Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default {Rika/June} Village Mysteries   #1  
This is a one on one between Juneberry and Rika. Unless you are one of those two, please do not post here. Thank you. And yes, the title stinks. :3

- - -

Outside of the village in a little cottage of sorts, a young girl sat on the couch, scribbling numbers on parchment with bowls of different plant pieces scattered elsewhere on the table. In the mess of bowls there were some empty ones, each filled with a small bit of water and a small spoon of sorts. The girl seemed to ignore the mess, though the boy that walked in while she worked seemed to think otherwise.

"Flutter, can't you do this in some other room?" The boy's brown hair covered his face slightly. The girl had begin mixing ingredients from different bowls into one of the water ones. "These things reek, you know."

"That's your opinion, big brother." Unlike the boy, the girl had blue hair reaching the floor. Her eyes were closed as she worked.

"Whatever... I'm going to the market." He walked to another table nearby, picking up a wallet seemingly home-made, in which held some money they had to spend. "We ran out of seeds for me to plant and I need to make sure there's enough sweets for you."

"Be careful, big brother. If there's a fight, don't go butting in. We'll be found out."

"I know." The boy grumbled and left. He soon made his way into the village, looking for the store he went to regularly. Despite all appearances, the boy wasn't normal, but no one seemed to notice or care. His fangs gave it away to some, however. He was vampire- or half, at least. And his thirst for blood, though dormant, was eminent that morning, much to his own displeasure.

Walking up to someone nearby, he realized he'd forgotten to check on the season. Seasons changed without him noticing, so he often forgot what plants to buy. "Excuse me. Do you happen to know what the climate is lately? I can't figure out what food is in season this time of year..."
Old Posted 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Kay slowly walked through the village, frowning as she went. “This place is a pile. I’ll never be able to find anything here.” She muttered as she pulled the hood of her dark brown cloak over her red hair. It wouldn’t do to call attention to herself, no matter how small and remote the village was. Glancing behind her, she strode forward.

As she began walking again, a shadow detached from one of the houses. A black cloak hid the creature from head to toe, and it moved silently along the shadows. No one seemed to notice it, and it carefully followed Kay as she walked, taking care to stay far enough behind to avoid her detection.

Coming toward the market area of the village, Kay stopped and looked around. She saw a stand selling fruit and headed towards it. As she picked out her breakfast, she overheard someone asking of the seasons. Curious, she turned at looked at the speaker. It was just a boy, though there was something about him that seemed strange. She couldn’t put her finger on it, but her interest was piqued. Flicking a coin at the shopkeeper and pocketing her apples, she strode over to him.

“Well, obviously it’s nearing the end of autumn, good sir. Apples, pumpkins and squash have been harvested. The wheat has long been cut and stored for winter, and the corn has been hulled. Have you been hiding under a rock, that you do not know such things?” She smiled impishly at him. She enjoyed teasing, and hadn’t had anyone to speak to in quite a while.
I have to leave for good now. Giving away my stuff to random people.[/COLOR]
Old Posted 12-16-2010, 12:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #3  
"A rock, hm? I suppose you could say that, if my sister could pretend to be a rock. She certainly sleeps like one." Sayaku's laughter filled air rather than words soon after. His thick brown sweater's hood began to fly around in a quick breeze that died down just as easily, so he put it on to protect himself from anymore feelings of gagging instead. "No, I just don't feel fully normal today. When I'm not well from lack of sleep, my memory and thinking tends to fray a bit, you could say. That, and dealing with my sister far too long may be causing me some trouble in that..."

Said sister, however, had just left the house. While he didn't know, of course, he did know that she would do so eventually that day, whether he liked it or not. It was, after all, her own market day, when she'd sell some herbal remedies like the herbal pharmacist she was in the the open. When she had walked into town and he spotted her, he managed a laugh. "Well, there's the hermit now."

Much to his dismay, his sister had heard the words. Her hair was covered by a light brown hood attached to her cloak, which laid over a darker brown dress just as thick as his sweater. "I'm not a hermit, big brother. It is you who only lets me out once in a while to sell medicine." Huffing, she walked past him, turning a head to glance at the black-cloaked creature. She refused to note him when she went to an empty stand in the marketplace, opening her bag and putting bundles of medicine jars up.

"And I thought I was getting away from that wretched smell..." Sayaku soon grumbled, shaking his head as he looked back at the woman who'd spoken to him. "So apples, pumpkin and squash...Wheat is stored and corn as well. So basically, I should focus on apples. Got it." Bowing a polite bow, he smiled to her. "Thank you very much, ma'am."
Old Posted 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Kay looked curiously from sister to brother. There was definitely something odd about them. “My pleasure, sir.”

Kay moved toward the sister’s stand. “And what are you selling today?” She peeked at the jars that were being lined up on the counter.

Suddenly, Kay caught movement out of the corner of her eye. Glancing up quickly, she spotted a dark figure melting back into shadows behind a shop. Her eyes widened in alarm, then narrowed in annoyance. “Great, I have been followed. Just my luck”

She turned back to the girl to resume the conversation, acting as if nothing were awry.

Meanwhile, the cloaked figure cursed. She had seen him and the element of surprise had been lost. She would now be on her guard at all times. The figure settled back to wait and think of a plan.
Old Posted 12-17-2010, 08:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #5  
"I sell herbal medicines." Flutter replied in a fairly nonchalant manner. She'd heard the other girl's words regarding being followed, causing her to lightly lean her head against her shoulder with curiosity. "Followed? I'm usually only followed by my brother...Is someone following you for a bad reason?"

"Sis, I'm gonna go ahead and get some market goods. Do you need any herbs for your next batch of medicine?"

"No, I can handle that. But if you happen to find some berries, please get some just to be safe, big brother." She smiled in response, looking to Kay curiously. "Is there any particular type or medicine you could use? If you need something for energy, promoting healing or anything else, I can try to help the best I can."
Old Posted 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
“Following me? Erm…of course not!” Kay laughed nervously. Even if this was a backwater village, there was no point in revealing herself, especially since she didn’t know how these people would react.

“I could use some healing medicines, I suppose. They’re always useful.” She fingered her purse and glanced toward where the cloaked figure had disappeared.

“So how do you and your brother like living here? It seems a nice place. Oh, I don’t think I ever got your names?”

The cloaked figure sat behind a house, scratching at the dirt with a pointed fingernail. He had decided to wait until Kay found a place to spend the night. She couldn’t stay awake forever, and since she knew no one, there would be no one to guard her. It was a hindrance that she had seen him, but the remoteness of the village would make up for it well. He peeked around the corner. She was still with that girl. Annoyed, he cursed again. If she would just hurry up and be on her way, he could lessen his boredom. At least following her was more interesting than sitting and waiting all day. He wished it was night so he could watch from the rooftop. Hiding behind a house was annoying him greatly. Sighing he turned back and began digging into the dirt with his fingernail again.

(OOC: I'll be leaving for my parents house tomorrow and will be gone until the 30th. I'll try to get online and post, but I can't 100% guarantee that I can get on because their internet is really crappy plus I'll be doing family things. I will try my best though! Just thought I'd let you know so you don't think I gave up on the rp. How do you think our rp is going so far? I'm enjoying it.)
Old Posted 12-17-2010, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #7  
((Sorry, I don't white out text for OOC xD But I am very much enjoying this roleplay so far. It has an interesting feel to it and it's fun getting to write with you! You are a very good writer. Are you sure you're a beginner like you said in your search thread? ;D))

"My name is Flutter. My brother over there was Sayaku. We live in the outskirts of the village." Flutter smiled easily, looking about curiously. "What sort of medicine are you looking for? Depending on the types of things you'd like to heal, I can tell you which medicine works the best. Also, do you have any food allergies? My medicine is made of organic herbs and fruits, along with water and some other such things...So you should tell me any allergies you have so I won't give you something with an allergen in them."

Sayaku, meanwhile, pondered the list of things he wanted to buy as he walked along the market road. He eyed various things that would serve good purpose- especially at the fruit vendors, then again at the baker. As was usual when he shopped, Sayaku had gotten some good bargains- likely thanks to the kindness of the shop-owners, who always treated him, along with most others in the village, like family. It was good to have a home like that, even if he wasn't technically a citizen- or a human.

"Let's see...Got some apples, squash, wheat, left-over blueberries and raspberries...Plain rolls and sugar..." He worked a hand through his market basket, trying to make sure he had what he needed. "Should probably see if that one farm has some milk available..." He headed behind a few houses in order to look for the farm, using shortcuts, seeing the cloaked figure. "Good day to you."
Old Posted 12-17-2010, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
(No problem. I wasn't sure so I whited it out just in case. ^^ Thank you for the compliment. I have written quite a bit for school, but I have honestly never done an rp before. xP Sorry for the super long wait! D: The internet at my in-laws was so slow.))

“It’s nice to meet you, Flutter. My name is Kay. I suppose I just need some that would heal cuts and bruises. I can’t imagine I would need anything else.” She ran her fingers over her hair in agitation. “Well…uh, do you have any that would help with more serious wounds? Like internal bleeding? You never know when something like that would come in handy. I don’t have any allergies, so that’s no worry.”

She looked back toward where she had last seen the dark figure. She couldn’t see it at all, but she did notice that Sayaku had headed right toward the spot. Tensing, she waited. The figure could not be after anyone, but her, so the boy was safe…right?

Meanwhile, the figure looked up at Sayaku. He was annoyed and slightly surprised that this being had talked to him. He must not have been as well concealed as he thought he had been.

“You have no business talking with me, so go about your way.” He glared at the boy, his black eyes glimmering up from the darkness of his hood. Angry at his carelessness that had caused both Kay and this boy to see him, he stood up to leave and find a new hiding place. His 6’ 5” frame towered over the boy ((unless Sayaku is very tall! I’m just guessing here and I can change it if you like)) as he pulled his long cloak tight about himself.
Old Posted 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #9  
((Actually, Sayaku's fairly short for a guy so it makes sense xD He's taller then his sister, obviously, but he's probably around 5'6", so...More like a tall girl. So no need to worry. And no need to worry about the wait, either. It happens. :3))

"Internal bleeding and general wound care...Aha!" She took a vial from the stand with a cream of some sort, which was colored more like moss then the more common creams that were white like clouds. "This one helps promote general healing, for cuts and the like. It also helps to keep bacteria out of the wound. Though you won't like the smell most likely, it should help."

"As for internal bleeding and the like... I can't say that it'll absolutely heal it, but..." She took another vial of liquid, red like blood. "This does help organ health and the like, which is what internal bleeding involves. It won't heal all on its own, but it will help jump start the system to heal more quickly. While the wounds will still take time and you should still get them checked, this should at least help promote the healing faster."

Sayaku, however, had ignored the rude response, blue eyes glancing up easily. "Look I was just saying hello. No need to be rude...I was only saying hello because it's polite." He shook his head with a sigh. "Unless you're a vampire hunter. Then we might have trouble. I happened to notice you watching the shop over there with the medicines. Since my sister runs it, I'd rather be able to make sure she's safe."
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 02:20 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Kay took the vials and peered into them. “Thank you. These will be very useful if and when I need them. Hopefully I won’t, but you never know! How much do I owe you?” She reached into her pouch for some coins. “Ah, you wouldn’t happen to know of a good place to spend the night, do you? I could use a good night’s rest before setting out again tomorrow.”

The figure frowned down at Sayaku. “I have no business with vampires, nor with your sister. You have no worries on that account.” He looked toward the booth where Kay still was and his eyes flashed. At least she had not seen his face. There was a chance he could approach her later in a public place without being recognized. He assumed she would stay in the village, since she now knew she was being followed. If he could pose as a villager, she might be none the wiser and he could finally get this assignment finished.

He looked back at Sayaku. “Are there any inns located in this village? I need a place to stay and refresh myself.”
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #11  
((Sorry. I made up the amount since I don't know what the currency is or anything >< Also sorry for major delay))

Flutter smiled. "Since you're a new customer, I plan to deduct some costs to make it easier for you so..." She did some calculations on her hands, tapping the table she was using as her stall to make sure she kept count properly. "Alright. So.... Upon calculations due to ingredients, that should be about five silver coins." She smiled a bit, nodding. "Ah, somewhere to stay? Well, you can stay at our house if you want to stay a bit farther from town, but otherwise in town... Um... I think there's an inn near the bakery. I mostly come here to do my vending and shopping for supplies, so I don't really know that much about shelter here... I live in the outskirts..."

"Eh, if you were a vampire I could care less. It's a vampire hunter I have to worry about. A vampire would probably be a godsend for my sister actually." He laughed- unfortunately, he didn't really have the ability to bite his own sister. "There's an inn over near the bakery I believe. It may or may not be crowded though... Make sure to check with them that they have room. If not, you can probably find a resident who's open to using their home as shelter for travelers."
Old Posted 01-14-2011, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
((Don’t worry about it. I’m totally fine with delays. :3 ))

“Thank you very much, Flutter.” Kay smiled as she counted out the coins. “Thank you for the information. I’ll see what the inn has to offer. I wouldn’t want to intrude upon you and your brother.”

Feury glanced at Sayaku. “Right. I’ll go see to that inn then.” He walked off before Sayaku could say anything more. Talking was annoying and he would much rather be alone. Tucking his cloak tightly around himself, Feury walked over to the inn, carefully avoiding detection. He slipped through the door and walked up to the innkeep who was standing behind a large counter.

“Greetings sir. Do you happen to have any rooms available?” He carelessly tossed his full coin pouch onto the counter in front of the innkeep. The innkeep ignored the full pouch and looked at the cloaked stranger. “I’m very sorry good sir, but we are full up today. Many people have come to trade in the market and we no longer have any empty rooms. However, if you are in need of a place to stay, I could find someone willing to share their house for the night.”

Feury gave the innkeep a slight grin that caused the innkeep to shudder a bit inside. “Thank you. That won’t be necessary. I will find other accommodations on my own.” Grabbing his coin pouch, Feury left the inn and made his way to a dark place behind another house. “At least it will be easier for me to finish my job, now that Kay cannot stay at the inn.” He grinned to himself and sat down to wait.

Kay walked over to the inn, tucking her newly purchased potions into a padded pouch on her belt. She went in and over to the innkeep to inquire about a room. The innkeep smiled knowingly and shook his head as she started to ask her question.

“Sorry lassie. We’re full up for the night. You’re the second one I’ve had to turn down today, and probably not the last. There are so many people who have come to market today. They must be thinking bad weather’sa coming. I can find another place for you to stay, if you need it. There are families that are willing to take in guests.”

“Ah, thank you innkeep, but that won’t be necessary. I will go and take up the offer given to me earlier.” Kay smiled and left the inn, heading back toward the market stalls.

“Ah, Flutter. The inn seems to be full. Might I take you up on the offer of a place to stay tonight? I can compensate you, of course.”
Old Posted 01-20-2011, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #13  
Flutter had finished with another customer when Kay had come back, hands working diligently to keep the stall neat and organized. "Of course. We don't have guests very often, and while my brother and I may not eat the most common diet I'm sure we'll have food you will be able to enjoy." She smiled softly. They had fish if that was required at home, and there were plenty of vegetables and fruits, as well as pastries- surely something would have to work, right?

A throbbing came to Sayaku's head. He was thankful when the man had gone, for a nearby fight was turning awfully heated, and that was never a good moment for the young boy. He stomach twisted inside out it had felt, his finger moving to one of his strangely sharp fangs, eyes seeking a victim. "Hm...The fighters are over here. Out of sight..." He grinned slyly, taking a walk over to them before pointing out they'd made a mistake fighting there. He then took a quick bite before he had to finish his shopping.

"Oh. Miss Kay," Flutter noted with a smile. Where shall I meet you so we can head home?"
Old Posted 01-20-2011, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
((Sorry for the wait. I had writers block and I don’t know what else to do until we get to Flutter’s house. That’s when I want to have Feury really come into the picture xP))

“Ah, thank you very much Flutter. I’m sure I will enjoy whatever you have on hand.” Kay smiled. “I suppose we can meet here at the stall whenever you two are ready. I think I’ll just peruse the wares at the other stalls until then.”

Feury lay on top of a roof. With the shadows beginning to lengthen, the roof offered a better view while still being concealed. He watched Kay closely. It seemed she had found a place to spend the night. He took in the appearance of Flutter, making sure he could recognize her if he happened to lose sight of Kay.

Pausing in his observations, he smelled the scent of blood. He looked down toward the shadows behind the houses. At first, he saw only a couple of men lying in the dirt. “Probably drunk” Then he saw another figure gliding silently away. It was that boy, Sayaku. “Hmm, I may have to take him into consideration. He could be a nuisance if he gets in the way, especially if he is indeed a vampire.” He looked back toward the market stalls. “But I won’t mess up again. They won’t even know when Kay goes missing.”
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #15  
((We can always do a skip~))

"Sorry, buddy," Sayaku noted swiftly, a slight dribble of blood running down his chin, which he quickly swiped away with his sleeve. "It's your fault for going about in a drunken rage and making me thirsty. Heh...Good thing you won't remember me anyway." He walked away from the drunks, keeping himself from drawing attention as he looked around. "Oh! That's a relief, there's some good stuff on sale for sis." His grin came back full force- he took care of himself, now he could focus on his sister.

"Sure! I hope you find some things you like while you browse. You may bump into big brother again since he's getting ingredients and stuff right now." She smiled. "I hope he's found something to eat too. He always worries so much about me he forgets to eat!" She laughed a bit, weakly as she waved slightly. "Big brother'll be done in an hour and I should likely be done too. So come check then okay? Please have a good time shopping~!" She smiled as someone else came over- and her natural cycle for selling stuff to various people with natural remedies clear in their conversations.

(Skip to later? This way there's less worry for writers block~))
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 12:45 AM Reply With Quote