Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Harmless
Default σ ɾ ʙ ••• o // a   #1  

xxxxxxɑ final s Ɨ ɑ ɳ dxx
xxxxxxxxxxɑ final c h ɑ ɳ c ɛxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfor ɑ final ɱ σ ɱ ɛ ɳ Ɨxxxx

Deep within a forest that is heavy and thick with enchantments and old magic, there is a sacred orb that maintains order throughout the world. Generation after generation, a line of priests and priestesses have kept watch over it. All manors of beasts and humans have tried to get it, but the line of priests and priestesses have managed to guard the orb. The priests and priestess were each trained by the one before them to keep all at bay, to keep the orb safe.

The orb is known to only two families: the guardians of it, and the royal family of Salonia. However, only the guardians of it know of it's true powers, and the rest is left to myth, legend, and bedtime stores. That was how it was, and should have been, but things never remain as they should. Someone managed to find the orb and escape the priest that was guarding it. They were on their deathbed, and spoke it to whomever was around of its powers, its wonders. The rumors of the orb only spread through Salonia, though, because the country was befallen by war. Rumors of such a fantastical object were left to the children.

Salonia is losing its war against the other kingdoms. It was the more peaceful of the kingdoms, but it wasn't without its defenses. Surrounded by superstition and legends from the enchanted forest just behind it, the neighboring kingdoms feared Salonia and any of its potential allies of the forest. But that fear dissipated when Trylic called to arms, for a new age; one of industry and progress, and Salonia was to be the first obstacle to take down. Desperate to save his kingdom, the Prince sent out hunters to retrieve the orb. The hunters were the best of the best in the kingdom. They had been trained to track down anything, and were masters with swords and nearly any kind of weaponry. The Prince had confidence in their abilities to retrieve the orb and return it safely to him. Of course, the thought of betrayal has crossed the Prince's mind, but the hunters were trained from a young age to have blind loyalty to the royal family.

The hunters have a deadline in which they must retrieve the orb. One month. After that time, the Prince is sure that the Salonian army will fall to the rival Kingdom of Trylic. With a small army, dwindling forces, the Prince knows that time is short and precious. And with the other nations fighting it at the same time, Trylic has finally gained to opportunity to defeat Salonia and become the most powerful nation. And if the orb is not retrieved by the deadline, then Salonia will certainly fall. It's just the Princes' luck that the King of Trylic doesn't know about the orb.
Last edited by Miscellaneous; 01-19-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless

* please excuse how rough this looks. the three images are linked to their larger, uncropped originals.

The Kingdom of Salonia is the most beautiful Kingdom in the nation. The palace that resides in the middle of it was constructed of white marble, so it glistens in when the sun hits it. The gardens around it one ones to be envied. It's the most beautiful in the spring, when all the flowers are in bloom and the trees are all green and full of fruit. It's people are caring people and crime is little, but everyone in Salonia has a fighters spirit. It didn't become the most powerful nation on it's own. Salonia's past is filled with war and betrayal. All of Salonia's ancestors were fighters, and that spirit has stayed till this very day.

Salonia is located right in front of the Enchanted Forest, so, if taken over by Trylic, the people have a place to escape to. The forest is centuries old and filled with old, powerful magic. It's easy to get lost in, and deadly to those who don't respect it.

The enchanted forest behind Salonia is home to creatures that occupy myth, legends, and nightmares. They are the creatures of dreams and curses. Within the ancient trees lay nymph's and faeries keeping the healthy and free of infection, while they provide a home and a place of frolic. Elves, centaurs, and shapeshifters roam the forest floors, making it and the trees their home. Griffins, phoenixes, and all other birds of wonder soar the skies, and the waters are teeming with the enchanted: mermaids, nymphs, and larger than life fish. At night, the nightmares come out. Imps, demons, wraiths, drows. Creatures of poison and death.

The Kingdom of Trylic is an industrial kingdom. It's the most prosperous kingdom because it produces the most iron, which it excavates from the cliff the castle is built on, and the fishing industry through the ocean that is was built along side of. Trylic is a fortress, near impossible to penetrate from the outside. It is built atop a cliff, along side of a vast ocean. It has only one opening to main land: a thin strip of land.

Trylic, like Salonia, has a place for it's people to escape to if overtaken. The people would enter the cliff itself, which is filled with tunnels and has enough provisions for the population to last for a few months. The tunnel system is so complex that there are only a hand full of people that know how to navigate it without getting lost within them.
Last edited by Miscellaneous; 01-19-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #3  

The Priestess

" Arinia Estase Desillin "
18 ● Calm ● The Enchanted Forest
████ The priestess of the orb, a young orphan and a social recluse. With an icy personality towards most who approach her, she's serious in everything that she does and takes everything done to her seriously since, her sense of humor is all but non existent.She knows of the war going on but, despite a faint feeling of distaste, it concerns her very little. She's never really associated herself with the people of the countries, born and raised as she was in the forest. Her only friends are the creatures of the forest as her parents died during an attempt to steal the orb by a strong warrior a few months before her sixteenth birthday.

Her childhood consisted of heavy training in magick and she proved to be very talented in it. Her specialties lie in defensive magick and the earth and water elements, but she knows her fair share of offensive spells if ever there was an attack on the orb. Her primary weapon is an elderwood staff, blessed in the light of the orb for seven days and seven nights.

In reality her greatest weakness is likely her naivety in the ways of love. She's never really known any other children her age despite a few fairies and elves who didn't stay around for very long. Even though she's protected her heart in a layer of ice with her cold demeanor, who knows what would happen if the ice melted away?
open ll reserved ll taken
skykittykat

Salonia Prince

" Alcandor Fable Eon "
21 ● Human ● Salonia
████ > The Prince of the falling nation, Alcandor. He is the descendant from a long line of royals, each before him watching the vast Enchanted Forest and ruling the kingdom of Salonia. Early on in the kingdoms history, Salonia was a bloody nation. As time went by, it grew more peaceful, until that was the main priority now passed on to the future kings. Peace was more beneficial than war. As the Prince, peace was something Alcandor had to uphold, because not only was his nation at war, but his mother had passed away and his father had lost all sense. Rage had consumed his better judgment, and sorrow was the fuel. Alcandor had to keep peace between the advisers, generals, and his father as the war started. Now that is has continued on, he has taken full command of it, his father falling to the sidelines to grieve.

Alcandor is no ordinary prince. He is tall, regal looking with his flaming hair and honey eyes that speak of untold kindness. He wears no jewelry, gems, or a crown of any sorts. Not even a cloak, like his father. He wears ordinary clothes, for those extravagant accessories are far to heavy for him to carry around. Alcandor is flanked by body-guards constantly, because a flight of stairs could spell his death. The Prince of Salonia is weak. Weak in body, and fragile. He has never been permitted to leave the castle boundaries, and has never learned to fight for himself. Ride as horse. Build anything. Lift anything heavy. But despite his fragile body, Alcandor is a man of a strong mind and will. He has the voice of his father, the commanding air that none can deny. He has the aura of a king, a ruler, and none would deny that fact.

Like his mother, Alcandor has some magick affinity. Just small tricks and slights of hand, nothing overly extravagant that would draw attention to himself. Most of his spells and incantations are minor, to mend broken bones or call for aid if he needs it.
miscellaneous

King of Trylic

" Theodus Len Redfog "
35 ● Human ● Trylic
████ > He’s a bold man, putting his opinion and thoughts right into the open. He believes that his ambition and logic will guide him and his kingdom to great success, and that the rest of the world will follow along. It’s not that he thinks less of other nations, he just believes that his is the greatest, and that others just need to be shown that and they’ll be happy. He seized power from his old, senile uncle, who had no sense towards the end, and had not named an heir, saying that none were fit to rule in this nation. Theodus took charge and he now rules unquestioned, his authority absolute. This is not due to an iron fist, but instead it is the fact that his people hold a deep respect for him, seeing him as a true king.

When he took the kingship, he knew he would need to be strong himself if he were to lead his nation to its own great destiny. He learned metal crafting from town blacksmiths, he learned combat from war marshals, he tutored under a magician of his nation, learning some artifice magic, though he had little to no ability with any other kind. He’s never had much of an affinity for magic, and is more grounded in the physical. He loves to work with his hands, and is often found among the common folk, helping them create/manage/sell their wares, and is even known to assist poor families in time of need. He believes that all of his people deserve a chance at living well, no matter their birth rank.

He leads his army well, taking council with his generals and common soldier alike, offering food, drink, and supplies from his own personal wealth instead of taxing the people for it all. The people, seeing this, help willingly, bolstered in heart and spirit by the great kindness of their king. He values common folk above all else, and understands that they are the driving engine behind any great empire.

He does not go on this quest to conquer r to rule other nations, but instead he honestly believes he is helping them. He holds no hatred, no malice, towards anyone else, he just believes he needs to “show them the way”, as he says.

He wields a hammer, named Castor, at his side. He keeps it always on him, as he believes it good luck, and a sign of his common interests. It’s a blacksmith’s and a farmer’s tool, a soldier’s weapon, and a king’s mark. It embodies everything he stands for, and so he carries it, proudly, outside of his robes. He wears a simple robe outfit, with nothing but cloth pants, leather bracers, and leather boots on underneath it. He also wears a charm with gears on it, a gift from a family he once bought a home for.
hermes

The Hunters

Men and women alike who specialize in weapons, tracking, hunting, and fighting. They've all been trained since a young age to be a Hunter, and it's the only kind of life style they have known. Hunters are raised under the watch of the royal family, so that strong bonds are made early on.

[1.oo]

" Senka Waters Truth "
24 ● half-elf ● Salonia
████ > Senka was born more human than elf, but the disgrace of her family. Her mother had been... promiscuous, and had evidently sought out the comforts of another after her husband had perished from some still unidentified illness. So, she had been given to the royal family and trained to be a Hunter from then on because she posed a unique advantage. Her movements are more graceful than those of an average human, her footing more quick and agile. Her eye sight is far sharper than any humans, and her hearing unmatched. But her social skills are not to be envied. Senka is awkward in conversation, and suffers from extreme fits of nervousness whenever someone she doesn't know approaches her - or if anyone touches her.

Unlike what most elves are known for, Senka prefers the dark to the light, and silence to music. She cares little for the arts, other than fighting, and prefers to practice her skills alone than with anyone else. Because of this, she is extremely introverted and has little to no trust in her fellow Hunters, though she would go wherever the Prince sent her. Though her trust complications with her fellow Hunters, Senka has not developed any close relationships with anyone within the palace. She has no friends to rely on should something bad happen, nor does she have any enemies. She is as a shadow on the wall.

Like most elves, Senka has a magick affinity. Her affinity is towards the element of shadow. Darkness. She uses shadows more for defensive purposes than offensive, and has found other uses for the element than what one would typically think.
miscellaneous
[2.oo]
[3.oo]

Miscellaneous

Citizens, servants of either Salonia or Trylic, or a forest dweller.
[1.oo]
[2.oo]
[3.oo]

*THIS WILL BE EDITED... WHEN I FIGURE A FEW THINGS OUT. o3o
Last edited by Miscellaneous; 02-16-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless

Code:
[img]450x110[/img]
" namenamename "
age ● race ● nation ████ > your characters specialty (as in, what are they good at), what weapons they use, if they posses any magical affinities, and any fears/weaknesses they have. keep in mind: hunters will usually have one or two magical affinities, or be aware of magicks going on around them, and they will specialize in more than one weapon, but not, like, eight. also: if you choose to play a creature from the forest, then they will be more magick prone than weapon prone.
['CENTER]['img]['url=orginalimagelink]450x110[/url][/img][/CENTER]

['i]"[/i] ['size=2]namenamename[/size] ['i]"[/i]
['indent]['size=1]age ● race ● nation
████ > your characters specialty (as in, what are they good at), what weapons they use, if they posses any magical affinities, and any fears/weaknesses they have. keep in mind: hunters will usually have one or two magical affinities, or be aware of magicks going on around them, and they will specialize in more than one weapon, but not, like, eight. also: if you choose to play a creature from the forest, then they will be more magick prone than weapon prone.[/size][/indent]

*YES, that is it. c;
Last edited by Miscellaneous; 02-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #5  

[o.1] ... Follow the ToS.

[o.2] PM me the profiles - title it anything, I don't care. Just... follow the skellie. :U My skellies will be small, I find huge ones demanding x amount of paragraphs for just the bio, annoying. There probably won't even be a bio! So, yes. Small skellie, hard to make mistakes.

[o.3] Respect eeeeeeeeeveryone in the playing arena. If you have a complaint, don't EXPLODE like things do in microwaves. Try to be calm, collected, and nice about the complaining/issue. Or, if you can't handle it, tell me and I'll handle it. c: Also, try to post ONCE a week. It's annoying when people leave without an explanation and they're character was involved in the plot. I'm sure everyone has had that happen to them, and then POOF, dead roleplay. And everyone should know this stuff by now: swearing, everyone knows the limits. Romance, again, everyone knows the limits. No auto-hitting, godmodding, puppeting, or killing without someone elses permission. Yeah. Repetitive? Duh. I don't like typing it, but there's always that guy.

[o.4] Keep me informed! If you need to leave for a week, or a few days, tell me. I don't eat peoples' heads. Someone else might, but not me.

[o.5] Spelling, grammar: decent, but I don't expect perfection. Along with that, I expect NO ONE-LINERS. None. At least a paragraph or more per post, and I could easily demand more because I can type five if I wanted to, and make that a rule for everyone else. But I'm lazy, and I'm sure everyone else is too. x3

[o.6] Ha, didn't get to nine rule! Things... Anyway, I can change rules whenever I want. But if I do so, I'll say so. I'll also tell you if I update, so cheeeeeeck the updates! :D They're usually important to what is going on! Like, plot change, plot twist, new character, setting change, who - if anyone - dies. Things like that.

[o.7] I'm Queen of this thing. Fear meh.

[o.8] All NEW rules are posted in this color. Just so you know what's new and what's old. c:

[o.1o] I lied. It reached nine, so I skipped it. >:D Right, so, the point of this rule. Because of what is in the plot, there are only a certain number of characters total. NPC's not included. Now, I will allow more if they are needed - after the number is determined, but I like to keep things small so that it doesn't all clump and everything gets confusing.
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless

Updates and Information

season
spring ll summer ll fall ll winter ll
weather
morning ll afternoon ll dusk ll night

sunny ll windy ll cloudy ll raining ll storming

cold ll cool ll warm ll hot
updates
none... really. o-o

OH. I have one. If you're deciding playing a demon, then they're not the beautified image of today. D:< It's the kind of demon in medieval times: butt ugly and creepy. Not a succubus/incubus, no. And I'm thinking about allowing vampires, but, again, they won't be pretty. It'll be pre-Anne Rice vampires. Which means before they became the way you all think of them now. Like, in Twilight and crap.

I would like to explain that most of this has been copied and pasted from another website - still all mine! So don't fret your pretty little heads over plagiarism and whatnot. x3;;; But that might explain why some of it looks choppy, or may not look right, and why this under heavy construction.
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #7  
reserved
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
reserved
ohmygoshijustrealizedthepostsarenumberdo3o
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #9  
reseeeeeeerved
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
reserved'd'd'd'd'd
Old Posted 01-18-2011, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #11  
reservedonceagain
Old Posted 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless

Everyone's ℓσσkıɳɢ at me
I'm running around in ͼıɾͼℓεs, baby
A quiet desperation's building ħıɢħɛɾ
I've got to remember this is just a ɢɑɱɛ

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄x▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄x▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Alcandor sighed heavily into his hands, dread as heavy as a mountain of stone on his stomach and chest. All around him were the generals of the small armies Salonia commanded, pacing, their drawn, hardened faces tired. War was something these men were not used to - Salonia was used to peace and unity with the other kingdoms. This blood and violence was new and taking a toll on the men, Alcandor knew. They had lost friends, family, brother and sisters in the fights that had taken place over the years, and he shared only some of the guilt and sorrow they felt. How could he know what these men felt? They saw the slaughter, the blood, and heard the screams from the people dying. While he, the prince who sent them to the death, stayed safe and sound in the castle sitting atop of a mountain, before a forest that nearly everyone in the world was fearful of.

Alcandor sighed again.

"We're losing more troops," a man said suddenly, causing the Prince to look up. The mans eyes were bloodshot, his skin pale, and his hair a dark gray color. There were deep laugh lines around his mouth, but the dark circles under his eyes told another story about him. "Every day there are more from Trylic, soldiers wearing better armor with better weapons. We've lasted this long, but we can't go on much longer. Not like this." The other men stopped their pacing and stared at him. Alcandor remained quiet.

"The men and women are getting tired and their moral is low. We cannot win, Prince. We will lose, and Salonia will fall to Trylic." Alcandor looked away from the man, his chest constricting as he fought back the tears and the burning in his throat. He clasped his hands together and laid them on the table, eyes locked on the window. "He will burn the forest, and kill the beasts inside of it. They won't stand a chance against his machines. Not the elves, demons - nothing. He will kill you, Prince," he went on, his voice void of any emotion.

Alcandor flinched. The forest was something he knew the King of Trylic hated. When he had met him before, to try and negotiate a peace treaty, that had been the main focus of his hatred. Where he wanted most of his destructive forces to go. He wanted to burn the century old trees down and reduce them to nothing but ashes, and kill the beings who had claims to his land older than their own race did. That was something he could not stand aside and let happen. Alcandor would protect the forest like he protected with his kingdom - with everything he had. And if it cost him his life, so be it.

"There is something we can do," Alcandor said suddenly, startling the general enough to make him blink and take a step away from the table. He turned his gaze away from the window and let it rest on the vocal man - his name was Azas, he was sure. "But it is something that I must discuss with my Hunters, first." Alcandor was weak in his body, but his voice was strong, deep. Demanded attention and obedience, just like his fathers. His eyes, however, were a soft golden color, like honey. Just like his mothers, and showed nothing but kindness to others. This was how Alcandor ruled, this was how he held respect among the generals, and this why Azas remained silent and didn't speak against him.

Alcandor stood slowly, suddenly feeling very tired. "This must remain a secret, and cannot be exposed to those who would be leaving the kingdom, which is why I am sorry for my secrecy with you all." He paused for a minute, looking once more over the faces of the generals. "If this plan works, then we will not fall. All I ask is one thing of the people you command," the generals nodded. "I need a month, one month of time. If my plan works, then this war will be over and peace will be restored. If it does not, then all that Azas said will happen." His chest constricted again. If only his father hadn't neglected his duties for so long, none of this would have happened. They knew it, and he knew it. But no one could blame him. He was still king, and an angry, grieving king was a dangerous man.

"You're all free to go now," Alcandor said, motioning towards the door with his hand. They all bowed their heads before leaving, in respect for his ranking, but Alcandor required that no one actually bow. They left the room quickly, and he followed out at a slower pace, listening to the sounds of their heavy boots echoing down the halls. He didn't move from outside of the room until the sound was gone, then he turned and went the opposite way, his steps slow despite his long strides.

In the empty halls of this section of the castle, no one would hear his words of magic as he weaved as spell. A strong wind picked up in the deserted hall, spinning around the Prince like no natural wind would. This spell was directed to the Hunters, to brush past their ears like a whisper and call them back to the castle so that he could give them a new mission. Guilt spread over him as he finished the message, calling them all to the throne room. The wind left with the spell, and would separate to find each Hunter.

Alcandor placed is hand on the wall, the stone cool beneath his touch. After a few seconds, the stones moved away silently to reveal a hidden stairway. He descended down, the few dim lights the only things to show him his way down. This would bring him down to the throne room faster so he could make his own meeting on time. That, and it would help him save his energy, which was already running low.

The stone door shut silently being Alcandor, leaving him alone in the stairway.
Old Posted 02-15-2011, 03:31 AM Reply With Quote