with film conditions. Some scenes may be lighter than others and make it look like it's a different time of day, so a light scene followed by a dark scene followed by another light scene (sunny versus cloudy for intance) can make a film seem like it supposed to take place over longer than what it actually is. I guess that's when directors and such don't pay quite enough attention to continuity when filming over multiple days or at different times on the same day.
Old Posted 05-29-2011, 04:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Charmed Forever
Default   #5  
The Simpsons. They've been the same age forever! xD
Old Posted 06-01-2011, 03:22 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That's what usually make a sitcom ;). What would happen if Bart suddenly stopped being 10 and grew out of saying "Aye carumba!"?
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote