Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default Dungeon Master: RP Challenger R2 [Possibly M]   #1  
The deep forests of Myrim Wood never seemed darker this night. Of all nights that the carter had to pass through this area, the night of the full moon was an unlucky night. Nevertheless, fair coin was paid in order to ensure your voyage. It's a sad time in the Pale, and for those who arrived there before, it quickly became apparent that staying was outside of your best interests.

A loud howl, and the restless movement of the cart had awaken everyone. Then there was speed, faster than any horse had ran before, it ran, and through the side of your eye, you may have seen the glowing pair of red eyes, floating in the darkness.

The cart fell off the horse, falling off the road...and as you stand with those still alive, you realize that your not alone...
Old Posted 01-19-2012, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Oracle of the Enterprise
"In the first year out, for most Magisters from the Imperial College, it would be unthinkable to hit the ground, or even touch it if you were that skilled." or so Lynn thought as she fell out of the cart. "Through the use of magic, one could potentially lift themselves and editate over land, preventing dirt to housing on your clothes and by simply- *SLAM*

Apparently the ground didn't agree, or was she moving too fast?...Lynn didn't know, but puting it to the side, she imagined a glowing ball of light, and as she raised her left hand up light grew, but very dimly. She felt weak.
The Ward and Ace of Funkduder
Funk Certified Mule

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
-Marianne Williamson
Old Posted 01-19-2012, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
Waaaaaaauuuuuu--

Lunis hit the ground hand first and instinctively rolled along his back. If he had been less cat-like...He mentally figured out where each break and fracture in the bone would be.

Laying spread-eagle on the ground (his joints refused to let him get up), he blinked a few times. Definitely not the best place to be, but hey, he'd had more than his fair share of alley-lurking.

A bit of light caught his eye. The hell is that...?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-19-2012, 03:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
"I'm falling again aren't I?" Renata thought to himself. "Why does it always seem to end up with me falling." He quickly curled up into a ball and with a nice loud thud landed on his back. Renata uncurled himself giving himself a few seconds to regain his composure than started to get up. He looked around and saw the two other people that were with him.

"I can't seem to get a break can I?" Renata asked openly to the air. "So does anyone happen to know where we are or what even happened?" His voice sounded somewhat annoyed and like this happened to him often.
Lace and Chains: Hearts Intertwined
Airina's and Renata's Quest Thread

Airina's Auction House: Incogninja
Airina is my GirlFriend <3 Hurt or Mess with her and you pay!
The Lab's Immortal Janitor Pet
Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Last edited by Renata; 01-20-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 12:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Oracle of the Enterprise
Default   #5  
Lynn brought herself up slowly, feeling slightly embarrassed now that her robes were dirty. Looking around, there were two men, one on the ground and one on his feet, within her sight. The only problem, she thought, was what wasn't in sight.

Trees and rocks and dirt and a strange cave, could be seen by the moonlight. Inside the cave, there was a door to, but she didn't take the time to notice this. Instead, she noticed the man, standing while annoyed at what she thought was her due to the light's brightness.
"Sorry," she muttered as she dimmed the lights. More of the woods grew darker, hiding whatever that would have been seen there otherwise. She rubbed her eyes, as well. Darkness in the dreary night was not a stranger to her, but she had been napping shortly before the fall. She was drowsy enough to yawn after she cleared her eyes.
Funk Certified Mule

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
-Marianne Williamson
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
"....Holy shit, how did you do that?" Lunis muttered from his prone position on the ground. He's obviously heard of this strange magic concept before, but hadn't dreamed it to be more than a simple trick or two. And what was with that guy's hair? If it was dyed, then it was newly dyed. He'd never seen that sort of dark green before as a hair color. Or any sort of green, for that matter.

But then again, people usually didn't have olive-tinted eyes.

...Ground, meet Back. He won't be leaving you for a while unless he's forced to.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Last edited by Espy; 01-20-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Default   #7  
Renata saw the girl dim the light and heard her mutter a sorry. "I'm sorry I wasn't complaining about the light. I was more talking about how I always seem to get into some sort of trouble. So I assume your a mage? My sister is a very proficient water mage. What sort of magic do you do?" He quickly took in the surroundings and noticed the cave in the moonlight.

Renata walked over to the man on the ground and offered him his hand to help him up. "Hey there my name's Renata. How about we get you off the ground?" He kept looking around to make sure nothing was sneaking up behind him.

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Oracle of the Enterprise
Lynn decided to get a little closer to the man, while he helped the one on the ground. "Nature mostly," she said in her normal, quiet voice. She didn't want to reveal her scholarly background, despite using magic. It would gain too much unneeded attention... "I think I dropped my grimoire, though," she muttered to herself, under her breath. She couldn't see the cart, anywhere, which was a shame. Although she could read tomes or scrolls of magic flawlessly in order to evoke, like the rest of the college magi and magistrates, it provided no help here, where she had nothing to read, and nothing to rely on as protection, yet.
Funk Certified Mule

-Marianne Williamson
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
Glancing up, Lunis thanked Renata with a wave of his hand, and hopped to his feet by himself, already regretting having to get up.

"A Grimoire? That would be...?"

He felt the back of his head for any bruises, then checked to see if his pocketknife was still there. Fortunately it had stayed in his belt, even as he fell and tumbled around.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-20-2012, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Renata looked around to see if he could spot the missing Grimoire. "Does anyone else get the feeling the were being watched? As for your missing Grimoire I'm not quite sure where it could be. Which speaking of missing items let me know if you guys happen to see a katana it must have fell like we did."

Renata couldn't help staring at the cave as if something was beckoning him towards it. He was also slightly upset that his katana was missing. It was one of the few items that he never let out of his sight. "I'd really like to get my katana back. So let's keep a lookout for the Grimoire and my Katana."

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 01-20-2012, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Oracle of the Enterprise
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
"A Grimoire? That would be...?"
Oh Fuck! Lynn went from uncomfortable to panicked, as her eyes wet wide behind her bangs. She lost focs and the light went out for a second. "Oh shoot! Sorry..." she said embarassingly, regaining composure in the dark. His ears should not be that good! she thought incredulously. How tolerant were they of magisters? What are they going to do, now that they know she is powerless? were a number of thoughts that went through her head as she retrieved the light in her hand, again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata View Post
"Does anyone else get the feeling the were being watched? As for your missing Grimoire I'm not quite sure where it could be. Which speaking of missing items let me know if you guys happen to see a katana it must have fell like we did."
She looked around. Something was bugging her as well. Suddenly, the cave didn't seem like a good place to be near, with the types of creatures rumored to lurk Myrim Woods...
Funk Certified Mule

-Marianne Williamson
Old Posted 01-23-2012, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
[Encounter]
'Twas the blinking of the light that cuased them to come: Vampires, demons, devils. Call them whatever you'd like to call them but to those who have regularly traveled the trail, they were known as "The Savage": winged humanoids with a thirst for blood, whether magical or mundane, but always human, since they feared the light of day.
They came by packs of ten, and there were at least ten of them. They perched in the trees, and the first drop of their drool showed their presence...but The Savage liked this. They gained their appetite through fear.
Old Posted 01-23-2012, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #13  
Lunis raised an eyebrow at the flustered girl, then whirled around at a muffled flapping of wings.

He strode out past the light and made out bat-like forms. Many bat-like forms. Well, if these were monsters, there wasn't really any hiding from them. The only reason he would tell the mage...if she was a mage at all...to put away her light was that it was quickly taking its toll on his night vision.

He counted what he could see.

...Maybe...it's best we leave. Like...now.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-25-2012, 04:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Renata heard the sounds of flapping and knew that the feeling of being watched wasn't just a feeling. "I agree with that guy um...Lets get out of here. There's a cave over there I think that would be the safest place at the moment." He started to move out of the light of the sphere. He quickly looked around as much as he can just in case they needed to fight back to see what might be laying around that could be used as a weapon.

Renata slowly moved closer towards the cave. He knew that they needed to get out of there now and was just waiting for his eyes to finish adjusting to the light. He knew that these things would attack sooner or later. In his experience it would be sooner rather than later.

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 01-25-2012, 08:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Oracle of the Enterprise
Default   #15  
Lynn froze. She had heard of these creatures from the college, but to see so many at once was...terrifying. She didn't wait for the other's suggestion as she ran towards the cave, lifting her dress so as not to trip on the way there. She prayed that they were still preoccupied with the others.
Funk Certified Mule

-Marianne Williamson
Old Posted 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
[Agility Test]
They took flight, swooping down and around the group and the cave. They will strike quickly, and unless you have the strength to kill every single one of them, you must run, but run where? They have surrounded you?
Old Posted 01-28-2012, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
dungeon master rp