Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Blue Fish
Default Concerts   #1  
Ever been to one? Who's? Who do you wanna see in concert? Y'know, anything concert-related here.

Personally I've seen MCR and ended up liking their opening band more (wasn't an MCR fan in the first place) and I've seen Disturbed and was THRILLED.

Hooopefully I'll be seeing Disturbed in March but I'm trying to decide if I want to sit through the rest of the bands... (Music as a Weapon Tour =P)

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 01-12-2011, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Apperently I have been to 3 concerts in my Life.. one I don't remember going to.. the other one is very blurry in my memories except the last one xD

Johnny Cash concert (was 3-4 years)
Billy Ray Cirus Concert (4-5 years)
Tommy Cash (20 years old)

=w= I apperently took the pics at the Cash concert.. and at the billy ray one I threw a rose at Billy.. *was a major Billy Ray fan back then, but now I still like him.. just no hard core*

Tommy Cash.. I went for my moms Bday.. and I liked the start up band (the people who owned the place) better then the main show.. ._.

I'd like to see LOTS of people in concert D:

GazettE, Alice Nine, Gackt, Utada Hikaru, Hatsune Miku's concert, Disturbed, The Used, Smile Empty Bottle.. ._. so many bands but no money and no way to get there ;-;

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Now With 200% More Magic!
Default   #3  
I've never been to a concert but I would LOVE to go to one >3<

I really want to see Tool in concert. Or Dir en grey. Either would be awesome X3

Of course, I'd probably have to travel a bit to go to one of those concerts ._.
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 12:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
My Friend saw Dir en Grey in concert and brought me back stickers :3 *collects stickers*

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Now With 200% More Magic!
Default   #5  
D: Lucky!!....I want stickers ;-;

As if I don't have enough stickers already >.>

But keeping on topic, did your friend say if the concert was oh so totally awesome? :O
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Kitty Charity Hostess
She loved it! I think she loved the part where she met some of the members and they autographed her CD xD

Cat Paws is a Co-Owned Charity Avatar. Ran by:
Demonskid

The Kitty Leads to the Charity.

Old Posted 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #7  
My first concert was a Larry the Cable Guy Stand up in the Budweiser Event Center. I was an active audience member, my mom wanted just to be lazy and watch with her new hubby. When people were getting off of their seats to applaud I did the respect of doing so then my Mom pulled me down and said that it was dis-respectful QAQ. My mom's a hypacrit.

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Standing up to applaud is a good thing.. Its a Standing Ovation and encourages the band.. how is it disrespectful? ._.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-13-2011, 02:18 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #9  
She just wants to blend in and be boring =_=

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Ew, Dir en Grey XD Although I'd love to see Gazette. Looove, I love them. Or Nightmare, I'd like to see them, too.

But American-Bands wise, Disturbed will always top my list, I'd sort of like to see 10 Years but I don't think they're too amazing live, and um... maybe Seether but again, I don't think they're supposed to be very good live. I would like to see Linkin Park but only if they only played their old songs. Breaking Benjamin would probably be fun.

But Disturbed will ALWAYS be at the top of my list. XD

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Lost in the forest
Default   #11  
My basic concert list in chronological order:

A local band called It's Birds, I've seen them about 14 times.

Grandpa Jones, Ricky Skaggs, Union Station, and others I can't remember at a bluegrass festival in Nashville when I was about 13... 1998?

They Might Be Giants - Pittsburgh at the Metropol 2002

Lewis Black, Youngstown OH, date unknown

Ozzfest 2002 - Nissan Pavillion, Virginia
Ozzy Osbourne, System of a Down, Rob Zombie, P.O.D., Drowning Pool (cancelled the day I went because their lead singer Dave Williams died that day), Black Label Society,
Second Stage:
Down, Hatebreed, Meshuggah, Soil, Flaw, 3rd Strike, Pulse Ultra, Ill Niño, Andrew W.K., Glassjaw, The Used, Sw1tched, Otep, Lostprophets, The Apex Theory, Neurotica

Pearl Jam w/ Sparta - Pittsburgh at Mellon Arena 2003

Judas Priest w/ Queensryche - Giant Center - Hershey, PA 2004

Ozzfest 2005, mostly there to see Iron Maiden - Post Gazette Pavillion, Pittsburgh, PA
Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Mudvayne (who played too long and sounded off key),
Shadows Fall, Black Label Society, In Flames, Trivium
Second Stage:
Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Mastodon, A Dozen Furies, The Haunted, Arch Enemy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Bury Your Dead, It Dies Today, Soilwork, Gizmachi, Wicked Wisdom (Did not watch most of this lineup, only As I Lay Dying which were horrible, Mastodon, who were okay, and Rob Zombie and he was good...)

Bad Religion W/ Pennywise, Anti-flag, Murphy's Law - Small Ice Rink in PA

Iron Maiden x3, w/ Steve Harris' daughter and Dream Theater
(Cuyahoga Falls, OH; Merriweather Post Pavillion, MD; Pittsburgh, PA)

Rush - Post Gazette Pavillion, Pittsburgh

Bruce Springsteen - Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh, PA

Mountainfest - Blue Oyster Cult, Kansas
WONDERFUL concerts, seriously...

Hank III x2, once with Lucky Tubb and the Modern Day Troubadours and once with Assjack

Heaven & Hell with Motorhead, Judas Priest, Testament (This tour is the last and only chance I had to see Dio and it's one of the best experiences of my life.)

Mayhem Festival 2009, with Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Mushroomhead , Trivium, All That Remains, God Forbid (my personal favorite besides Slayer), Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Job for a Cowboy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel (my personal non-favorite)

Almost saw Rush, Queensryche, twice and Judas Priest a third time, but all of those shows were cancelled...
/ Questing /
Insane Clutterbug & Creepy Lurker
Old Posted 01-16-2011, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
There's an LP concert coming up in HP Pavillion, and I kinda want to go but don't like crowds....And if they're focusing on their latest album, I'd rather not go, since I hate that one x_X I love most of the rest of their stuff though.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-16-2011, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #13  
I've been to concerts for Garth Brooks (my mother was a big fan and took me along), My Chemical Romance (went along with a friend), and Meat Loaf on Halloween night, which was admittedly pretty freaking awesome even though he's getting older.

As for who I'd like to see in concert, hm. Definitely Ozzy someday. Blue October and Coyote Spirit would be nice, too. I also always wanted to go to a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert.
Old Posted 01-28-2011, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Collector's Item
I've seen Mr Hudson, Esra and Rhythm & Reel (twice). Though on Saturday I'm going to see Professor Green, on the 22nd of February my best friend and I are going to see Maroon 5 and then on the 28th we're going to see Example. I'll fill you in on those concerts after they happen xD

Mr Hudson: Possibly the greatest night of my life. It was my first "proper" concert too. My two best friends and I went up as a group and met up with another two girls from our school there. We watched the warm up act, which to be fair I didn't like that much. They were called The Electric Duo, and at first they were good, but they ignored our half of the stage and then the novelty wore off.

Anyway, after that Mr Hudson, Raphael Mann and Joy Joseph took to the stage. For that two and a half hours I was there, part of his sing along crew, got his autograph and a hand shake...I actually thought I was going to die of happiness.

The gig was done and we were waiting outside for a ride home when these two girls came up to us and said Mr Hudson would be coming out. So we waited, and then half an hour later I got to meed him! I got a hug, pictures, a second autograph (personalised with my name) and a few special stories from him. Then he took me and my friends to a private gig with him and the rest of his entourage.

Safe to say, greatest night ever. I still have my autographs, my ticket, my pictures and my glow stick. Sadly the picture I got with Mr Hudson sucked ):

Esra: Esra are a local band to me, but they're actually really good. I got to see them for free because I was working that night. They do cover versions of songs. I had a laugh when I was working and near the end of the night when they played 'Sex On Fire' I got a dance with a guy because he said I was a little darling cleaning up after him. Possibly not the nicest dance in the world, but it was good fun xD

Rhythm & Reel: The first time I saw them was at a street party just after the Scottish Cup Final where my local team went down to Glasgow, sadly we lost. But still, the party was to build team morale and to show we were still there. To be honest though I thought that they were awful when I saw them the first time.

The second time I saw them however was at my school social. The senior social has a live band play and it's always Rhythm & Reel. I don't know what it was, but they were a hundred times better. They played the dance music so we could have a bit of a boogie (well, as much of a boogie as you can have doing the Dashing White Sargent) and they also did a few covers. The two best cover songs they did was: 'Brown Eyed Girl' by Van Morrison and 'Loch Lomond' by Runrig. Loch Lomond was probably the greatest song though.
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
Default   #15  
I've seen Nickleback, The Rasmus, evanescence, AFI (twice lol), The Damned and I've been to Infest to see De/vision.

Old Posted 01-30-2011, 02:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
The first concert I've been to was a Hinder concert just a couple of years back. xp My cousin invited me to go, and I'm glad she did. It was pure awesome. The other bands that played were great, and my ears were ringing into the next day!

I would love to go see Evanescence, Linkin Park, Katy Perry, and even some concerts playing songs from video games.
Old Posted 02-14-2011, 03:31 AM Reply With Quote