Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Poconut Overlord
Default [Jitter Bug & Jurinjo]   #1  
Story

New York city after being fictionally put to ruin hundreds of time finally faced it in reality. The sprawling metropolis is in ruins- many of the buildings threatening to fall upon you after weathering 200 years. A popular place such as this deserved a Vault or three. Our two heroes, or whatever, ventured to search one for any treasure it could hold.
Last edited by Jurinjo; 09-27-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old Posted 09-26-2010, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
My Character

Name: Ricky
Appearance: link
Bio: Young and full of adventure he has taken the wasteland by storm...or really just surprised it. His skill with a gun is fair and has grips on survival but he is inexperienced. How he remained alive against the odds against him could be called luck. Ricky of course knows better than to rely on that. His past though is a bit foggy and he avoids it. Not unusual in the wastelands but something is off...
Weapon Preference: two Sawed-off Shotguns, .44 scoped magnum, combat knife
Skills: Gun expertise and repair, lock picking, and minor skill in explosives

Name: Fen
Race: Ghoul
Appearance: The majority of his face is covered by a scarf, his tattered hair looks more human under the beanie but the ski mask was ridiculous. The rest of the ghoul's clothes is a motley of brown and black fabric thrown in tandem with black leather. In all he probably sewn it together from what he had around him.
Bio: EDIT: Fen is a vault dweller who during the conflict in his vault was trapped in a room and exposed to high radiation. Instead of dying he became a ghol trapped within that vault until Lea and Ricky inadvertently saved him. He's a little rusty with his skills but can be quite deadly despite that and lack of wasteland knowledge.
Weapons: Chinese Officer's sword, 10mm gunCustom Deathclaw Gauntlets, smoke and flash bombs, throwing knives
Skill: Stealth, computer hacking, demolitions, and unarmed combat

NOTE: Fen's current weaponry might change to the original ones I had planned with time...but might not. -shrugs- =\
Last edited by Jurinjo; 10-03-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old Posted 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Diss the Dance
Default   #3  
My Character

Name: Thalea Leonie (Pronounced Dalieah)
Appearance: link
Bio:Bossy and moody, she can be unpredictable at times. She's been on her own since a young age and learned to survive only by knowing where and when to hide and what to take and what to leave behind. She is somewhat of a thief when she's not making do with what she's gathered from destroyed museums and or looking for supplies.
Weapon Preference: 7in Joker Mount Antilope knives, a Fallkniven knife ODIN, a Knuckle Crusher Guard Butterfly Knife, and several throwing knives including two Raptor Shuriken. Also less often used is a wooden crossbow.
Skills: Melee expertise, stealth (stealing), and medical skills
Last edited by Jitter bug; 09-27-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old Posted 09-27-2010, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"Agh Dammit!" he swore rubbing his knee. Being quiet was hardly a concern anymore after brining down that shelf. Someone opened to the door into the Vault before him...or judging by the worn metal and disarray of all the objects- the inhabitants left. But if it was open, and he had found it, someone else had likely done the same. Ricky wouldn't have shared any loot if he could help it and he knew for a fact he didn't exude any ruggedness in his youthful features.

He pulled out one of his shotguns with ease holding it ahead. His eyes swiveled around the room as he listened and looked for someone. Ricky remained tense for a few more seconds before relaxing slightly and cautious moving through another hall. Two things he kept in mind was first clues of danger, and second treasure. If he didn't suddenly feel the need to worry about a threat Ricky would've paid attention to anything to hint what madness gripped the Vault Citizen's last days. But that was not important right now and he stepped over a long deceased corpse.
Old Posted 09-27-2010, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Diss the Dance
Default   #5  
Thalea quietly and quickly rummaged through safe she'd found and opened, finding a new set of throwing knives, adding those to the one's already in the leather pouch at her waist even with the knowledge that they were . She moved on to find several more things of interest before she heard crashing from somewhere in the vault, her face swinging around towards the doorway of the room as the glint of a seven inch silver blade appeared in her hand.

Someone had to have just come in since she had already been through the Vault once and was just making the second sweep to make sure she hadn't missed anything so waiting was the game now. She silently made her way behind the door of the room and listened for footsteps, watching through the crack between the door-jamb and the door, glad for her small size.
Last edited by Jitter bug; 09-28-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old Posted 09-27-2010, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Ricky moved quietly, sticking to the walls and agonizing over every breath and step. The silence seemed to amplify every little sound despite all the crap on the floor that should've been keeping his soft steps from bouncing around. Maybe it was just his paranoia making that up though.

Whoever was, or still was here, did a good job cleaning things up. It looked like all he'd find left was bare materials. Which was considerably harder to sell of as it was time consuming and not high on wastelander's list of priorities. They could live with the same underwear for months but they could not live without ammo to shoot potential enemies, or whatever else this place probably now lacked.

The hall remained clear, with several open doors. The closest was only slightly open though. Tensing again he moved towards the door, crouched and shotgun ready to fire...
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Diss the Dance
Default   #7  
The footsteps grew in volume as Thalea glanced behind her at the room, spotting several things she'd missed the first time but as the steps slowed then stopped outside the door she tensed, eyes widening as she saw it was a young man, about her age, holding a shotgun.

Her hand tightened on the knife as she scanned the room for another place to hide. If this person was trigger happy she'd be shot before a word could be spoken. A door leading into a storage area provided her with a place to hide until whoever was outside the door was deep enough into the room for her to run. Silently she made a dash for the door to the storage room but her eyes caught the things she'd missed the first time and she slowed without realizing... Just that canteen, and the bolts. She needed those bolts for her crossbow.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 01:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
No sooner his quiet taps of his footsteps stopped at the door did he here a quick patter beyond the door. Ricky quickly put his back to the wall next to the door. The person panicked the last thing he wanted to do was incite them to pull the trigger. He just had to hope there weren't more in other rooms...raiders. He shuddered at the thought.

"Hey don't fire! So you got the treasure first. I promise not to shoot if you don't." He chuckled

" 'sides I put demo charges all around the exit of the vault you won't be leaving easily." , that was a bluff. And not a bad idea to use the next time he raided a treasure trove.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 02:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Diss the Dance
Default   #9  
The small young woman didn't answer immediately but rolled her eyes as she left the canteen for the bolts and began to make her way silently back to the storage room. Don't shoot. Right, like she'd ever gotten her hands on a functional gun. There was her crossbow but that couldn't hold an eye to a shotgun or explosives. Nonetheless she sheathed her nife and dropped all but three of her bolts in a seperate pouch from her throwing knives, "Okay then, I won't shoot if you keep your weapon pointed to the ground." She honestly didn't expect this complete stranger to heed her request but she was only speaking to cover the sound of her setting a bolt in the bow.

Just in case she took out more than several of her throwing knives, "There's nothing left so you might as well let me go.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
(( heh what do you know? Our titles are the same. ))

Words- that's all they were. It was difficult to ever trust another person. Leave yourself open and they'll kill you. He just had to hope this was one of those rare honorable people than one to kill without regret. Ricky knew he could use a friend to watch his back at some point. So he complied. Peaking first then rounding the corner of the door we walked in with the shotgun facing off down to his side. Each step he took was careful and cautious. The woman was fairly young as well but perfectly in her womanhood. He eyed her crossbow cautiously. Ancient or not he did not want that bolt in his leg or worse.

"Actually I have the advantage in the first place." He gave a warm smile, "Only I'm tired of barely surviving encounter because I was alone." Ricky gave her a look that said he was offer a friendship or at least a partnership. The way he saw it the best course would to accept it for now. There was always the chance she had some wildcard in her hand to use against him...
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Diss the Dance
Default   #11  
Her eyes watched his hands as he came in, never once looking at the rest of him until he spoke, her expression darkening as he stated the obvious fact of his advantage, the metallic click of her crossbow's safety switching off was a passive warning that she didn't much care for his advantage. Surely it was ancient but it was still fully functional.

When he continued she was cynical and silent as she considered, taking time to look at him. He was much taller and built stronger than she, her own size already smaller than average due to malnutrition years ago which gave her her speed. It was possibly the reason she was hard to catch and was able to hide so easily when she wasn't cornered like she was now. At least he wasn't much older than she was.

Size, strength, weaponry, not to mention that he had her trapped, the odds were impossible so finally she nodded, switching the safety on again, "Alright." She put the two bolts in her hand back in their pouch but kept the throwing knives in her hand and the last bolt in the crossbow. "Fine, if you can keep thugs off me then I'll help you." her tone made it clear that she wasn't interested in being friends right now.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 03:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
((wow I really like your last post))

Inwardly he sighed relief, the only visible sign he gave was relaxing his shoulders. His shotgun remained in his hand but it had its saftey on. Ricky wasn't going to take many chances. If his assessment of her was right she was good at close combat and very fast. He wouldn't give her the opportunity to use that speed to kill him.

"Sounds like a fair deal. Hope deciding who gets what loot will be as easy." Ricky ran his hand through his hair looking around for anything useful then bending down to grab a canteen. Inspecting it careful he seemed satisfied and put it in a shoulder bag he brought with him to carry such things.

"Which parts of this place haven't you already been through?" The dark halls were oppressive and garnered all kinds of nightmarish thoughts the further you went in. Ricky was sure after a certain point he'd have been reluctant to travel further.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 03:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Diss the Dance
Default   #13  
((Thanks. I've been giving thought to this one since I haven't been able to use this character in so long.))

Thalea took note of his reaction but when he spoke again she simply pointed to her pack, abandoned by the safe. There was nothing in it she could live without and she always made sure to keep anything she planned to keep for herself out of the pack when she was raiding places like this. "The decision will be easy. You keep your canteen and I'll keep everything I found."

Pointing out the pack had two purposes, one was to bring it to general attention that she'd already gotten most or all of what was in the vault and the second was to wordlessly warn him that she was simply retrieving what was hers before she moved for it.

His question made her pause as she pulled ties to close the pack before she moved on to button the brass snap, "I've been through all of it." A pause as she grabbed her bow again and stood, the throwing knives never having left her hand and her back never having been to him, "Twice." The woman didn't even take her eyes off him as she mopped sweat from her brow with her shirt sleeve, leaving behind a smear of clear lightly tanned skin.

"I won't go through it a thrid time but you're free to go look on your own. S'not like I can go anywhere."
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"Really?" he asked inquiringly. Not to be condescending but she made it sound like there was nothing valuable left and would gladly let him look alone. That she was in fact biding her time for when she could use those knives on him. "Most vaults have 3 levels, and the ones with the really good stuff have 4." They could of course go deeper but he doubted that if one of them existed in New York it would've been opened. People would notice when a bunch of vault-dwellers came up and none had for a long time.

He just shrugged. "Mainly as long as I don't have to worry about you or anyone else killing me I'm fine. But I'd like some company anyway. The halls and the bodies littering the place give me the creeps."

Ricky refused to believe there was no more here. There simply had to be something. What he was looking for was probably better to discover alone but just as he admitted to her he didn't want to travel that far all alone.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Diss the Dance
Default   #15  
The woman frowned, nodding, "I've been coming here for several days. I didn't try any doors that were barred or locked, I didn't have time for that." A partial lie and partial truth. She'd indeed been going back and forth for several days but she had had time for the locked and jammed doors. She just didn't have the strength to force the stronger doors open.

She cocked her head to the side and narrowed her eyes, "I'm no one to worry about. I only fight if I'm cornered, other wise I run." jerking her head at the door to make a point. "You, being a rather good-sized guy don't need to worry about strange men chasing you down and catching you for things other than killing or robbing when they realize you're all alone." She hadn't promised anything but she was essentially letting him know the exact reason why she'd agreed to the partnership and she wouldn't kill him without reason if he held up his end of the deal. It hadn't been just his advantages over her.

After a slight moment she glanced down at her feet and nudged the hand of what looked to have been an older man before he'd passed on, "The bodies won't do nuthin' to you..." Then looked back up at him, "Anyway, before I go with you I want to decide how we're going to split things if we find anything else. I'm not going to be over powered and robbed." They could split it by what's useful to who and then split the left overs but she wouldn't suggest that unless he couldn't come up with anything.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
"Were there people who came before you?" he asked only somewhat caring. "I'm good at picking locks and our combined strength can open the other doors if we want." he did a quick look through this room. She really knew how to clear it out there were some useful things but not worth the trouble at the moment. His hand glided to a pen which he tested and put in his pocket.

Ricky sighed. "Whatever is more valuble to the other person I guess. I'm looking for weapon, ammo and medicine. Especially shotgun shells, and .44 cal bullets. We can split stimpaks and the sort evenly. Sound good to you?" The young man took a few long strides out the room towards the hall leading to the steps that went to the next level down. One thing he left out was the documents he was looking for. Ricky didn't know what it said for sure himself but searching for what happened in this hole would be a good start.

((sorry my posts are bare and plain right now))
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 08:53 PM Reply With Quote