Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

MUTANT D:
Default Any suggestions?   #1  
I'm kind of new here and still trying to figure out my avatar. Any suggestions for items that would look good on my avatar? Or any changes I should make? Thanks!
Old Posted 09-24-2013, 03:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Just to be sure, but what sort of theme are you going for?

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Default   #3  
I don't even know if I really have a theme yet. :P I've just been putting on items that I think look good together. Red and black, of course.
Old Posted 09-24-2013, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Red and black, eh? I feel like that's a cue for Ashy to come and post some theme ideas since those are her usual colours. :P

Well, what sort of red and black items are you more interested in? Commons, donation items, yearly items, random item generator (rig) items, event items?

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 09-24-2013, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
I used to do red and black, but usually in a not-very-elegant way. I have some examples in my closet (it's in my siggy), but I haven't updated in a while and they usually have more than just red and black. Feel free to check it out, though.

Quite a few of the earlier event items were red and black.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-24-2013, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
SIIIIIGH. OBVIOUSLY THOSE TWO WON'T BE ANY HELP.

(ehe, love you guys)

The biggest "issue" with your avi (which is lovely, by the by) is that you have a bit of an imbalance with color going on. Granting a bit of leeway, the brown on your head and the blonde on your shoes can be ignored easily, but you have 2 different shades of black (the 2nd being from your starter shirt) and your silver line at the hips.

The 2nd black has the unfortunate effect of drawing the eye to the shoulder, which is not where the good stuff is happening. This could probably be offset with some ankle socks and panties/a thong in a slightly lighter shade worn under your heels and belt.

The silver issue is pretty easy to solve, you just have to be careful to keep it fine and light. It helps that the silver on your belt is light enough to match with thin lines of white, like you have on your wrists. An Elegant Tiara (common) could balance your head well. Cross, Double, Silver Long, or Three Chain necklaces could balance the neck/chest depending on your preference (all commons). Bringing silver to the legs could be done a couple of ways, depending on your budget. I would suggest using 2 or 3 Swirl or Intricate Ankle Tattoos (still commons) or, if you're willing to dip into the market scene already, something like an Ever Young, Lunar Kingdom, or Arabian Curse (all monthly DIs). Sandals or Strapped Sandals (common) could work as well.

Right, so. I think if you bring those two colors into balance, then the brighter reds in your hair and on your sides will do well guiding the eye to the important parts of the avi, as the shade pops well while still matching nicely.

-salutes-

Old Posted 09-24-2013, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Default   #7  
Thank you to all 3 of you. :)

Gallagher, I've taken some of your suggestions and will use more of them whe I have more money saved up. Thank you very much!
Old Posted 09-25-2013, 02:17 AM Reply With Quote