Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default The NEW Nintendo 3DS; your thoughts?   #1  

Nintendo has recently announced details on their new 3DS model, the NEW 3DS. The new Model introduces a new CPU to run new EXCLUSIVE N3DS games like the recently announced Xenoblade Chronicles Port, as well as running current and future 3DS games more smoothly. The N3DS has a new secondary analogy stick called the C stick located on the top right corner of the lower half of the device. As well has secondary triggers the ZL and ZR buttons that sit right next to the R and L triggers. The N3DS finally removes the ghosting from it's 3D hardware, and a overall better battery life.
The N3DS model is being priced around $160-170 (using Yen to Dollars conversion.) and the N3DS XL model will be priced around $190-$200.

So... I'm really torn between this, it's essentially a in betweener console generation handheld. With big AAA games being exclusive to the handheld is a really insulting to people who have bought the 3DS, but the cheap pricing tells another story when you could trade in your 3DS towards a N3DS you will most likely be paying $100 for the upgrade. Xenoblade is being called a "port" so it's not like Ocarina of Time which was completely remade to be played on the 3DS.

So on one side Nintendo is alienating and dividing it's audiences AGAIN with the N3DS, but on the flip-side we now have a device that can handle Wii graphically powered leveled games, that will also make current 3DS games run more smoothly, basically more opportunity for bigger games. And if you ever played Pokemon X and Y and play a team battle, or any sort of battle that had more then 2 Pokemon on screen at once. You know that the device could really use that boost in CPU. The Handheld supposedly removed Ghosting with the 3DS entirely, which was one of the biggest complaints about the 3D feature. AND we will be getting additional back triggers and analog stick which has been game developers main reason on why they weren't going to port over certain games. (Hence, even MORE opportunities for games to be made/ported over to the 3DS.)

But I'm really on a Stalemate on this handheld, I feel as though they should had waited a little longer for this device. The Device is much similar to the Gameboy Color, granted the Gameboy color came out NINE YEARS AFTER the Gameboy came out, and it was a complete overhaul of the game system rather than a simple update like the N3DS is. And the DSI had exclusive games as well, but none of them were as big or noteworthy as Xenoblade.

I'm planning on trading up for this Handheld mainly because I was looking into the 3DSXL in the first place, that and Xenoblade. :3

Your thoughts?

Old Posted 08-29-2014, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
I was kind of iffy if I wanted to get it right away but the fact that the normal sized one has customizable face plates has sold me on it. I want that feature SO BAD. There's only 38 different ones confirmed for Japan so far but still. I hope they come out with some Pokemon ones. I still would have to make the decision to get a black or a white one to match certain covers!

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 08-30-2014, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #3  
I thought this was one of those bad Illusion jokes at first. But the more I read about it, the more I realize that it's totally on track with everything Nintendo does with their handhelds. GameBoy to Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance to Gameboy Advance SP, DS to DSi, and now "New" 3DS. I just wish they were better at making the names clear that it's a new system that will have exclusive games. It's one of the (many) reasons that the WiiU didn't do well at all.

I don't think I will buy it unless there is an exclusive game that I just HAVE to have.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 08-31-2014, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
Kind of approve and disapprove at the same time. Removes the bulk from the circle pad pro, but it's a mini analog. And exclusive games not to happy about bc it means we have to upgrade just to play those games.
Old Posted 08-31-2014, 09:17 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
I thought this was one of those bad Illusion jokes at first. But the more I read about it, the more I realize that it's totally on track with everything Nintendo does with their handhelds. GameBoy to Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance to Gameboy Advance SP, DS to DSi, and now "New" 3DS. I just wish they were better at making the names clear that it's a new system that will have exclusive games. It's one of the (many) reasons that the WiiU didn't do well at all.

I don't think I will buy it unless there is an exclusive game that I just HAVE to have.
You made me realize that I haven't had a terrible joke for a while. Thanks for reminding me! :D
Now time to play the waiting game....

Old Posted 08-31-2014, 11:08 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Anytime, I love reading shocking thread titles only to see that you were the one who posted them. :P Keeps life interesting around here! And I honestly don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Bad Illusion joke threads are good for activity!

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-01-2014, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
Anytime, I love reading shocking thread titles only to see that you were the one who posted them. :P Keeps life interesting around here! And I honestly don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Bad Illusion joke threads are good for activity!
So you thought the N3DS was a bad joke at first? I won't lie I sort of had the same thought.

I like wacky titles, makes people more inclined to read the content in the thread. That and I can be ridiculous beyond belief...

Old Posted 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Normally I am updated on the newest gameboy systems but I haven't heard of this one.. I use to own a 3DS XL but it was so huge.. I remember taking snapshots to show someone what a monster it was compared to the 3DS and even to the Gameboy Advance..

Overall, glancing at newer 3DS, I still like the XL due to the location of where the buttons are located for home, etc. And the graphics weren't that bad, I got rid of mine cause I was informed it wouldn't run American games on the British system and most of my games were bought in America, so why keep a game system that wouldn't do me any good in a few years time?

And I have to agree, Nintendo brought the 2DS out like last year, no? I never liked that system and I don't see me putting the funds out for a new 3DS when I have a PSP and an almost brand new Gameboy Advance that works perfectly fine.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 09-02-2014, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #9  
Ugh, I'll get it as long as it's not $350+ here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 09-03-2014, 08:08 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
Ugh, I'll get it as long as it's not $350+ here
You live in a country where video game prices are like 3 times the price then anywhere else in the world! (Granted Brazil has it bad as well..)

Old Posted 09-03-2014, 02:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #11  
tbh i dont care im getting it no matter what
because im a handheld gaming nerd.
really happy for an upgrade and excited for customizable plates things
so like. hopefully people on etsy or anywhere will sell their own version and we can get a huge variety of what our new 3ds will look like :D
im hoping for madoka magica themed ones (more specifically mami)

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 09-04-2014, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I really want a Monster Hunter themed case, a Super Smash Bros, or a Legend of Zelda case. <3

Old Posted 09-04-2014, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #13  
I don't have the money for it, and I'll be pissed if they make certain games that i like exclusive for that system. That's all I have to say about this. =p Someone get me one when it comes out. xD

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-10-2014, 09:02 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
That's the downside of the N3DS, developers currently making games for the 3DS will make use of the extra power and buttons.
But on the upside, more developers will come in to make games for the 3DS BECAUSE of the extra power.

Either way it's a win win for people who upgrade to the darn thing, I'm going to upgrade for sure. Not just because of Xenoblade, but more so that I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan.

Old Posted 09-10-2014, 11:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #15  
I don't like the idea. I bought the 3DS expecting a few more years than this to play nintendo's handheld.

See, companies will start abandoning the original 3DS for this new one when it doesn't have a new game and therefore is not a new generation technically, but they're making it one.

And like many others, I can't afford two of the same damn system. Hell, I almost didn't buy the 3DS period because the 3D shit gives me a headache, so it's just another DS for me, and I'm not buying a third DS...I can't find a job and the 3DS? Bought ti back in college with some of my refund due to Zelda remakes. I guess I'm leaving Nintendo altogether now...making another generation THREE YEARS later! Too early nintendo. I can't afford consoles that often.
Old Posted 09-27-2014, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post

this new one when it doesn't have a new game and therefore is not a new generation technically, but they're making it one.
Actually Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is a New 3DS exclusive. Soooooo..... Yeah.

And the system is coming out in 2015 in America, but will be out in October for Japan, and November for Australia. Were only getting it late because of Black Friday, and wanting to get rid of the rest of 3DS stock to the uninformed parents buying their kids a 3DS for Christmas.

Old Posted 09-27-2014, 10:32 AM Reply With Quote