Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default Panic all around   #1  
So my mom has to be a doom sayer cause every time she hears something she believes it.. like she went on for a week that something was going to happen during the 9'11 10th this year.. well as we see nothing happened.

She says things like this on a daily basis it's almost funny ... I just pat her head and tell her it'll be ok anymore cause she never believes anything I say when i tell her it'll be fine nothing will happen.

Anyone like this or know someone like this? o.O; is it normal to be that worried about everything?
Last edited by Rosekitten; 09-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old Posted 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

My grandmother is always like that, she likes to exaggerate and make things bigger than they really are and she always assumes that the worse is going to happen. She's like an over-sized child that should be disciplined but she's a 65 ( or older ) year old woman.

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 09-13-2011, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3  
I'm the worrier in my family.

Someone is ten minutes late, they got pulled over and maybe even arrested!

Twenty minutes late? Dead in a ditch. I cried my eyes out when my husband took an hour to run to the gas station. God forbid he bumps into someone from high school and catches up with them awhile. I think he's been in a horrific accident.

Someone has an argument? I think they'll never speak to each other again.

There's a buzzing sound in the walls? The wiring is overheated and the whole place is going to burn down or explode. Writing all this out makes me realize I'm a neurotic mess.

Also a total hypochondriac. Lot of that comes from not being able to be tested for anything (no insurance) and I do have a lot of symptoms. I think if I could get some tests done I'd be better about it because for me it's not knowing what's wrong. I fill in the blanks with the worst case scenario.
. .

Old Posted 09-13-2011, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Wicked sounds a bit like me. I worry a lot about people being late and stuff. But mythical worldly disasters don't bug me. Like earlier this year the rapture or what ever was supposed to happen.. I made fun of it instead. I can't wait for December 2012 =w=

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-13-2011, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
Right! End of the world stuff doesn't get to me.
Friends and Family and mysterious symptoms feel like the end of the world though.
. .

Old Posted 09-13-2011, 11:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Exactly. My mom was going on and on about dieing on the operating table when she had her foot operated on.. and I sat in the waiting room shivering and unable to concentrate on anything because i was so scared and worried that she really would die..

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-13-2011, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #7  
My mum is like uber paranoid, if were ever like 10mins late she will spam ring us ><
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 09-13-2011, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Marova Velenva
/raises hand. But, I try not to spew too much of that panic out of my head. D;

Я хочу быть с тобой.

Old Posted 09-14-2011, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #9  
I must be one of the most apathetic in this thread.

10 minutes late? Maybe they plan to be fashionably late. 30? I'm annoyed. An hour? Yeah I'm unhappy. Not worried. But unhappy that I have been waiting for whatever reason. If there was a way to entertain myself I'll then be mad they showed up to interrupt me. xD

Sounds that do bother me though are hints that someone is near and I can't see them. Or if I hear something and I'm home alone. I start worrying then for my personal safety. I learned to recognize the heater/AC now. Wish it wouldn't make a thump sound every time it starts though.
Old Posted 09-14-2011, 08:13 AM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Doesn't seem normal to me whatsoever.. but I lack a heart so I'm probably not the best person in the world to be asking something like that of.
You may call me Sam if y'all wish <3
Old Posted 09-16-2011, 02:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #11  
Eep. I couldn't live with someone happily if they kept talking about disasters. I mean some of it happens, i just wouldn't like to be reminded or told over and over and over again T:
Old Posted 09-17-2011, 04:38 AM Reply With Quote