Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's ALIVE
Default I feel really weird everytime I do this. . ..   #1  
So I don't really talk much about this even with my close friends.
I really enjoy singing, and of course never do it in front of people. . . but more often then not it's not because of my voice that I worry about I am worried people will judge me for crying XD
So basically, I cry when I sing. I can't help it. I just feel the music deep inside myself so much it makes me feel ao emotional.
What is even up with that?
Is that normal?
(apologies if this thread is in the wrong place)

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Last edited by SparX; 05-12-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old Posted 05-12-2017, 06:33 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
i cry whenever i hear music after a long break, sooo pretty much every day. it just sort of happens, no matter what music it is, really. it takes a few minutes/a couple songs for my shit to even out, but it always happens again if i have a long enough break between listening to things. needless to say, the same happens when my first musics of the day are attempts at singing. i'm pretty used to it at this point, and while i haven't known anyone else irl to be the same way, it wouldn't surprise me.

Old Posted 05-12-2017, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
That's started happening to me in the last couple of years, so I know exactly what you mean. I mean, look at my username. I picked it for a reason: I'm a musician at heart; I feel music in my soul. When I really get into good music, I get emotional and choked up and teary-eyed.

I wonder if it has something to do with depression. This didn't always happen to me. It only started happening after I had a nervous breakdown from a traumatic employment experience.

It's actually rather irritating. I'm a musician. I'm a singer. I've got formal voice training. I used to sing solos. And now I can't hit the swells without my voice cracking. >_<
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-12-2017, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
I don't think people would judge you for crying--I know I wouldn't if someone cried as they sang. Rather, I'd probably just think that the person was very inclined towards music.

As someone who doesn't sing songs (I song-talk to myself though '_'), and I very rarely cry to anything not directly related to my life circumstances, crying to songs can be seen as special in a good way, then eventually something I'd see as just a part of that person.

Old Posted 05-12-2017, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
I have seen people cry while singing, so you're not the only one. Still, I think that's good that you feel that way when you're singing, and maybe someday, you can share that feeling with the world! It's a passion I haven't seen... yes, I call it passion because it sounds like it to me. I'm not a singer, but I get embarrassed if I sing around others who are not animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 05-12-2017, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Everyone has that one thing that they feel strongly about. For you it's singing. It means so much to you that your emotions take over. This is not a bad thing. I would see it as a good thing. To be so emotionally attached to something that it brings such a strong reaction is a blessing. Alot of people don't have that emotion even towards things that deserve it. I say it's a good thing. Crying is a way to relieve stress and pent up emotions. So sing until you can't anymore!!

Just random but if I had to guess I would say you are a very open and down to earth person. Just for the soul fact of the emotions you express when you sing I can't see you being an upset person.
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 05-12-2017, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
I don't really have a problem with crying because I'm singing. The thing I have a problem with is that the act of crying makes it very hard to sing correctly. ^^() Hard to hold a pitch steady when your voice is cracking.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-13-2017, 05:56 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'll sometimes sing to stop crying. It's not a go-to. I rarely cry and even rarer do it in front of people. Music is a sort of therapy that I often forget about, and I often use it as a distraction for myself.

The only song I know that I cry (or did cry) while singing was the simple tune I learned in choir that I used to sing to my dog while I clipped his nails. It was more to calm me down so I didn't make him nervous (I get anxious trimming dog nails.) Even though it's been 6 years since I've had to put him down, I still can't make it through the whole song without choking up.

When I was in hospital with cancer my niece would watch The Lorax non-stop and I memorized "Let it Grow." I used to try and sing it as exercise for my lungs. Took a while before I could make it all the way through without having to stop and catch my breath.
Old Posted 05-28-2017, 04:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #9  
I think crying is very good for you.
Some days it seems like my eyes are always welling up with emotion,sometimes I just become overwhelmed with an emotion I am feeling. I cry at books, music, sometimes I sing in the shower and if its a sad song I cry, or if it reminds me of someone or an experience then its waterworks! hahaha
Old Posted 05-28-2017, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
It is, actually. It's a natural antidepressant. I'm just not good at it, myself. Showing emotion in general is something you can find therapy groups for, as it's apparently part of good mental health.
Old Posted 05-28-2017, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #11  
I think it's a beautiful thing, and as pointed above probably also healthy, letting all the emotions out. If anyone finds it weird, cry again, they'll be so embarassed.
Old Posted 05-30-2017, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
emotional wreck, hobby, singing