Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #209  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
Haha, true that. I'm trying to be a lot more active nowadays, but sometimes I log in to see that I'm the only person online. ;o;
More just needs to happen for more active users. Creating fun games that'll help people obtain Aurum is a great start.
Not everybody likes to post but they still like a way to earn common currency.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 09-18-2014, 04:31 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
The flip side to that is if there are games to play constantly (rather than time-limited like the crane game) and the forums are as slow as they are, the games will actually slow them down more. People will spend more time playing games than posting.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-18-2014, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #211  
Quote:
The flip side to that is if there are games to play constantly (rather than time-limited like the crane game) and the forums are as slow as they are, the games will actually slow them down more. People will spend more time playing games than posting.
Ah, yeah, that's true. I personally just not a fan of posting on the forums much. Tho what keeps me here is I absolutely LOVE the pixeling on this site. I should become more active but I'm a heavy multi-tasker with my own websites to run and all, so I tend to not post much on any of the forums I'm a part of. >.>
My DeviantART
Old Posted 09-18-2014, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Yeah, I used to post here a TON **points to post count**, but, most of the people I used to talk to the most have left for various reasons, I had a lot of life things come up and became less active, and now it's like a whole different site sometimes.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-18-2014, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #213  
Well, the first game I want to get up will be on the same time limit as the crane game. The second one will be more of a time sink if you let it, but I'm hoping it'll be a conversation piece.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-19-2014, 02:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Yeah, I used to post here a TON **points to post count**, but, most of the people I used to talk to the most have left for various reasons, I had a lot of life things come up and became less active, and now it's like a whole different site sometimes.
I used to be an avid poster on Zantarni. Nothing against Blazestorm, she's an awesome friend and all but the site doesn't seem "roleplay" style to me anymore. It just seems so.... random and out of place. I just lost my interest.
And GaiaOnline, lol, well, that's nothing but a troll-site anymore. I occasionally jump on it just to see what new stuff they have because they seem to have new things everyday just about but they've become money-hungry anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Well, the first game I want to get up will be on the same time limit as the crane game. The second one will be more of a time sink if you let it, but I'm hoping it'll be a conversation piece.
Awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 09-19-2014, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #215  
I gotta say, I'm pretty stoked for more time-consuming games. I think those will really help with getting more activity on the site. The more people online at once and doing something is activity, and will encourage new users to stay and at least post in the welcome wagon if they see more than just themselves online when they log in for the first time.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 09-22-2014, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I just really need to stop talking to my friends on here via Skype instead of on Trisphee. Or in Lucid's case on League.
Old Posted 09-22-2014, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #217  
Lol it depends if they are active on Trisphee or not. Whenever I'm on I try to engage in a few different threads when people are online.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 09-23-2014, 01:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
This is sort of off-the-cuff and I haven't even done any feasibility research on it, but would on-site chat rooms be something you folks would be interested in?

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-23-2014, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #219  
In my opinion as a user: that might be something worth looking into, Coda. It could certainly encourage a bit more connectivity (and activity) between users because it would be more in real time.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 09-23-2014, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Two questions
Do we still get AU?
And where would it be? Cause a sideline chat bar I would like but if you can't surf Trisphee and chat in the same page it may be annoying.
Old Posted 09-23-2014, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #221  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
This is sort of off-the-cuff and I haven't even done any feasibility research on it, but would on-site chat rooms be something you folks would be interested in?
Interesting. May want to be careful with those, tho. Where there's a chatroom, there's at least one person out there somewhere to destroy it for the rest of us.

I'd be up for it.

Edit Up for the chatroom. *cough* Not destroying it. That sounded bad, lol
My DeviantART
Old Posted 09-23-2014, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Aurum... PROBABLY not, but maybe something fractional? As for where it'd be on the page... I really don't know. Maybe something like Google Hangouts or Facebook Chat where it pops up in a window in the corner of the screen and you can collapse it.

Old Posted 09-23-2014, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #223  
So yet again no AU for posting on the site. Then no I don't want it. Going to post going to get aurum for it, because otherwise it is just a pointless time sink that won't be used except by certain people who don't care about AU.
Old Posted 09-23-2014, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Chatting and posting are really rather different things. Chatting isn't going to maintain a long-term history. It doesn't build up content for reading. It's designed around short-form messages, possibly many in a row, possibly when there's no one there to read them. It won't even be useful during slow hours.

Think of it more as real-time visitor messages rather than an alternative to forum posts. I know you use visitor messages, and I've never seen you worried about aurum there.

If the chat DOES give aurum payouts (I said I was considering it!), it'll have to be rate-limited, otherwise it's likely to end up with someone saying "lol" "lol" "lol" "lol" in the middle of the night to rack up the money.

Old Posted 09-23-2014, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote